California Baptist University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 10/6/2020 at 9:53 PM, Pa98173jd said:

I didn't even know there was a september 11th interview date lol. I guess I should expect a incoming rejection since they had 2-3 interview days now

Don't feel disheartened. I am sure they will have more interview dates; I hope you get a chance at an interview! I know rolling admissions is tricky. Worst case, know that you WILL be a PA one day, and if not accepted this cycle, apply early next cycle 🙂 Best of luck, friend!

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, Natalie1616 said:

Hey! To apply, are they talking about having a 3.2 science GPA per CASPA? Or do they look at replacement courses/ credits from last 90 credits?

Thanks!

Caspa asks you if you have repeated courses in order to calculate your gpa, But some schools have their own way of calculating gpa. I think Western takes the average, not sure if Cbu replaces or averages the grade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 1:48 PM, faaithbeee said:

Just got the call that I’m accepted! 

Hi all,

Congratulations on those who got in this cycle! I actually have a fully-furnished rental that's super-close to CBU, 3 miles. For anyone interested please DM me 🙂 

I usually rent to UCR or LLU med/dental students, but I'd rather support my own kind! (I'm an 12-yr PA-C)

If you know anyone that got accepted, please let them know and I'll reward you with a finder's fee 🙂

Cheers,
Sonny

Hi you guys! Congratulation to those who have interviewed so far and those who have been invited to interviews! I applied August and just received an invite to interview for 1/8/21. 

I just wanted to ask those who have interviewed about any tips for interview day. What type of interview? Should we focus on traditional interview questions? Any other advice going in to the interview? 

I also want to ask any current or past students how they like the program and how has the program contributed to their success as a student or practicing PA? 

Thank you guys and best of luck to all!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ajbracken said:

Hi you guys! Congratulation to those who have interviewed so far and those who have been invited to interviews! I applied August and just received an invite to interview for 1/8/21. 

I just wanted to ask those who have interviewed about any tips for interview day. What type of interview? Should we focus on traditional interview questions? Any other advice going in to the interview? 

I also want to ask any current or past students how they like the program and how has the program contributed to their success as a student or practicing PA? 

Thank you guys and best of luck to all!!!

Congrats! I applied August and still haven’t heard anything. I’ve never interviewed at CBU but I wish you the best of luck! 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:15 AM, francesr17 said:

Applied in mid-June, interviewed on 12/11, and received the acceptance call on 12/16! I still can't believe it, I feel like this is all a dream since this is my first choice program. Anyway, they're still interviewing so don't lose hope! Good luck everyone 🙂

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy you got in for your first choice!

Can you shed any light to how the interview went? 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, JazPA said:

Does anyone know how long CBU hosts interview for? Still patiently waiting to hear back as I believe most of us are 😅

I have no idea.  Still havent heard anything as well; not sure if COVID has slowed down the interview process compared to cycles in the past. I would imagine so. But good luck; hopefully we start hearing back sooN!

• Like 1