Are my credits expired for most schools?

I graduated undergrad in 2013 but had to take a long hiatus from further schooling due to debilitating health issues. I graduated with a 3.4 gpa and took all of the pre-med classes as I was planning on either going to medical or dental school. I will still need to take anatomy and microbiology, but did well in the other sciences required. I also took many advanced science classes that aren’t required and did fairly well. I was wondering how frowned upon it would be that I finished the course load 7 years ago...and counting, as I don’t know when if I will even be able to apply to PA schools within the next couple of years 

Do I have any realistic chance of not having to retake all of the required classes to apply? Are there any particular schools that are more lenient with this? I am looking to go somewhere in the NYC or South Florida area.

Will an excellent GRE score make up for this?

- Thank You

My anatomy was from 2010-2011 and I am good for all my schools except one (I will have to retake a refresher IF I go there). Alot of schools have a 7 to 10 year expiration. I think you can find a decent amount of schools that you will be cleared to apply. Some schools may expire as well but if you work a job that requires use of that subject then sometimes they will make an exception. Most schools specify this in the admission requirements area, which I believe one of my schools had this expection. Don't even remember which lol

If you stay within the 10 year mark then I think you might be okay. After that then I think you'll be retaking....that's why I really need to get in this first cycle of applying lol 😅

Also, I do not believe the GRE will make up for any classes. I am also sorry that I have not looked into any schools in NYC or Florida. I do apologize.

50 minutes ago, Betterer said:

I graduated undergrad in 2013 but had to take a long hiatus from further schooling due to debilitating health issues. I graduated with a 3.4 gpa and took all of the pre-med classes as I was planning on either going to medical or dental school. I will still need to take anatomy and microbiology, but did well in the other sciences required. I also took many advanced science classes that aren’t required and did fairly well. I was wondering how frowned upon it would be that I finished the course load 7 years ago...and counting, as I don’t know when if I will even be able to apply to PA schools within the next couple of years 

Do I have any realistic chance of not having to retake all of the required classes to apply? Are there any particular schools that are more lenient with this? I am looking to go somewhere in the NYC or South Florida area.

Will an excellent GRE score make up for this?

- Thank You

I am in the same boat as you. I graduated in 2013 with a human biology degree. I've done a lot of research into schools and if you don't want to be repeat courses there are so some schools without an expiration limit. A large amount of the schools that do have "expiration limits" have it for on A&P and microbiology which you still need to take anyways so you'll be good on that standpoint for me. 

For me personally, i started retaking all my courses first with A&P and Microbiology (again because for most schools that is the only one that has an expiration limit) and now I'm working on the gen biology series with general chemistry starting in the fall. That way if i get in this cycle great! I can stop retaking these courses but then if they don't I can apply to more schools that do have an expiration limit. Either way I think you'll be fine either way especially if you have a strong science GPA