2020-2021 Application cycle

1 minute ago, HAT1998 said:

Not sure how long to wait 😅 I don’t want to miss it but not sure if they’re supposed to be starting the meeting or if this is all the practice was, to make sure we can get to the meeting room? 

that’s exactly what i’m wondering too 😂 maybe they just wanted us to test the connectivity and have us test our audio and camera settings? 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, HAT1998 said:

I received a call from Dr. Childers on Oct. 22nd informing me of acceptance into the program!!! Wishing all of the best luck to those who are waiting to hear back for an acceptance or an interview spot - don’t give up hope!!! Can’t wait to meet some of you in July 🙂 

Hey congrats! are you a resident of WV? and has anyone else heard back?

13 minutes ago, Mason11 said:

For those who have interviewed is it a group interview where everyone is interviewed as one group? Or are you in a group and everyone rotates through members of the faculty? 

at least for the September interview day, we were put in groups of 3 that we stayed in the entire time. Then we rotated through three groups of 2 or so faculty members, each lasting about 20 minutes.  

21 minutes ago, allmcs said:

at least for the September interview day, we were put in groups of 3 that we stayed in the entire time. Then we rotated through three groups of 2 or so faculty members, each lasting about 20 minutes.  

Thank you for answering! So just to clarify were you answering all the same questions alongside one another or are you privately answering with the faculty? 

2 minutes ago, Mason11 said:

Thank you for answering! So just to clarify were you answering all the same questions alongside one another or are you privately answering with the faculty? 

All three of you answer the same question alongside each other! But you will take turns who answers first, second and last so don't worry! Plus, most of the questions are about your opinions and personal experiences so when its your turn to answer last you shouldn't have a problem getting stuck or someone stealing your answer. Faculty was super friendly so I'm sure your interview will flow well, definitely one of my favorite interview experiences! 

33 minutes ago, allmcs said:

All three of you answer the same question alongside each other! But you will take turns who answers first, second and last so don't worry! Plus, most of the questions are about your opinions and personal experiences so when its your turn to answer last you shouldn't have a problem getting stuck or someone stealing your answer. Faculty was super friendly so I'm sure your interview will flow well, definitely one of my favorite interview experiences! 

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of your help. This is my first interview that is this style, so I appreciate you clearing up the format. 

For those of you interviewing in the future, just wanted to put your mind at ease! I’ve been through a few interviews now and this was one of my favorites. The interviewers were so kind, personable, and chatting with them was a really a great experience. It wasn’t anxiety-provoking or rigid at all 😊

Good luck! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...