I know that you can literally major in ANYTHING, but do some programs have an inherent preference for science majors. Would majoring in for instance Communications, be seen as taking the "easy way out". Obviously, getting an A in a upper division communications class is easier than getting an A in a upper division biology class (not a pre-req). This would lead to a high cGPA but will pa programs hold this against you in some way???

Pick a major that you would be happy working in if you don’t get into PA school. You are going to spend a lot of time and money and it probably shouldn’t be to try to impress anyone else.

I was an engineer. A med school advisor told my daughter that the best med school applicant he ever met was a photography major.

I would say: run your own life.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

To piggyback off what @UGoLong said, also think about a major that would allow you flexibility if you don't go to PA school or need to take a break in schooling. I am a Biology major and the job market for a biology degree without any advanced degrees SUCKS lol. I am a taking a gap year and I had to work around my wack degree. My current job that I found was just a stroke of luck and has absolutely nothing to do with my degree. 

Edited by Imani

I would recommend just going with something that interests you. I have not heard of a program that openly states that they prefer a certain major or majors. As long as you excel in prereqs, that is usually enough to demonstrate that you can do well in the natural sciences. If you were worried or had a low GPA, taking additional science courses beyond the prereqs is always an option. Personally, I majored in Psychology which I felt offered a lot of interesting and fun classes while I took my prereqs, and I also believed helped me get a job as a behavioral therapist after I graduated.

I would recommend just going with something that interests you. I have not heard of a program that openly states that they prefer a certain major or majors. As long as you excel in prereqs, that is usually enough to demonstrate that you can do well in the natural sciences. If you were worried or had a low GPA, taking additional science courses beyond the prereqs is always an option. Personally, I majored in Psychology which I felt offered a lot of interesting and fun classes while I took my prereqs, and I also believed helped me get a job as a behavioral therapist after I graduated.

That’s also what my daughter took as an undergrad (Psych). She had no trouble getting into vet school and later getting a second doctorate in pathology.

Like I said, live your own life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk