21 hours ago, SaschaRochelle said:

Okay I'm beyond excited and want to talk with my fellow future classmates! Any ideas how to make a group message of some type somewhere! lol

I am beyond excited as well, it kind of took me whole 24 hours to realize that I have actually been accepted but I am ready for the group chat and preparation 

I am very excited to be accepted to this program! but has anyone else been accepted to CBU program as well? And if so how will you make your decision? Dose anyone know what is the total cost for this program? UT is my top choice but I am trying to make educated decision 

There information is on there webpage for the PA program under cost of attendance estimate. https://www.uthsc.edu/physician-assistant/cost-of-attendance.php

Look at the row with MMSPA 1-2 and that’s it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Zubaidah said:

I am very excited to be accepted to this program! but has anyone else been accepted to CBU program as well? And if so how will you make your decision? Dose anyone know what is the total cost for this program? UT is my top choice but I am trying to make educated decision 

Hey Zubaidah, I think we interviewed together at UT! Congrats!(: 

I was accepted into UT and CBU as well! I understand what you’re saying, and I loved the faculty at both so I’m struggling a bit with making a decision. If it helps, I’ve been considering what each program has to offer, the cost of attendance, and the length of the program. 
CBU’s program is 29 months split into 8 semesters (not sure how it’s split exactly but that’s what the website said) at around 13-15K per semester. UT’s program is 24 months split into 4 semesters and depending on whether you’re in state or out of state and whether you’re staying at home or renting the cost varies. I can say that as an out of state applicant planning to live with family, the cost between UT and CBU that I calculated was not significantly different for me. So, if you’re in state and cost is an important factor for you, then it might be worth calculating to see if UT would be less expensive to attend! 
In terms of what each program has to offer, I loved how tech oriented UT is in terms of what I’ve seen with the anatomy tables and the CHIPS center. I know one thing CBU mentioned was different about its program was that it was one of the few with an Orthopedics practicum, I’m not sure if UT mentioned that or if they have that? Maybe someone on the forum knows? 

1 hour ago, SaschaRochelle said:

Those accepted not from TN, is anyone planning to visit Memphis prior? Thinking of trying to go the end of the month to see the city and get an idea of where to live! Would love to go see the school, but not sure if that will be possible with COVID restrictions!

I'm coming from Atlanta! I'm planning to visit within the next few weeks to secure housing. Does anyone have suggestions? I was looking at South Main District, but I heard a lot of students live on Mud Island. 

20 hours ago, Krishnap said:

Hey Zubaidah, I think we interviewed together at UT! Congrats!(: 

I was accepted into UT and CBU as well! I understand what you’re saying, and I loved the faculty at both so I’m struggling a bit with making a decision. If it helps, I’ve been considering what each program has to offer, the cost of attendance, and the length of the program. 
CBU’s program is 29 months split into 8 semesters (not sure how it’s split exactly but that’s what the website said) at around 13-15K per semester. UT’s program is 24 months split into 4 semesters and depending on whether you’re in state or out of state and whether you’re staying at home or renting the cost varies. I can say that as an out of state applicant planning to live with family, the cost between UT and CBU that I calculated was not significantly different for me. So, if you’re in state and cost is an important factor for you, then it might be worth calculating to see if UT would be less expensive to attend! 
In terms of what each program has to offer, I loved how tech oriented UT is in terms of what I’ve seen with the anatomy tables and the CHIPS center. I know one thing CBU mentioned was different about its program was that it was one of the few with an Orthopedics practicum, I’m not sure if UT mentioned that or if they have that? Maybe someone on the forum knows? 

Hello, I am so happy to hear that you got in both programs. I truly loved both faculty and each program is unique in it own way. Financially I think UT would make more sense to me since I'm in state. In terms of the orthopaedics practicum as far as I know UT does not have that but I could be wrong. Good luck on whichever program you choose, keep me updated I hope we become classmates! 

1 hour ago, Raghukul said:

Mrs Jarden copied PJ as the receiver in my email to her and told me I'm in the 4th group out of 6 groups.

Can someone explain what the groups mean? Like does group 1 get offers first, then once they have no more people in the group, group 2 would get offers? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SaschaRochelle said:

Those accepted not from TN, is anyone planning to visit Memphis prior? Thinking of trying to go the end of the month to see the city and get an idea of where to live! Would love to go see the school, but not sure if that will be possible with COVID restrictions!

I'm planning on trying to visit in the next few weeks to check out Memphis and find a place to live!