Resumes or Business Cards for Rotations

I'm starting rotations in about a month, and I was wondering if it's appropriate to hand out business cards or resumes to clinical preceptors? 

I hope it's not frowned upon by preceptors. 

My goal for clinical year is to not only pass EORs, but to also network and potentially land a job before graduation (July 2021). 

Thank you 🙂

I'm starting rotations in about a month, and I was wondering if it's appropriate to hand out business cards or resumes to clinical preceptors? 
I hope it's not frowned upon by preceptors. 
My goal for clinical year is to not only pass EORs, but to also network and potentially land a job before graduation (July 2021). 
Thank you [emoji846]
I don't feel business cards would help and passing out unsolicited resumes is over the top. Network by talking and then, if people are interested, you could give a resume. The thrust should be on gaining experience, building a reputation, and finding opportunities. Mass marketing is probably not compatible with those goals.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Administrator

I had PA student business cards--You can get like 500 for 30 bucks from Vistaprint. Don't just use them with preceptors, give them to patients who you want to call you (personally) back if your site allows it.  Give them to other professionals with whom you've worked.  Give them to the other students you end up rotating with.

... and you'll still have a 2/3rds full box until you give up and throw away the rest when they're no longer relevant. 🙂

Our class was advised to have cards available for all the things Rev Ronin mentioned above -- I gave out, two... maybe? It was a waste of money. For the preceptors I connected with who were gracious enough to be references for me, we exchanged numbers/emails and I stayed in touch with them between my rotation and graduation.

• 2 weeks later...