Eastern Michigan 2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ryry310 said:

Does anyone know if EMU has started interviewing? Based on previous years posts the process should have already started? 

I noticed that too. I am guessing they are behind this year, their deadlines for applications are also later. In an email they sent in November they stated they will be contacting us no later than March 1st so hopefully soon we will hear back. 

2 hours ago, BAMBAM97 said:

I noticed that too. I am guessing they are behind this year, their deadlines for applications are also later. In an email they sent in November they stated they will be contacting us no later than March 1st so hopefully soon we will hear back. 

They also pushed back their start day. In previous years that started in May rather than September I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I got an email today saying that I do NOT meet basic requirements because my GPA is too low. However, if they use my 60 most recent credit hours, my GPA is a 4.0 and I thought this was supposed to be done automatically by CASPA (per the EMU website). I have reached out to EMU for explanation, but does anyone have any insight while I wait to hear?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, AliDH said:

Hey all,

I got an email today saying that I do NOT meet basic requirements because my GPA is too low. However, if they use my 60 most recent credit hours, my GPA is a 4.0 and I thought this was supposed to be done automatically by CASPA (per the EMU website). I have reached out to EMU for explanation, but does anyone have any insight while I wait to hear?

Thanks!

I should add that CASPA shows my science-only GPA as 4.0 as well

1 hour ago, EMU2021 said:

The deadline for this program is fairly late in the CASPA cycle. How does this affect admission? Have a lot of applicants already interviewed/been accepted elsewhere? Is this a positive thing for those hoping to get in here? 

It could possibly as I know quite a few people who have already accepted seats elsewhere. However, that being said, if this is an applicants first choice, they may try for this program over another.

• 2 weeks later...