Salary cuts due to COVID

I see these sick bastards sitting around saying "Hey this COVID thing is a great reason to really screw with these guys, let's take away their MICROWAVES!"
... Seriously. Likely the least fomiteish item out there, unless I'm using it wrong. Or you guys are.
Right? We're not using microwaves wrong. This is their reasoning: An updated SF Shelter in Place Order, Health Order No. C19-07e on 6/1/2020.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

In that 50 page document it states, 2.18. Suspend use of any microwaves, water coolers, drinking fountains, and other similar group
equipment for breaks until further notice. Microwaves may be used if disinfected between
each use and hand sanitizer is available nearby.

However, admin says disinfecting isn't safe with each use because of chemicals! Also someone snitched on me recently so admin found out I was using a mini food warmer that I plug in- I've been using for 4 years and now admin is telling me I may be causing a fire hazard so I have to stop. Really livid.

1 hour ago, pavlovacloud said:

However, admin says disinfecting isn't safe with each use because of chemicals! Also someone snitched on me recently so admin found out I was using a mini food warmer that I plug in- I've been using for 4 years and now admin is telling me I may be causing a fire hazard so I have to stop. Really livid.

Not safe?  I'll tell you what is not safe....being given one mask to wear all day long.  Our lives are expendable, their profits are not.

Edited by Cideous
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 6/14/2020 at 10:48 AM, Cideous said:

Not safe?  I'll tell you what is not safe....being given one mask to wear all day long.  Our lives are expendable, their profits are not.

I need to write that one down; it's good.  "Our lives are.....are not."  I'd love to hear someone tell their bosses that and see what kind of response they get (not looking for someone to get fired; I'd just like to see the response on their faces).  That pretty much sums it all up it seems present day.

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess

Just received an email stating that the salary reduction will drop from 10% to 5% starting June 28th.  Then salary will return to 100% on July 26.  While I'm still salty that this even occurred and that it was delayed past the promised May 30th with zero communication, at least there is an end date.  Our PTO accrual also will occur for our paycheck coming the end of this week, but no word on getting our missed PTO back for the last 6 paychecks (totaling over 1 week of PTO...😡), which I never really expected but was holding out hope.

I am back at 48% - "24 hours a week exempt salary" which translates to working 36 and getting paid for 24 due to being "exempt".   When they were paying me salary, they quickly figured out I was working too many hours for them.     We have had little communication regarding when hours return,  and our CME and productivity is gone.    So, I am playing passive aggressive and blocking my schedule every three patients so I am seeing less patients.  This gives me documentation time along with patient calls, etc.      Last week, I sent everything on my worklist to one of the docs for him to finish .   When he wanted to know why - I told him that the clinic does not feel like I should be here longer than 24 hours a week - so I am just abiding by their rules.   ( this doc is on the board)    I am not killing myself to see patients when I have no change at productivity to make it worth my while.    After taxes, paying for health insurance and other deductions - I took home a whopping $509 for the past two weeks.     At least I have health insurance........     I have gotten part time hours in the ER to make up for the loss in wages so I am thankful for that.     

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bobuddy said:

After taxes, paying for health insurance and other deductions - I took home a whopping $509 for the past two weeks.     At least I have health insurance........     I have gotten part time hours in the ER to make up for the loss in wages so I am thankful for that.     

Gawd.....just wow.  My kid working at Starbucks made more than that....