On 11/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, Lnm1296 said:

Had my interview today also and second this! They really want to get to know you and how ready you are for PA school/ how you handle certain situations. I felt very comfortable 

I agree! It was overall a great experience and they made it very comfortable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashleym1995 said:

Hey everyone! I was wondering if people think they are going to offer more acceptances? I was waitlisted from 12/15.  But the Facebook page for the PA class of 2024 only has 24 students. Don't they accept 100? Trying to remain hopeful 

I also got waitlisted. I’m hopeful for us that we will get off! Do they have more interview sessions? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone - sorry for the spam! I'm currently in the Boston area but will be moving out of state to attend a different PA school and am looking to sublet my room beginning ~5/1. I figured it was worth posting here for anybody who will be relocating to Boston to attend MCPHS. Rent is $1400/month and I have one roommate. It's on the 47 bus route, which goes to the Longwood Medical Area. PM me if you're interested! 

On 1/25/2021 at 11:24 AM, Ashleym1995 said:

Has any one checked their portal? Since the  deposit was due on 1/22, I'm hoping they take people off the waitlist within  the next few days.

I checked I am still on the waitlist.. I emailed them asking a few questions about the waitlist but they said they can’t give out any info on it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:18 PM, Ashleym1995 said:

Hey everyone! I was wondering if people think they are going to offer more acceptances? I was waitlisted from 12/15.  But the Facebook page for the PA class of 2024 only has 24 students. Don't they accept 100? Trying to remain hopeful 

The cohort size is 100. I would think they would be offering more acceptances overtime. I got accepted from my interview on 1/5 about two weeks after it. So they might be like trying to leave a few spots open per interview days for people and then accepting people from the waitlist too. I am not really sure. Good luck though!

Hey everyone, just joined the group but wanted to update everyone on when to expect an email or decision. I interviewed in late December and got a decision mid January. It takes a couple of weeks. 

On a another note, for admitted students: they are a bit slow with getting their financial aid packages or info out so be a bit patient. This is the info I got from speaking with a financial aid counselor: 

" I apologize for the confusion! For 2020-2021, the Boston Master of Physician Assistant Studies program has an annual tuition of $39,500 (Fall/Spring Combined). Therefore, it costs $19,750 per semester for a full-time student in the program. Please view our website for further information: https://www.mcphs.edu/academics/school-of-physician-assistant-studies/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-studies-mpas.  

We also spoke about the $66,001 average annual cost-of-attendance assigned to your program for 2021-2022 which will then be reduced by your annual 2021-2022 financial aid total to generate your ucost. Your ucost is the total amount you can borrow in loans for the 2021-2022 academic year. As we discussed, the ucost exceeds the annual tuition for your program because it includes estimated living, transportation, books, and supplies expenses.

The attendance pattern for your program is Fall 2021/Spring 2022, Fall 2022/Spring 2023, and Summer 2023/Fall 2023/Spring 2024. If the average annual cost-of-attendance assigned to your program for 2022-2023 is similar to 2021-2022 then $66,001 x 2 = $132,002. Your average annual cost-of-attendance assigned to your program for 2023-2024 should be greater since you are attending three semesters that academic year. "

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and best of luck to those who are still in the running. 

On 2/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, Pats9421 said:

Hey everyone, just joined the group but wanted to update everyone on when to expect an email or decision. I interviewed in late December and got a decision mid January. It takes a couple of weeks. 

On a another note, for admitted students: they are a bit slow with getting their financial aid packages or info out so be a bit patient. This is the info I got from speaking with a financial aid counselor: 

" I apologize for the confusion! For 2020-2021, the Boston Master of Physician Assistant Studies program has an annual tuition of $39,500 (Fall/Spring Combined). Therefore, it costs $19,750 per semester for a full-time student in the program. Please view our website for further information: https://www.mcphs.edu/academics/school-of-physician-assistant-studies/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-studies-mpas.  

We also spoke about the $66,001 average annual cost-of-attendance assigned to your program for 2021-2022 which will then be reduced by your annual 2021-2022 financial aid total to generate your ucost. Your ucost is the total amount you can borrow in loans for the 2021-2022 academic year. As we discussed, the ucost exceeds the annual tuition for your program because it includes estimated living, transportation, books, and supplies expenses.

The attendance pattern for your program is Fall 2021/Spring 2022, Fall 2022/Spring 2023, and Summer 2023/Fall 2023/Spring 2024. If the average annual cost-of-attendance assigned to your program for 2022-2023 is similar to 2021-2022 then $66,001 x 2 = $132,002. Your average annual cost-of-attendance assigned to your program for 2023-2024 should be greater since you are attending three semesters that academic year. "

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and best of luck to those who are still in the running. 

I’m not going to lie, this was a little sad to read 😭 It was very helpful though haha. Thank you!!