Student looking for PA shadowing in NY or NJ

Hi my name is Michele,  I live in Staten Island NY. I am a current senior in clincals for medical laboratory science. I also graduated a medical assistant program recently. I have previous experience in NICU and maternity. I need shadowing hours for both the school but also to insure I'm making the right decision. I drive so most comfortable areas for me is here on the island or NJ. Thank you for considering me and all you do .

Miss Michele 

Edited by MLSMichele
Wanted to add a thank you:)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PA0315
      Hello! 
      I recently applied to Texas PA schools in June but I am looking for more ways to gain more shadowing hours for the next application cycle in case I don't get in! How have y'all approached shadowing during COVID? I'm just not sure that PAs would let me shadow them because the COVID risks and social distancing and everything. What experiences have you all had? I am from Texas by the way! COVID precautions are getting pretty relaxed here.
      I have an opportunity to shadow an orthopedic NP. Do you think that PA schools would see that as valuable? 
      Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! 🙂 
    • By jgoodman1617
      I am looking to set up a shadowing schedule with a PA in the Indianapolis area whether it be once a week, twice a week, or every other week. I am from Fishers, so if you are practicing there that is a plus!
    • By kdonlon12
      Hi - I am a new graduate who passed the PANCE June 5th. I am looking for jobs in the NY/NJ area and spend each day looking at the job boards. Are there any other suggestions for where to search out jobs? I am interested in many fields- excluding surgery. I just want to be able to get a job and get some experience so I can become more competitive. With COVID19 hitting this area so hard, I know why it is difficult at this time but would like any advice I can get (as well as any possible leads!).
      Thank you for your time.
    • By pastudent6262
      Hello,
      I'm having a little panic session right now. I submitted one application and realized I did not add the last name for a PA that I shadowed in my experience section. Is this gonna be a major issue for my application? I thought CASPA meant that I couldn't edit the submitted application but that I could still edit the ones I had not yet submitted and now I realize I can't. Are schools going to fault me for this? 
    • By gutsybook
      Is the Northeast Pre-PA Conference legitimate? If it is, could anyone verify if it's safe to pay through the following eventbrite link:
      https://www.eventbrite.com/e/second-annual-northeast-pre-physician-assistant-conference-tickets-66535863559?aff=erelexpmlt

I'm honestly just clueless about conferences in general. This would be my first Pre-PA conference and I want to make sure it's a reputable conference and that it is safe to purchase tickets through the above link. If there is an actual event elsewhere, please inform me!
      Thank you all in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More