2020 Bethel Tennessee admission cycle

9 minutes ago, MW2017 said:

Hey everyone! It's good to see this thread up and going! I'm a current first year student at BethelU. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions. I'll try my best to answer any questions you have. It's a bit different than my interview experience last year as I would've never thought we would be in a pandemic. 😅

(Please don't read too much into that last sentence as I'm just referring to it being on Zoom rather than in person.)

Hey if you dont mind me asking, what was your interview format like? 

6 minutes ago, chisomnazu said:

Hey if you dont mind me asking, what was your interview format like? 

It was done differently this year due to zoom. It was more of a personal interview. Trying to respect the program, that is all I am going to say about the interview process. 🙂

Edited by rainbowbright
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, rainbowbright said:

It was done differently this year due to zoom. It was more of a personal interview. Trying to respect the program, that is all I am going to say about the interview process. 🙂

Thanks but I just wanted to know if it was like a traditional format, MMI, or a group interview etc. 

On 7/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, MW2017 said:

Hey everyone! It's good to see this thread up and going! I'm a current first year student at BethelU. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions. I'll try my best to answer any questions you have. It's a bit different than my interview experience last year as I would've never thought we would be in a pandemic. 😅

(Please don't read too much into that last sentence as I'm just referring to it being on Zoom rather than in person.)

Hello! I was wondering if you all have a capstone/research project that you have to complete upon graduation?

On 7/15/2020 at 2:45 PM, MW2017 said:

How have you liked the program so far? Anything that had really stuck out to you? I have an interview coming up and would love to know more about a current or former student's feedback about the program 🙂 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, AbigailC said:

Hello! I was wondering if you all have a capstone/research project that you have to complete upon graduation?

Hey AbigailC! So sorry for the delayed reply. I actually don't believe there is a capstone/research project built into the curriculum at BethelU.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 6:57 PM, fingerscrossed2020 said:

How have you liked the program so far? Anything that had really stuck out to you? I have an interview coming up and would love to know more about a current or former student's feedback about the program 🙂 

Honestly when I was submitting my CASPA, it wasn't my first choice on my list. It wasn't really until I attended the interview and several other interviews that I ended up really liking this program. The faculty is tremendous here and genuinely care about you and your future success! It almost like a "second home" feeling for me and that still resonates with me even today. I didn't think I would find that especially being from out-of-state! With the university being religiously-affiliated it adds a unique touch to the program. It isn't really pressured on anyone but it's nice thing incorporated.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, rainbowbright said:

Thanks for offering to be a great resource! I interviewed earlier this week and was waitlisted.  I am very fortunate to have this as an option. I wish everyone the best and good luck this cycle! 

Congrats on the waitlist! I have an interview this upcoming Saturday and am getting nervous. Was it an individual interview on zoom or did you interview in groups? The wording on the email was a little ambiguous.

5 minutes ago, adambvaughn said:

Received my acceptance this morning from the 7/25 interview date. I hope you all got good news as well. Is there a GroupMe/Facebook group for the newest cohort? Looking forward to meeting my classmates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations. If you dont mind me asking when did you apply and what was your interview experience like?

Congratulations. If you dont mind me asking when did you apply and what was your interview experience like?

I submitted my supplemental app at some point in May before my CASPA app which verified on 5/28. It was a MMI interview format and was overall a great experience.

3 hours ago, adambvaughn said:

Received my acceptance this morning from the 7/25 interview date. I hope you all got good news as well. Is there a GroupMe/Facebook group for the newest cohort? Looking forward to meeting my classmates!

Congrats! 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 12:29 PM, MW2017 said:

Honestly when I was submitting my CASPA, it wasn't my first choice on my list. It wasn't really until I attended the interview and several other interviews that I ended up really liking this program. The faculty is tremendous here and genuinely care about you and your future success! It almost like a "second home" feeling for me and that still resonates with me even today. I didn't think I would find that especially being from out-of-state! With the university being religiously-affiliated it adds a unique touch to the program. It isn't really pressured on anyone but it's nice thing incorporated.

I have a similar story. I meant to email Bethel University in Minnesota and actually got the TN school (luckily my mistake was not obvious at all) and the response they gave me, gave me good vibes so I attended one of their information sessions and then I decided to apply. Fingers crossed I submitted awhile back but just got my GRE scores in and i need clarification about my shadowing form and I'll send that off with my secondary and we'll see. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, adambvaughn said:

I received my acceptance on 7/28 from the 7/25 interviews as well, congrats! 

On 7/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, adambvaughn said:

I also received my acceptance! And I've been wondering too if/when they would make a Facebook group for our class of 2023. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone as well! 

Do you happen to know/remember how often they visit the cadaver lab in Nashville, under normal circumstances? I know the student panel said after the interviews that they haven't been able to go there since COVID-19 hit, but prior to the pandemic, I can't remember if they said they were going every month, twice a month, or something different. Or maybe @MW2017 , you could answer this question? 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AbigailC said:

I also received my acceptance! And I've been wondering too if/when they would make a Facebook group for our class of 2023. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone as well! 

Do you happen to know/remember how often they visit the cadaver lab in Nashville, under normal circumstances? I know the student panel said after the interviews that they haven't been able to go there since COVID-19 hit, but prior to the pandemic, I can't remember if they said they were going every month, twice a month, or something different. Or maybe @MW2017 , you could answer this question? 🙂

Good question! If I look back at the previous class schedule, at least twice a semester if possible. It varies certain semesters as subject material is more complex than others and/or the availability of the cadaver lab in Nashville. Unfortunately, our class has yet to go due to pandemic but make up days are "in the works" as we are told.

Facebook group I don't know about when or the specifics but we (couple of the peers from CO2022) do make it for you so as soon as you get an invite, join! 😄

Also, Congrats to those you have gotten accepted thus far!!! It's weird to think that this time last year I was in the same spot as y'all. If you're waitlisted, don't lose hope!! Things do tend to come up as it's a competitive process all around!

Edited by MW2017
  • Like 1

Just got my interview invite as well! Was not expecting an in person for some reason. First problem solved coverage, second problem now flight plans. Is Nashville the best airport to fly into? Should I even buy flight tickets as it might be changed to virtual. I am so nervous! 

In regards to schools, if you're accepted do you have accept it right away or is there time to see if other schools want to interview your or accept you? 

Edited by Christine616
  • Like 1

Just got my interview invite as well! Was not expecting an in person for some reason. First problem solved coverage, second problem now flight plans. Is Nashville the best airport to fly into? Should I even buy flight tickets as it might be changed to virtual. I am so nervous! 
In regards to schools, if you're accepted do you have accept it right away or is there time to see if other schools want to interview your or accept you? 

Congratulations on the invite! I was accepted from the July 25th interviews. I’m an in-stater and native west Tennessean, so Nashville would be the best airport to fly into. It’s about 2 hours from Nashville to Paris, TN.

You have 10 days to accept their offer and make your $1000 seat deposit.

Best of luck to you!