• 2 weeks later...

I am filling out the secondary application and was wondering what this meant: If you are not submitting a resume, please outline your employment history. List most recent position first. Give name and address of employer, dates of employment, position, speciality, and if full time or part-time.

So if I am submitting my resume, must I put the address of my employer, and all of that other information? Not really sure how to format that into my resume

• Like 1

Just submitted my supplemental, 6/30. By far the most daunting secondary I had been putting off. So many questions that could be answered by simply reading my CASPA application, but felt obligated to give an original response to. Sucks knowing my application may never be read after constructing all these mini essays plus the Upstate specific personal statement. At least I'm putting my best foot forward, non-traditional applicant, weaker undergrad stats with a significant upward trend, 4.0 GPA last 62 credits, 4k PCE hours, 319 GRE. Hope to at least have my application read, have gotten 5 interviews thus far this cycle from schools that actually read my application. Rejections from schools that simply peer over the GPA and stats alone, lol. Tough process but will be well worth it. Best of luck to everyone!  

Edited by sc215266

14 hours ago, Aspiringnypa said:

Did they send you the supplemental yet?

Yes. I have completed everything. I got the supplemental on 5/26 and finished it 6/3 and got the app complete email on 6/5.

1 hour ago, sc215266 said:

Just submitted my supplemental, 6/30. By far the most daunting secondary I had been putting off. So many questions that could be answered by simply reading my CASPA application, but felt obligated to give an original response to. Sucks knowing my application may never be read after constructing all these mini essays plus the Upstate specific personal statement. At least I'm putting my best foot forward, non-traditional applicant, weaker undergrad stats with a significant upward trend, 4.0 GPA last 62 credits, 4k PCE hours, 319 GRE. Hope to at least have my application read, have gotten 5 interviews thus far this cycle from schools that actually read my application. Rejections from schools that simply peer over the GPA and stats alone, lol. Tough process but will be well worth it. Best of luck to everyone!  

The secondary was tough for sure. I agree with you completely. I have very similar stats to you but my GRE was 307.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, mvalland said:

I am filling out the secondary application and was wondering what this meant: If you are not submitting a resume, please outline your employment history. List most recent position first. Give name and address of employer, dates of employment, position, speciality, and if full time or part-time.

So if I am submitting my resume, must I put the address of my employer, and all of that other information? Not really sure how to format that into my resume

Yeah I am confused about this too. What did you end up doing?

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, PAWillNY said:

If you don’t mind sharing, what dates/month are they offering for the interviews? 

So they actually allow you to sign onto an account they make for you for Upstate and you are able to pick an interview date. I have already been accepted to my top program, so I will be declining the invitation and therefore won’t bother to create the account (otherwise I would give you more specific dates and times)! - but you do have a choice luckily enough for this program! 

Does anyone know if any clinical rotations can be completed in Syracuse itself? I am curious of the clinical strength of the program as it appears the second year is spent in smaller towns/cities across the state. I understand that coincides with the mission of course. However, I imagine some rotations at the busy Syracuse hospitals are desirable too.

• 2 weeks later...

@TeddyRucpin The clinical aspect of this program is very strong. Students are sent to underserved areas in Upstate NY for clinicals. On these rotations, PA students get the best experience because they do NOT have to compete with residents, interns nursing students, etc. as they would if they were at a large hospital.Usually, the PA student is the only student in the entire hospital.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2