2020-2021 Cycle

1 hour ago, Anahhita said:

Sorry for late reply. So there are two one on one interviews and they are really trying to know you and have a conversation with you. Between the interviews you have the opportunity to meet some of the current students and ask them questions. I had one interview with one faculty and one with alumni, both were very friendly and asked me about my strength, weakness, experiences... Hope that helps. Wish everyone good luck

thank you very much for the reply

On 10/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, ANEWU said:

Would you be able to share with us how we should prepare for the interview? any tips?

Sorry about the late reply! I ended up declining the interview as I was accepted to a different school. My general interview advice is to research the most common questions asked, and do a bunch of mock interviews with friends and family! Be yourself, don’t be afraid to joke around or be personable with them, and you’ll be fine. They already like you, and that’s why they invited you for the interview! Best of luck. 

On 11/4/2020 at 7:32 PM, Anahhita said:

Sorry for late reply. So there are two one on one interviews and they are really trying to know you and have a conversation with you. Between the interviews you have the opportunity to meet some of the current students and ask them questions. I had one interview with one faculty and one with alumni, both were very friendly and asked me about my strength, weakness, experiences... Hope that helps. Wish everyone good luck

Hey, thanks for the reply! What sort of questions did you ask the students and do you know if the students have any say in your acceptance or not?

On 11/7/2020 at 4:35 AM, caelanshirey said:

Sorry about the late reply! I ended up declining the interview as I was accepted to a different school. My general interview advice is to research the most common questions asked, and do a bunch of mock interviews with friends and family! Be yourself, don’t be afraid to joke around or be personable with them, and you’ll be fine. They already like you, and that’s why they invited you for the interview! Best of luck. 

unfortunately i dont have any family to do a mock with and not many friends around lol but i will be prepared

thx and congrats

Edited by AZherzog

I'll put in my two cents as well. The interview date was coordinated very well and was approximately five hours in duration. There was an overview of the program and then a very quick financial debrief. After that we were split into our two separate interviews. They interview about 8 out of the 40 candidates at a time and the rest stay in the main session and wait for their turn. I was in the last group so I talked with the students for about 50 minutes before my first interview. Once everyone is cycled through their interviews there is a debriefing and the day is complete. In regards to the interviews themselves, I thought they were quite pleasant. There was the basic questions such as why PA/SFU and tell me about yourself and their was a couple of behavioral questions such as name a time when... and also how would you respond if... 

Don't be nervous and just be yourself! There was approximately 40 candidates in my interview and I am assuming there will be 40 in the next one. They unfortunately only have 4 seats to fill this season for anywhere between 70-90 applicants. 

3 hours ago, byf8thpber said:

I'll put in my two cents as well. The interview date was coordinated very well and was approximately five hours in duration. There was an overview of the program and then a very quick financial debrief. After that we were split into our two separate interviews. They interview about 8 out of the 40 candidates at a time and the rest stay in the main session and wait for their turn. I was in the last group so I talked with the students for about 50 minutes before my first interview. Once everyone is cycled through their interviews there is a debriefing and the day is complete. In regards to the interviews themselves, I thought they were quite pleasant. There was the basic questions such as why PA/SFU and tell me about yourself and their was a couple of behavioral questions such as name a time when... and also how would you respond if... 

Don't be nervous and just be yourself! There was approximately 40 candidates in my interview and I am assuming there will be 40 in the next one. They unfortunately only have 4 seats to fill this season for anywhere between 70-90 applicants. 

thank you as well for the reply....so far this is my only interview....only 4 seats ugh lol wow... i can see the chances of getting in are quite low, oh well, ill give it my best but very discouraging

2 hours ago, eluch15 said:

I got an acceptance call from Saint Francis today! I am shocked. I was really sure I would get waitlisted considering the fact that they had only had 4 seats open! 

1 hour ago, byf8thpber said:

I received an acceptance call as well! 

Congrats you two! guess there’s only two seats left now? Lol kiss my chances good bye 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Armita said:

I have interview on Dec 4th as well, but wondering if they accept 10 people or 4 people.

They said that they had about 10 seats open fro grad students, however, during the 11/2 interview, they only had 4 spots open. So you most likely will be interviewing for the waitlist, but do not lose hope because they said they pull a good number off of the waitlist!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...