Pre-reqs for 2012 application

Hello everyone. I will be applying the Riverside/Moreno Valley program this coming year but there is something about the application that worries me. I took physics 2A at UCR and got a C-. (Physics is not my strongest area :saddd:).

On the site it says the all pre-reqs must be completed with a "C or better" so I called the school and wondered if they would accept another physics class from the series because I have better grades in the other courses and they told me this...

"The way that they look at applications is the core sciences (Anatomy, Physio and Micro) must come to a 2.7 or better and the rest of the application must be a 2.5 or better. So even if I have a C- in one class, if I'm over the 2.5 I should be okay." However, the person I was talking to said she couldn't guarantee this information is correct.

I've tried calling the school 2 different times and this is the same response I've got both times. Does anyone know if I will be okay applying with a C- in physics or can I put my Physics 2B grade down on my application and be okay?

I'm worried about the application and I really want to be an applicant. Due to the new California rules on re-take too I can't retake the class because I've passed it.

If anyone knows more about this or who to contact I would truly appreciate a clarification on the matter.

Thank you,

Student_559

Hello everyone. I will be applying the Riverside/Moreno Valley program this coming year but there is something about the application that worries me. I took physics 2A at UCR and got a C-. (Physics is not my strongest area :saddd:).

On the site it says the all pre-reqs must be completed with a "C or better" so I called the school and wondered if they would accept another physics class from the series because I have better grades in the other courses and they told me this...

"The way that they look at applications is the core sciences (Anatomy, Physio and Micro) must come to a 2.7 or better and the rest of the application must be a 2.5 or better. So even if I have a C- in one class, if I'm over the 2.5 I should be okay." However, the person I was talking to said she couldn't guarantee this information is correct.

I've tried calling the school 2 different times and this is the same response I've got both times. Does anyone know if I will be okay applying with a C- in physics or can I put my Physics 2B grade down on my application and be okay?

I'm worried about the application and I really want to be an applicant. Due to the new California rules on re-take too I can't retake the class because I've passed it.

If anyone knows more about this or who to contact I would truly appreciate a clarification on the matter.

Thank you,

Student_559

Student_559,

I am also a UCR alumni and took the Physics series here as well. I used my 2A grade b/c it was sufficient for the program however, I believe you can use any of your physics classes (2A, 2B, or 2C). I am not 100% sure on this but I believe it would not be a problem. When I applied for Western, they told me I could use any math or physics class that I wanted and encouraged that I use the classes with the highest grades. Again, I am not positive on RCC's application but I can tell you that with a C-, they will probably NOT accept the grade. I would call and speak with someone else and if you do not get a clear answer then use your highest grade b/c a C- is specifically stated as a non-acceptable grade.

Student_559,

I am also a UCR alumni and took the Physics series here as well. I used my 2A grade b/c it was sufficient for the program however, I believe you can use any of your physics classes (2A, 2B, or 2C). I am not 100% sure on this but I believe it would not be a problem. When I applied for Western, they told me I could use any math or physics class that I wanted and encouraged that I use the classes with the highest grades. Again, I am not positive on RCC's application but I can tell you that with a C-, they will probably NOT accept the grade. I would call and speak with someone else and if you do not get a clear answer then use your highest grade b/c a C- is specifically stated as a non-acceptable grade.

• 1 year later...

Archived