22 hours ago, Ashley1709 said:

does anybody know if there will be anotherĀ round of interview invites that get sent out

Absolutely yeah. Pre-covid times, they had 4 interview sessions held on each Friday of the month.Ā 

Now, it seems that they have interview days so far on 3/3, and 3/8. So there have to be at least 2 more dates for this month.Ā 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, user0123 said:

anyone who interviewed before can share their interview experience? How long was it? What style of interview was it, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

There Ā is an essay portion and then you have to join during yourĀ allocated time. The actual interview was about 30mins and there were two interviewers who took turns to ask questions.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fathia said:

The Sophie Davis isnā€™t a PA program tho. But either way you think we do need an interview? Iā€™m worried I still havenā€™t gotten one.Ā 

The sophie davis biomedical education program at the cuny school of medicine contains a PA program and a Medical school.Ā 

In order to get accepted into the cuny school of medicine'sĀ PA program you have to be invited to an interview. This is standard for all PA programs in the U.S.A.

Their website contains all the information you need in terms of this particular program.Ā 

https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/csom/physician-assistant-program

If you have any admissions questions like this, I suggest you contactĀ the school directly. They are really nice and would shed more light on how the admission process for PA school works!Ā 

• Like 2

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I really do appreciate it. I applied to the medical school portion not the PA program so does that make a difference with the interview? Iā€™ve called the school many times and they donā€™t answer which is why I decided to check out this feed instead. Do you think thereā€™s a chance a person can get into the MD program with no interview?Ā 

10 hours ago, Fathia said:

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I really do appreciate it. I applied to the medical school portion not the PA program so does that make a difference with the interview? Iā€™ve called the school many times and they donā€™t answer which is why I decided to check out this feed instead. Do you think thereā€™s a chance a person can get into the MD program with no interview?Ā 

Just to clarify - you applied to the MD program and not the PA program, correct?Ā I donā€™t think many of us here in this PA forum areĀ aware of how the 7-yearĀ BS/MD process at CUNY CSOMĀ works.
Ā 

But regardless -Ā no,Ā virtuallyĀ all MD programs require an interview as well before any acceptance. This means that you needed to be invited to interview for this to happen. There is a very very slim Ā chance that anyone would be accepted into an MD/DO program without an interview.

10 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

I just want to say good luck to whoever is interviewing this weekĀ or next as well as send some positive vibes to the people who are still waiting to hear back!Ā 

I know this month can be stressful and worrisome but know that we are all in this together!Ā 

I appreciate this

• Like 1