Can I still apply to PA School?

Hi All,

I would like to apply to PA school. However, after reading some of the posts in the forum, I am a little hesitant regarding a few things on my application. I attended undergrad and had a GPA of 3.79, science GPA of 3.5. I then went on to a DPM program, however the same year, my sister passed away from cancer, I did not take exams for the last few classes of the program. Needless to say the school did not listen to my appeal as I was not the one diagnosed with a disease. Soon after I completed my MPH with a 4.0 and Masters in Biomedical Science with a GPA of 3.34 at an osteopathic medical school. I would like to apply to become a PA, I understand that my setback may prevent me from doing so. However, I also do not think that schools should become so insensitive to real events that can take a toll on one's health and allow for a second chance. 

Edited by Stressed
wanted to add tags

You can definitely do it! There are many other factors that go into an acceptance; don't give up! Continue getting patient care experience, rack up those hours, get positive LORs, volunteer.. don't let your grades limit you! Show them you are capable of being a fantastic, well-rounded PA. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I am applying this cycle and although I haven't gotten an acceptance yet, I have gotten a few interviews. My GPA is far from perfect. Best of luck!