Tips From Current/Former AACC Students

For past students of this program: can you offer any idea of total cost of attending this program (including all fees)? Also, if anyone can give input on the cost of living in the area per year that would also be helpful as I'm trying to create a budget. Thank you!

Here is a link for the program costs currently https://www.aacc.edu/physassist/file/CollaborationCosts_2015.pdf

I live in state so my costs this year for the program were around $13,500. If you live in state you will get the in county tuition for AACC. There is a man power shortage waiver that the program will put through to get the cost down to in county. 

For the cost of living it really depends on the place you get. I live in Columbia and have a 2 bedroom apartment for about $1550 a month. Then you have to add water, electric, internet/TV costs. So for my place with all of that I probably pay around $1850/month.

Are you moving from out of state?

• 10 months later...
For our cadaver lab we go to the Anatomy Gifts Registry in Hanover a few times the first semester and then again in the spring semester. We do have a sim man that we use during lab sometimes at the Arnold campus. Most of our lectures are at the Arundel Mills campus and labs at the Arnold campus. We do go to Baltimore for standardized patient experiences, but not in the first semester. The first semester you learn how to do a physical exam and you practice on other students. As far as the rotations, there are 9: 1 Family Practice1 Internal Medicine1 Psych1 OB/GYN1 Peds1 Surgery1 Emergency Medicine2 Electives
Sadly, I did not get accepted into this program and I consider myself a competitive candidate. Looking over the above rotations, I'm wondering if part of the reason is because I mentioned I already had a job offer in UMMC's cardiac unit.. Is cardiology something that is covered in the program? I was so sadden to let the cardiologist wanting to hire me, post graduation, know that I did not get accepted. I'm hoping to reapply in 2016. I was informed the panel felt I was anxious and seemed slightly rehearsed. Any idea or advice on how these would be considered faults? I admit I over prepared, but this is the only program I can apply to and I'm holding off on starting a family (I'm 35) until I become a PA.

Perfect thank you SO much for this info!
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived