Guest dean227
6 minutes ago, lamygoldman said:

I received a rejection yesterday and I emailed them asking how to improve and they basically said I needed to have at least a 3.6 gpa or very close to it. 

Was this science GPA or just overall in general? 

Guest dean227
10 minutes ago, jorgjinikopulli said:

they didnt give me any feedback and basically said we got too many apps. I have a 3.6 GPA and 3 years of PCE along with lots of shadowing and teaching hours. interviewed last year and got waitlisted and this year I had a reference from a pharmacist that taught there. Denied. 

That’s a shame! I emailed them for feedback and they told me my patient care was not one they accepted which I didn’t know when applying. 🙃

Hey guys! I’m a current first year at MCPHS and I wanted to offer some info to you guys to help you through this process! Although MCPHS says you need xyz or didn’t have enough abc, not every single student who gets in has a 3.6 or 5,000 pce. It really is not so solid. I’ve seen applicants with a 3.9 volunteer work speak multiple languages etc not get accepted or even an interview  invite. It really is up to the PAs and staff and students looking at your apps and what they like about you and what they don’t! so if MCPHS doesn’t see something in you, another school will!

For example, i got waitlisted for an interview in November 2019. After keeping in contact with Christine and JoAnna, and updating my app with them (got in A in a retake class, more PCE, another letter of recommendation) I got an interview offer 3 DAYS before the LAST interview in feb 2020. 3 days. I got waitlisted after the interview and thought it was over. Reapplied this cycle and then TWO WEEKS before the start of MCPHS, I got pulled off the waitlist. I had reapplied here again with a few more hours and one new letter of recc. 

Please don’t be discouraged by this process! Anything can happen at any time! My biggest piece of advice is keep expressing interest in MCPHS. Show them why they are the perfect school for you!

also they do keep reviewing apps until after the last interview! Last cycle there were 5 interview sessions! Keep holding on!!! You guys got this! ❤️

Hello All! If anybody would be super kind to shed some light on the interview process/style that would be super appreciated.

Did they simply ask questions personal to your application or "if you were a superhero who would you be" opaque questions? Did you rotate with different faculty? 

Thanks!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KVB0821 said:

Has anyone reached out to find out when we will hear back after the interview? I know that they said decisions will be released in December, but does anyone know if it's going to be on the earlier or later side of the month?

But they also didn't have a December interview date last year so I'm actually not sure when we will hear back 

3 hours ago, papapapa18 said:

I interviewed today - interviews are an hour long, consisting of two 30 min interviews. One with an alumni and one with faculty. Super laidback! Nothing too stressful and basically typical interview questions were asked. Good luck everyone!!

Had my interview today also and second this! They really want to get to know you and how ready you are for PA school/ how you handle certain situations. I felt very comfortable 

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, Hillaryjl44 said:

I got the rejection email too and then the disregard email shortly after... I called the school to clarify and I asked what this means and she basically told me that it was a system error, but people who are typically invited to interviews typically have higher GPA’s than mine ... 😕

Don’t worry I applied I didn’t get in and then I took anatomy and physiology on my off year and got As and they accepted me ! They love progresss and persistence- a few others in my class didn’t get in and then we’re accepted. They like that, don’t feel discouraged honestly it’s just more time to mentally prepare for PA school (WhIrLwInD). You got this !!!