Questions about being a Physician Assistant

I am particularly interested in community-based research, public health, and international health. My career goals are to perform community based-research and be a health care provider/clinician. Thus, I am very interested in going to graduate school to obtain the education to become a Physician Assistant and receive a Masters of Public Health. I seek to gain the knowledge and skills of a clinician so that I can perform research, patient care and interventions both individually and on a community level.

I would like to learn more about the role of Physician Assistants in research. What types of options are there for Physician Assistants who want to do research, especially community-based research? What options are there for PAs who want to do research and provide health care overseas/globally? (I am especially curious about medical missions, NGOs and organizations similar to Doctors without Borders.)

I am also interested in learning more about the relationship between the Physician Assistant and the Physician. How much dependence and independence does a PA really have? I have read about Physician Assistants obtaining their own clinics, especially in rural and underserved areas which lack Physicians. Are there special qualifications that PAs need in order to have his/her own clinic?

In addition, I am interested in learning more about alternative, complementary, manipulative and integrative medicine. Can PAs incorporate these types of medicines into their own practice?

Thank you for all your help!!!

Verónica

I am particularly interested in community-based research, public health, and international health. My career goals are to perform community based-research and be a health care provider/clinician. Thus, I am very interested in going to graduate school to obtain the education to become a Physician Assistant and receive a Masters of Public Health. I seek to gain the knowledge and skills of a clinician so that I can perform research, patient care and interventions both individually and on a community level.

I would like to learn more about the role of Physician Assistants in research. What types of options are there for Physician Assistants who want to do research, especially community-based research? What options are there for PAs who want to do research and provide health care overseas/globally? (I am especially curious about medical missions, NGOs and organizations similar to Doctors without Borders.)

I am also interested in learning more about the relationship between the Physician Assistant and the Physician. How much dependence and independence does a PA really have? I have read about Physician Assistants obtaining their own clinics, especially in rural and underserved areas which lack Physicians. Are there special qualifications that PAs need in order to have his/her own clinic?

In addition, I am interested in learning more about alternative, complementary, manipulative and integrative medicine. Can PAs incorporate these types of medicines into their own practice?

Thank you for all your help!!!

Verónica

Archived