OHIO UNIVERSITY 2020-2021

• 3 weeks later...

I was so incredibly disappointed to learn that OU is taking much smaller cohort from this cycle :(. For those who aren't aware, they pushed their cohort that was supposed to start in May 2020 to January 2021 due to the pandemic and thus are taking a smaller a cohort from our cycle since they already have 32 students starting in January. I wish I had known this prior to applying. 

11 hours ago, cee2021 said:

I was so incredibly disappointed to learn that OU is taking much smaller cohort from this cycle :(. For those who aren't aware, they pushed their cohort that was supposed to start in May 2020 to January 2021 due to the pandemic and thus are taking a smaller a cohort from our cycle since they already have 32 students starting in January. I wish I had known this prior to applying. 

How many students are they taking from this cohort?

9 hours ago, nn1998 said:

How many students are they taking from this cohort?

This is what I was told over email: 

"Since we already have a cohort selected for our next start date, we will not be accepting a full cohort for this year’s CASPA application cycle.  Instead, we may add a 2-10 more seats to the cohort. The number of seats that we will add will ultimately be determined in the fall.

For next year’s CASPA application cycle (2021/2022), we will be accepting a full cohort."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 12:50 PM, cee2021 said:

Don’t their program normally begin in January?

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this email today. My stats were as follows:

GPA: 3.90

sGPA: 3.72

GRE: verbal - 153, quantitative - 155, writing - 4

shadowing hours: 40

Direct patient care: 1000+

volunteer hours: 250+

5 letters of recommendation

2 outstanding pre reqs (biochem and microbiology)

Good luck to everyone else who applied and gets interviews! 

51D14D84-715D-47A8-936C-2DD57194D9BE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Iceskate246 said:

Hi,

I received an interview invite for the 18th! they said there is an assessment during the interview. Does anyone know what the assessment entails or what kind of questions will be on it?

Hi there! I am a current student with the program, and while we are unable to disclose specific details about the assessment portion of the interview, I can say that it is just there so that faculty and staff can get to know you better and about your general thought process. My general advice, albeit generic interview advice, is to come to the interview with prepared questions that you'd like to ask, relax and be yourself. The interview process is very relaxed and low-pressure!

As a current student in the program, please feel free to reach out if you, or anyone else applying has questions regarding the program, PA school in general, or anything else. I am happy to help however I can!

Best of luck!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, k1226 said:

Hi there! I am a current student with the program, and while we are unable to disclose specific details about the assessment portion of the interview, I can say that it is just there so that faculty and staff can get to know you better and about your general thought process. My general advice, albeit generic interview advice, is to come to the interview with prepared questions that you'd like to ask, relax and be yourself. The interview process is very relaxed and low-pressure!

As a current student in the program, please feel free to reach out if you, or anyone else applying has questions regarding the program, PA school in general, or anything else. I am happy to help however I can!

Best of luck!

Hi! I got an interview for this cycle and was wondering if you could provide anymore advice on how to prepare or what I should anticipate seeing in the interview? I know you can't reveal specific details about it, but what types of things should I look out for? Thanks in advance.