2020-2021 Applicants

2 hours ago, kwelch16 said:

I thought it was super relaxed! Both of my interviewers seemed like they wanted to know me and my “why”, and did not want textbook answers. Definitely more laid back than other interviews I have had this cycle. 

Did they mention anything COVID related? I know they have a January start date typically and that was worrying me a little bit. 

5 hours ago, Whitecoat2 said:

How did the interviews go everyone?

I felt like the interviews were very chill! Both of my interviewers asked 3 required questions & we started a convo off of those. For those who interviewed-- when did Admissions say we would hear from them with decisions? I wrote a lot of things down, but not that. Oops!

1 hour ago, caltman said:

I felt like the interviews were very chill! Both of my interviewers asked 3 required questions & we started a convo off of those. For those who interviewed-- when did Admissions say we would hear from them with decisions? I wrote a lot of things down, but not that. Oops!

I don’t recall them saying a timeframe, but in previous years applicants heard a week or so later (according to previous forum years). Fingers crossed for both of us! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kwelch16 said:

I don’t recall them saying a timeframe, but in previous years applicants heard a week or so later (according to previous forum years). Fingers crossed for both of us! 

They said we would definitely hear within 2 weeks by email. But, in previous years it didn't take that long for decisions to go out.

20 hours ago, Whitecoat2 said:

Did they mention anything COVID related? I know they have a January start date typically and that was worrying me a little bit. 

I specifically asked about COVID and because cases aren't high in the Shenandoah Valley area they have been back in-person since the beginning of June and they are planning to start on time, in-person in January. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2020 at 3:10 PM, jwalk said:

Any updates for anyone who interviewed August 1st? If you get an acceptance call/email please post here! Also let us know what time (with time zone) and day you got the call/email. Thanks! 

I just got my acceptance! I'm so happy I could cry :') 

Via email and at 10:58 am EST

On 8/14/2020 at 9:35 AM, Dsw12 said:

Hi! This is a question for current students of the program. Is there a specific laptop requirement/recommendation for the courses here. Are IPads used often by students or discouraged. Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a second year student. There's no specific laptop requirement. They list the specs on what you'll need, and most computers easily meet those--essentially whatever is needed to download and run the lockdown browser for exams. 

There were a number of students in my class who used iPads for notes or certain assignments. Definitely not discouraged. 

Received an interview invite for August 29th! This is my first ever interview so I’m excited, but also nervous! Any advice from those that previously interviewed would be great! Congratulations to those that have already been accepted and to those that will get interviews as well! 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, klmPAS said:

Received an interview invite for August 29th! This is my first ever interview so I’m excited, but also nervous! Any advice from those that previously interviewed would be great! Congratulations to those that have already been accepted and to those that will get interviews as well! 🙂 

Congratulations! Practice traditional interview questions. Nothing they asked or that happened was surprising or caught me off guard. I did a mock interview prior to this interview and it really helped with my nerves. 

Hey everyone!

I received the “your application has been forwarded to our admissions committee” email on July 20th and haven’t heard anything since.. Submitted my application through CASPA on May 18th. 

Anyone else that hasn’t heard anything after the admissions committee email? Should I be concerned? 

1 hour ago, emilysss said:

Hey everyone!

I received the “your application has been forwarded to our admissions committee” email on July 20th and haven’t heard anything since.. Submitted my application through CASPA on May 18th. 

Anyone else that hasn’t heard anything after the admissions committee email? Should I be concerned? 

I got that email a bit later on 8/12, but also haven’t heard anything since.