Christian Brothers University

Hello! Congrats to everyone that got an interview invite! I am wondering... how did the September 4th interview go? Were there any virtual hiccups or did it go smoothly? Any insight is appreciated 🙂 Thanks! 

Also, those that emailed back for a future interview date, have you heard from CBU since the original email? 

Edited by Eleb8484

Hey guys! I had an interview September 4th and I just got an email that I am accepted! 

to answer the questions about virtual interviews, everything went really well. They use webex, and I had no problems with it. I met with one of the directors of the program, Dr. Tooley, and I met with two faculty. Then we had a student panel that was very helpful! 

Has anyone else heard back yet? I’m definitely going to be looking for roommates and a place to live soon, so if anyone else has heard back, let me know! 

2 minutes ago, eorman said:

Hey guys! I had an interview September 4th and I just got an email that I am accepted! 

to answer the questions about virtual interviews, everything went really well. They use webex, and I had no problems with it. I met with one of the directors of the program, Dr. Tooley, and I met with two faculty. Then we had a student panel that was very helpful! 

Has anyone else heard back yet? I’m definitely going to be looking for roommates and a place to live soon, so if anyone else has heard back, let me know! 

I just received the email of acceptance as well! Yes, the interview format was the same for me. I met with Mrs. Schriner as well as two faculty. The student panel was a great chance to talk about their experiences and was held at the end of the interviews toward the afternoon. 

Same! I am looking at a place to live soon, see what is out there! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, eorman said:

Congrats!! My interview is coming up on October 2nd. Was it a pretty relaxed/ get to know you type interview or more ethical/behavioral based questions? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Hi, everyone, I was accepted in early September from the first round of interviews. Webex does not require you to download a program, but it does work better if you do download it. You can download it by clicking on the link to one of the interview rooms sent by the school. You should enter the room early, the faculty will join the room when they are ready to talk to you. 

It seems that everyone interviews with different faculty and has slightly different questions. My best advice is to just be yourself, they obviously like you if you have received an invite. Wear appropriate attire. The student panel will have all of the applicants in the room at once, every guy was in a suit and the women were dressed formally. 

There are situational based questions in the interview. 

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Hey guys, I was thinking of making a FB page for those accepted so it's easier to get connected and make the process of acceptance a little more real! I'm going to make the name: CBU PA Class of 2023

I notice some people couldn't find it so here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/473766753581279 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Jcho338
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, Eleb8484 said:

Congrats!! My interview is coming up on October 2nd. Was it a pretty relaxed/ get to know you type interview or more ethical/behavioral based questions? Thanks!

It was pretty relaxed and definitely a get to know you type interview in the beginning. I think in the second half they definitely ask some ethical based questions, but no questions I think are a surprise. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...