On 11/5/2020 at 9:23 PM, jorgjinikopulli said:

they didnt give me any feedback and basically said we got too many apps. I have a 3.6 GPA and 3 years of PCE along with lots of shadowing and teaching hours. interviewed last year and got waitlisted and this year I had a reference from a pharmacist that taught there. Denied. 

Ok that’s strange. I’m sorry to hear that. I can’t wrap my head around it other than maybe they just looked at your application late. I’m assuming the 3 years totaled at least over 1000 hours. 

i would apply again. maybe take a $200 science-related class just for thay extra A and that you’re keeping busy. and although I’m sure you will get in else where so if that fits do it, but this program is honestly so great. Their application cycle needs work. But, again,  the program is absolutely incredible. 

On 11/10/2020 at 1:48 PM, aPpA5 said:

Hey guys! I’m a current first year at MCPHS and I wanted to offer some info to you guys to help you through this process! Although MCPHS says you need xyz or didn’t have enough abc, not every single student who gets in has a 3.6 or 5,000 pce. It really is not so solid. I’ve seen applicants with a 3.9 volunteer work speak multiple languages etc not get accepted or even an interview  invite. It really is up to the PAs and staff and students looking at your apps and what they like about you and what they don’t! so if MCPHS doesn’t see something in you, another school will!

For example, i got waitlisted for an interview in November 2019. After keeping in contact with Christine and JoAnna, and updating my app with them (got in A in a retake class, more PCE, another letter of recommendation) I got an interview offer 3 DAYS before the LAST interview in feb 2020. 3 days. I got waitlisted after the interview and thought it was over. Reapplied this cycle and then TWO WEEKS before the start of MCPHS, I got pulled off the waitlist. I had reapplied here again with a few more hours and one new letter of recc. 

Please don’t be discouraged by this process! Anything can happen at any time! My biggest piece of advice is keep expressing interest in MCPHS. Show them why they are the perfect school for you!

also they do keep reviewing apps until after the last interview! Last cycle there were 5 interview sessions! Keep holding on!!! You guys got this! ❤️

I love this! And I whole-heartedly agree with you on the continuous expression of interest with this school. enduring online school for your first year is anything but sweet, but I’m sure you’ve still gotten a taste of how efficacious the program is. The pance rates don’t lie! I’m so glad you’re sharing this with them because I have been trying to help people not feel discouraged since my 3rd time applying!!!!! 

my story:

I knew I always wanted to go here after learning about the program and also 2 of my good friends were already 2nd and 3rd years telling me how they loved it (And im from Boston and living for free was prioritized)

during my senior year undergrad app cycle:  I applied with a cGPA 3.41 with 300 volunteer hours and 500 PCE hours during my first cycle. Got waitlisted. 

Following cycle: had gained more PCE hours and took sociology for an easy A. WAITLISTED.

2018 cycle : retook A+P 1 and 2 got two A’s. Had over 1900 PCE by this time.                 New cGPA 3.55. WAITLISTED in october> accepted in March.

i reached out to them for the entire duration of my app cycle for the last year. Calling joAnna for every email she sent me just to touch base. Told her my interest, had a Professor email the school advocating for me on why I would be a good candidate Witj emphasis on my passion for their specific program. 

basically if you want to go here this place isn’t one to shun you if you’re putting in the work. Keep up with your interest (like stated above) and they will accept you. 

best of luck everyone! Remember I got waitlisted in October and got in in March.... so don’t think it’s over if you’re waitlisted for 5 months. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, haleyd0322 said:

Does anyone think that they are going to wait to tell those who interviewed in Sept/November whether they got in/waitlisted/rejected after they interview the group on Dec 15th? 

I feel like we should hear before because they have to review everyone from 12/15 and then it would be pushing really close to the holidays! Just a thought! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leg15103 said:

I called admissions today just to see if they could give me a more exact date we would hear and she said that all she knows is that we would hear in the next few weeks/sometime this month 😩

I've been checking my email and phone religiously/anxiously for the past few days expecting some form of notification. Thanks for calling and keeping us updated. Nothing we can do now but enjoy the holidays! 

• Like 2