2020-2021 Gannon University: Ruskin, FL

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, cp514 said:

Can someone who was invited to interview share your stats? Thanks! 🙂

I'm not going to lie, I am embarrassed by my "lack of" stats, but I am a senior in undergrad and only applied to see if any sort of learning experience could come out of this. Nonetheless, here they are...

non-Florida resident (california)

cGPA: 3.77

sGPA: 3.48

PCE: 0 (certified medical assistant, just don't have any working hours yet)

HCE: 125 hours

GRE: 303 + 3.0

volunteer hours: 30 hours

leadership hours: 1300 (multiple club leadership positions and captain of universities volleyball team for 3 years)

shadow hours: 20

LOR: Coach, PA, 2 Department Chairs of my 2 degree majors

Side note: I am a D3 student athlete, involved in 6 different clubs/orgs/honors societies on campus, pursuing 2 degrees (BA Health, Medicine & Society and BS Biology and chem minor), and been chosen to represent the university in multiple regional and national conferences for student-athletes. After my interview, it seems like they are really only looking for people who are passionate about going into this profession, which is why I think I was even given a chance for an interview.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:37 PM, CMF81 said:

They told me they are "non rolling admissions"...  I believe they have only had the first round of interviews (mid to end of September) and have more, I was offered a seat and accepted (top choice), but I have no idea how many are accepted as of now.  Best of luck!  

P.S. to those who have been accepted, do you know of a FB group or anything for us to connect prior to starting the program? 😉

I was wondering the same thing. I haven’t seen a Facebook, but I suppose there is no reason we can’t PM here and exchange info.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, CaitMedic said:

I was wondering the same thing. I haven’t seen a Facebook, but I suppose there is no reason we can’t PM here and exchange info.

I was also looking for something as well! I found the Instagram, but it would be nice to all connect via FB or something else. If you create something, please let me know! I accepted my offer.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:26 PM, cblacha said:

I was also looking for something as well! I found the Instagram, but it would be nice to all connect via FB or something else. If you create something, please let me know! I accepted my offer.

Hey! I accepted my offer as well, maybe we can create a fb group sometime soon 🙂

On 10/24/2020 at 10:59 PM, CaitMedic said:

Sure, great idea.  I was thinking of starting one on FB but haven't found the time. PM me, Cailin Chapman, we can connect and go from there!  Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, CaitMedic said:

Hi guys, current Gannon PA student here. Haven’t been to the forum in a year so I decided to drop by and see what the next round of applicants are talking about and see if I can help. 🙂 
I also might be procrastinating on studying for my finals. 

Anyways, the school created a Facebook page for us all to connect in January of this year. They will send you an email with the link to it when they get it set up. I think most of the acceptances are sent out by then. 

Good luck to you all! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1