Eastern Michigan 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Even though we cannot apply until 9/1, figured I'd get this thread started for those planning on applying. Good luck to all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi! Did anyone get an “under review email” I applied the 2nd and the last email I got was instructions about what to send them to complete my application, so I just want to be sure I’m not missing anything ! 

6 hours ago, KennedyUmich2019 said:

Hi! Did anyone get an “under review email” I applied the 2nd and the last email I got was instructions about what to send them to complete my application, so I just want to be sure I’m not missing anything ! 

I submitted september 1st and have not received anything from them yet.

23 hours ago, KennedyUmich2019 said:

I was confused! I got two emails regarding my supplemental application with conflicting info.  Did that happen to you too?

3 hours ago, Anna123 said:

I was confused! I got two emails regarding my supplemental application with conflicting info.  Did that happen to you too?

I got these two back to back right after submitting! Same for you? 

98A55471-EA54-4E4A-83EC-9FA8F1555863.jpeg

F81CDC74-06E8-49DC-985E-97C58795393C.jpeg

@KennedyUmich2019 I received the same emails so I reached out to EMU and they said that you only have to submit your official transcripts if you are invited for an interview. Those 2 conflicting emails made it confusing haha hope this helps! 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, megk505 said:

@KennedyUmich2019 I received the same emails so I reached out to EMU and they said that you only have to submit your official transcripts if you are invited for an interview. Those 2 conflicting emails made it confusing haha hope this helps! 🙂

Thank you, it does! Hopefully we get that interview email in the near future 🤞🏼

Hey guys. I also received the emails above. When I go to check my applicant portal and click the "Graduate Application" link shown in the photo, my application says that it is incomplete despite submitting the supplemental application and the fee. It also says, "Please log in to the Application System to learn what materials are necessary to complete your application." But...I am already on the application system and there is nothing else for me to click so I am confused. Is anyone else having this issue or can anyone shed light as to what I might be missing? I submitted everything on 9/2.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 4.30.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 4.30.35 PM.png

Mine is the same!  But, I'm pretty sure that it's not complete because it is missing an official transcript.  Since they already said that we don't need to send one unless we get an interview, then I think we are okay!  

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:56 PM, Anna123 said:

Mine is the same!  But, I'm pretty sure that it's not complete because it is missing an official transcript.  Since they already said that we don't need to send one unless we get an interview, then I think we are okay!  

I confirmed with an administration associate at EMU's PA program that our applications are marked incomplete until/unless invited to interview. Feeling like a big giant dumb-dumb for somehow managing to overlook this on EMU's FAQ page and for bothering the admissions committee with this (she said she gets emailed about this 5 times a day), but hopefully this information helps other people out! 

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.31.55 PM.png

15 hours ago, CAPPAC said:

Just making sure I'm not over looking something, but does Eastern use rolling admissions? 

I was wondering the same thing, but in their FAQs they said anyone who meets the minimum requirements is considered. So I guess they don't start interviews until January?

16 hours ago, CAPPAC said:

Just making sure I'm not over looking something, but does Eastern use rolling admissions? 

image.thumb.png.9ed19ddc1b4dbdddc83067fc04c724c7.pngThis is on their FAQ page! Hope it helps!

• Like 1

I got both emails too, I tried to be proactive and already sent my transcripts to them, hopefully they don't see that as not following direction as I did not know until checking this forum that I didn't need to send them😬

Hello, I have 2 questions. First does Eastern allow in progress courses? Second, I had completed organic chem class 1 at U of M however It did not have a lab. I can take orgo chem 2 with lab however eastern website says orgo 1 and 2 need to be with labs. Has this been an issue for anyone? 

Did anyone else get an email after submitting saying their graduate application and GRE scores need to be sent as well? I have already done both and now I'm worried they didn't get them for some reason?!?

is this for starting fall 2021? If so the application does not close until January 15th, since its not rolling admission they don't invite for interviews until after that date. 

• Upvote 2