Has anyone who interviewed with this program had a very negative experience?

I interviewed today and honestly I'm unsure I could consider attending even if the opportunity presented itself (seems doubtful). My first individual interview was a great experience and I think it went well. The entire second interview was a disaster. During the whole interview, I was asked one question over halfway into it. Apart from this, the person interviewing me spent the rest of the time making rather derogatory, rude comments about where I am from, how long I have been out of school, how it is unlikely I will make it through PA school because of this, how at the very best I should expect a waitlist anywhere (which I not only find rude but unprofessional in an interview setting--like honestly save it for the email...it's just unnecessary during an interview). I'm very confused. I was excited about this opportunity and program, but if I'm such a hopeless cause I don't get why I was invited to interview in the first place. 

This seems like such a great program, faculty, facilities, etc. so I'm curious if my experience is out of the ordinary because I found it strange. I was really hoping to have a shot at joining the next class. Like I said, my first interview was incredible and a positive experience but the second individual interview has left me nothing short of discouraged about this entire process and the program.

Either way, I wish you all the best if you have accepted a seat and/or for good news if you interviewed today.

Edited by georgia20
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received a interview for 9/26 yesterday. This will be my first interview! I am super excited to hopefully chat with some of you!!

Received an interview this evening for August 1st! CASPA verified 06/07. Looking forward to meeting you all on Zoom! 

Just got an interview invite! 🙂 CASPA verified 05/29, Mary Baldwin "your application is under review" email 06/04

12 minutes ago, georgia20 said:

I interviewed today and honestly I'm unsure I could consider attending even if the opportunity presented itself (seems doubtful). My first individual interview was a great experience and I think it went well. The entire second interview was a disaster. During the whole interview, I was asked one question over halfway into it. Apart from this, the person interviewing me spent the rest of the time making rather derogatory, rude comments about where I am from, how long I have been out of school, how it is unlikely I will make it through PA school because of this, how at the very best I should expect a waitlist anywhere (which I not only find rude but unprofessional in an interview setting--like honestly save it for the email...it's just unnecessary during an interview). I'm very confused. I was excited about this opportunity and program, but if I'm such a hopeless cause I don't get why I was invited to interview in the first place. 

This seems like such a great program, faculty, facilities, etc. so I'm curious if my experience is out of the ordinary because I found it strange. I was really hoping to have a shot at joining the next class. Like I said, my first interview was incredible and a positive experience but the second individual interview has left me nothing short of discouraged about this entire process.

Either way, I wish you all the best if you have accepted a seat and/or for good news if you interviewed today.

I’m so sorry that you had this experience. I also interviewed today and had nothing but the best experience. I’m glad you had one positive experience and I hope it doesn’t discourage you!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Alexis02 said:

I’m so sorry that you had this experience. I also interviewed today and had nothing but the best experience. I’m glad you had one positive experience and I hope it doesn’t discourage you!

Thank you! That's very sweet! I definitely feel like a bit of an outlier from what I've found lol. I hope you get an acceptance soon!!!

On 9/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, georgia20 said:

This seems like such a great program, faculty, facilities, etc. so I'm curious if my experience is out of the ordinary because I found it strange. I was really hoping to have a shot at joining the next class. Like I said, my first interview was incredible and a positive experience but the second individual interview has left me nothing short of discouraged about this entire process and the program.

In all the interviews I've had so far, the faculty have been so nice and friendly but I did not get the same feel in this interview. One person started berating me about being an EMT, which I had thought was something that looked good on applications. I think I felt the same discouragement as you did 😞  

@georgia20 @MPAapplying wow, i'm so sorry to hear about the bad interview experiences. I really think you should report this to the admissions office because that is really unprofessional and discouraging. I wonder if it is the same faculty or person who did this to both of you. The school, faculty, and facilities seem good but in any case, I will keep that in mind when I make my decision to go to this school or not...

1 minute ago, schmi1mn said:

I got waitlisted this afternoon. Something is better than nothing! Email came in around 4:30 EST. Congrats to those who were accepted, and good luck to everyone during the rest of the cycle!

I was also waitlisted around the same time, fingers crossed for good news going forward for us both! Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! 

• Like 1

@MPAapplying I am so sorry you had a similar experience. I hope you find a program that values you and sees what you have to offer! I would personally love to have EMT experience and have never heard of this being a negative thing before.

@Annabunni I decided to send feedback at some point in the future! I want to remove myself from the experience a little longer so I can give more neutral feedback lol but I definitely plan on doing so.

Also received a waitlist spot this afternoon. I’m wondering if they waitlist everyone not accepted since it seems a lot of people received waitlist spots in the interviews this cycle. 

Congrats to those who received an acceptance!

Edited by georgia20
  • Like 1
On 9/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, georgia20 said:

I was in the interview on saturday as well. I had two good one on one interviews but i thought the student q&a was odd.. it seemed to me that the students didn't really like mary baldwin. I just got bad vibes. I actually was accepted but I am thinking of turning it down. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Interviews can be so hard 

• Like 1
On 9/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, gabbyfo1 said:

congrats to everyone accepted! I was a late applicant and had an interview this past Saturday. I was invited for the interview on Wednesday and was placed on the waitlist. For someone who had a few days to prepare I am pretty proud of myself but fingers crossed for good news soon, loved their program!

Can you clarify what you mean by "late applicant"? When did your CASPA get verified/when did you submit? (sorry for late night response--what's good night shift? 😉 )

13 hours ago, MPAhopeful said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "late applicant"? When did your CASPA get verified/when did you submit? (sorry for late night response--what's good night shift? 😉 )

I submitted my application to CASPA mid September (9/14) then verified the next day or two. I got my confirmation email from Mary Baldwin on the 21st of September and received the invite for the interview on 9/26 on 9/23. It was a very quick turn around and had 3 days to prepare so proud of myself for getting as far as I did! They gave me the option to interview on 9/26 or in October since it was so last minute for me. Consider myself a late applicant because it seemed like most people submitted super early!

On 10/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, gabbyfo1 said:

I submitted my application to CASPA mid September (9/14) then verified the next day or two. I got my confirmation email from Mary Baldwin on the 21st of September and received the invite for the interview on 9/26 on 9/23. It was a very quick turn around and had 3 days to prepare so proud of myself for getting as far as I did! They gave me the option to interview on 9/26 or in October since it was so last minute for me. Consider myself a late applicant because it seemed like most people submitted super early!

Thank you!

I submitted soon after you and definitely freaked for no reason--got the interview invite today. 🙂  Good luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...