2020-2021 Applicants

6 hours ago, emilysss said:

Hey everyone!

I received the “your application has been forwarded to our admissions committee” email on July 20th and haven’t heard anything since.. Submitted my application through CASPA on May 18th. 

Anyone else that hasn’t heard anything after the admissions committee email? Should I be concerned? 

My timeline is as follows: received completed application July 13th, forwarded application to admissions committee on July 20th, invited to interview on August 17th! 

Hey all! I was verified on July 15th and received a confirmation email on July 22nd from Mary Baldwin. Those have who received interviews did you receive an additional email stating it was forwarded to the committee? 

I have only gotten the confirmation stating it would be reviewed for completeness. Do you think I should continue to wait it out or would it be beneficial to email and “check in”? 

Thanks in advance! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ANEWU said:

Did they say what’s the next step if we are waitlisted? 

I don’t think there’s really any next steps on our part, we just wait and see if we’re taken off the waitlist at some point. I was looking at last years forum and people got accepted from the waitlist starting in september all the way through end of november! 

On 9/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, MPAapplying said:

I don’t think there’s really any next steps on our part, we just wait and see if we’re taken off the waitlist at some point. I was looking at last years forum and people got accepted from the waitlist starting in september all the way through end of november! 

Thank you! 😄

1 hour ago, tadius97 said:

Do you guys know if there's a dress code for this PA program? I also have been accepted here and will be attending in January so I would love to speak with others who have gotten acceptance!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's fairly casual based on photos & info session I attended. Regardless, I've been stocking up on new tops at LOFT (amazing sales!) since I've pretty much worn either my EMT uniform or sweats for the past 2 years.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deborahf said:

Does anyone know if there is an accepted student page on fb or something for our class? Would love to connect with you guys so we can answer each other’s questions! 

There will eventually be a FB group from what they said, but I haven't gotten any info about it yet. We could start a temporary group here until they do!

Edited by Hannah21

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who interviewed with this program had a very negative experience?

I interviewed today and honestly I'm unsure I could consider attending even if the opportunity presented itself (seems doubtful). My first individual interview was a great experience and I think it went well. The entire second interview was a disaster. During the whole interview, I was asked one question over halfway into it. Apart from this, the person interviewing me spent the rest of the time making rather derogatory, rude comments about where I am from, how long I have been out of school, how it is unlikely I will make it through PA school because of this, how at the very best I should expect a waitlist anywhere (which I not only find rude but unprofessional in an interview setting--like honestly save it for the email...it's just unnecessary during an interview). I'm very confused. I was excited about this opportunity and program, but if I'm such a hopeless cause I don't get why I was invited to interview in the first place. 

This seems like such a great program, faculty, facilities, etc. so I'm curious if my experience is out of the ordinary because I found it strange. I was really hoping to have a shot at joining the next class. Like I said, my first interview was incredible and a positive experience but the second individual interview has left me nothing short of discouraged about this entire process and the program.

Either way, I wish you all the best if you have accepted a seat and/or for good news if you interviewed today.

Edited by georgia20

12 minutes ago, georgia20 said:

I interviewed today and honestly I'm unsure I could consider attending even if the opportunity presented itself (seems doubtful). My first individual interview was a great experience and I think it went well. The entire second interview was a disaster. During the whole interview, I was asked one question over halfway into it. Apart from this, the person interviewing me spent the rest of the time making rather derogatory, rude comments about where I am from, how long I have been out of school, how it is unlikely I will make it through PA school because of this, how at the very best I should expect a waitlist anywhere (which I not only find rude but unprofessional in an interview setting--like honestly save it for the email...it's just unnecessary during an interview). I'm very confused. I was excited about this opportunity and program, but if I'm such a hopeless cause I don't get why I was invited to interview in the first place. 

This seems like such a great program, faculty, facilities, etc. so I'm curious if my experience is out of the ordinary because I found it strange. I was really hoping to have a shot at joining the next class. Like I said, my first interview was incredible and a positive experience but the second individual interview has left me nothing short of discouraged about this entire process.

Either way, I wish you all the best if you have accepted a seat and/or for good news if you interviewed today.

I’m so sorry that you had this experience. I also interviewed today and had nothing but the best experience. I’m glad you had one positive experience and I hope it doesn’t discourage you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alexis02 said:

I’m so sorry that you had this experience. I also interviewed today and had nothing but the best experience. I’m glad you had one positive experience and I hope it doesn’t discourage you!

Thank you! That's very sweet! I definitely feel like a bit of an outlier from what I've found lol. I hope you get an acceptance soon!!!

On 9/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, georgia20 said:

This seems like such a great program, faculty, facilities, etc. so I'm curious if my experience is out of the ordinary because I found it strange. I was really hoping to have a shot at joining the next class. Like I said, my first interview was incredible and a positive experience but the second individual interview has left me nothing short of discouraged about this entire process and the program.

In all the interviews I've had so far, the faculty have been so nice and friendly but I did not get the same feel in this interview. One person started berating me about being an EMT, which I had thought was something that looked good on applications. I think I felt the same discouragement as you did 😞  

@georgia20 @MPAapplying wow, i'm so sorry to hear about the bad interview experiences. I really think you should report this to the admissions office because that is really unprofessional and discouraging. I wonder if it is the same faculty or person who did this to both of you. The school, faculty, and facilities seem good but in any case, I will keep that in mind when I make my decision to go to this school or not...