Lipscomb University PA Program 2020-2021

I also received an email from Ms. Humphreys saying to call her- and I was accepted!! 

Stats: 

First time applicant, 21 years old, graduating with degrees in Biology and Political Science in December

cGPA: 3.82

sGPA: 3.60

PCE: 1380 EMT tech in clinic

HCE: 300 as a volunteer receptionist at health clinic

Lots of additional volunteer and leadership experiences too:) Best of luck to everyone! I can't wait to meet you next year! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sw0001 said:

Congrats to those accepted!! emoji4.png Would anyone accepted mind sharing when they applied & their stats?

first time applicant, 22 years old, graduated with a marketing communications degree and business minor but took all the necessary science pre-reqs. 

cGPA: 3.76

sGPA: 3.54

PCE: around 250 when I submitted. I just started working this May when I graduated. I did COVID screening and now work as a wound care tech. From my understanding when I spoke to Lipscomb, they don't put a large emphasis on PCE. 

I had 500+ hours of volunteering and around 150 hours of shadowing PAs. 

I know this process is exhausting and can be so stressful.. rooting and praying for all of you!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peggyPA said:

For those of you that have been accepted, does anyone know if they make a facebook group or anything so that we can start getting to know each other/find roommates? I'm so excited to meet everyone!

I was thinking the same thing! I haven't seen anything on Facebook- I have emailed Ms. Humphreys to ask and will let you know!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peggyPA said:

For those of you that have been accepted, does anyone know if they make a facebook group or anything so that we can start getting to know each other/find roommates? I'm so excited to meet everyone!

Ms. Humphreys add people to a group after those who were accepted pay their deposits!

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 8:06 AM, bearsfan1965 said:

Does anyone know how this hold list works? Should we anticipate acceptance or is it a glorified denial? 

I'm not sure how many applicants they put on hold, but my understanding was that because the program has rolling admissions, they put most applicants on hold after their interview. It's neither an acceptance or rejection. As interviews continue or are complete, they will look at the hold list and then do acceptances/rejections from there. I believe that once that is done there will be an actual waitlist! I could be wrong or misunderstanding, but this is what I think!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, peggyPA said:

I'm not sure how many applicants they put on hold, but my understanding was that because the program has rolling admissions, they put most applicants on hold after their interview. It's neither an acceptance or rejection. As interviews continue or are complete, they will look at the hold list and then do acceptances/rejections from there. I believe that once that is done there will be an actual waitlist! I could be wrong or misunderstanding, but this is what I think!

Thanks for the info! So if we the hold-listers, get accepted, we end up being wait-listers?

7 minutes ago, mkara40 said:

Can I assume rejection having not heard back for an interview at this time...

I would still wait until they mention any sorta denial or close to a denial. But on the meanwhile I would also make sure to focus on other schools that I applied, in case if it does turn into a rejection in the future. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! So if we the hold-listers, get accepted, we end up being wait-listers?

If you’re not accepted off the actual hold list then you put on a waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't heard anything back and I applied in July I want to say...a friend of mine interviewed in August and then was put on hold. She said they wont be interviewing for a bit because of students being on campus (she did her interview in person). Maybe they are waiting until thanksgiving/winter break to finish when less people are on campus? Has anyone gotten a denial? 

• Like 1