Class of 2016 Info Request

So I am applying right now and certainly want to get my CASPA application in as soon as possible. Will getting it in by the end of June ensure that I have better chances? Just waiting on letters of recommendation to come in. Plus, this is the school I really want to get into. Did any of you guys report GRE scores for other schools and apply to schools that don't require them. I know Touro and LLU especially don't require it, but are they still going to look at the scores on the CASPA application you think? I am just worried because my scores aren't the best and am not sure how much emphasis schools like Duke, UF, USC, and Cornell put on them. Especially, when I have tons of shadowing experience, have worked for almost 2 years full time as an EMT and phlebotomist, have also taken a medical assistant class, lots of volunteer hours, and very good grades. I am just scared that I am not going to get in anywhere or am maybe wasting my time applying.

So I am applying right now and certainly want to get my CASPA application in as soon as possible. Will getting it in by the end of June ensure that I have better chances? Just waiting on letters of recommendation to come in. Plus, this is the school I really want to get into. Did any of you guys report GRE scores for other schools and apply to schools that don't require them. I know Touro and LLU especially don't require it, but are they still going to look at the scores on the CASPA application you think? I am just worried because my scores aren't the best and am not sure how much emphasis schools like Duke, UF, USC, and Cornell put on them. Especially, when I have tons of shadowing experience, have worked for almost 2 years full time as an EMT and phlebotomist, have also taken a medical assistant class, lots of volunteer hours, and very good grades. I am just scared that I am not going to get in anywhere or am maybe wasting my time applying.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt worry about your gre scores if your applying to a school that doesnt require them. a lot of schools use a scoring system to rate candidates and if they dont require the gre there wont be any points added or subtracted. its sounds like your an overall strong candidate even if your gre score is low. PA schools look at your entire package. good luck!

Do any of you know who I would have to contact to ask whether I am eligible for a supplemental? or did you just receive via e-mail? I heard that there is someone you can e-mail to ask but I can't find it on the site anywhere

You will receive an email inviting you to complete the supplemental then you'll get 30 days from the time you get the email to submit.

Another thing to note, I think that first week of August they sent out the supplemental invites was the first batch, because I received an email saying they had just fixed the payment system so that it's now working immediately before I received the supplemental invite. So while it took about 2-3 weeks for them to send me something after my CAPSA was verified, it might be a different time frame for you... I submitted my supplemental somewhere around August 15th and haven't heard anything since besides the confirmation that they've received my application.

Archived