South College- Knoxville 2020-2021 Application Cycle

To those of you who already interviewed and got accepted ( first of all, congrats!) ... How long did they give you to make a decision to accept or decline admission?

I have 2 other interviews scheduled for the following 2 fridays and I’m anxious about how the timing of it all will work out.

thanks in advance! 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at the August 21st and received an acceptance! So excited lol. They told me they were planning on having 3 additional interview dates between here and December. 

Hmmm, that's pretty disappointing from a healthcare program...

I was accepted yesterday after my interview, if any others who have been accepted want to add me on Facebook my name is Lainey Jo Weller. I’ve lived in Knoxville since 2014 so if you need any advice o

10 hours ago, Acp123 said:

To those of you who already interviewed and got accepted ( first of all, congrats!) ... How long did they give you to make a decision to accept or decline admission?

I have 2 other interviews scheduled for the following 2 fridays and I’m anxious about how the timing of it all will work out.

thanks in advance! 

I believe we had 10 days to decide and had to pay a $1500 seat deposit. That's definitely stressful but honestly if accepted I would consider going ahead and paying the seat deposit unless your next interview also gives you a decision that day. It's better to pay $1500 and risk losing it if you get another acceptance than to decline and come out of the cycle with no other acceptances. In the grand scheme of tuition/loans the seat deposit is practically nothing.

Edited by gigi123
typo
On 10/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, jordanjfuturepa said:

For those who have already interviewed, what time does the interview end? I see that it starts at 8am, and there is a portion after lunch... just getting my travel plans arranged. 

Before my interview I emailed Deborah Boromei and she said it should be over by 3:30pm. I was done at 2:15pm but some people were still waiting to be called in for the individual portion after me. Good luck to you!

On 11/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, Madison56565656 said:

I feel like they made every effort to ensure our safety. I was comfortable with the in person accommodations. It makes a big difference to actually see the facilities and to meet and interact with faculty/current students, and South College realizes that. I really appreciate the planning and effort they made to allow us to interview safely in person! 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, Madison56565656 said:

Yes! I thought the same thing!! I'm a fairly recent cancer patient, and I live with a high-risk parent, so going in-person with people from around the country was NOT an option for me. It honestly struck me as a bit pompous. Why does this program feel so special that they need to have in-person interviews when literally every other program is doing virtual? I was admitted elsewhere over Zoom, so it shouldn't matter to me, but it still bothers me a bit that they're not taking the pandemic as seriously as other programs.

• Upvote 2
On 11/12/2020 at 8:39 PM, ChrisClemPA said:

Yes! I thought the same thing!! I'm a fairly recent cancer patient, and I live with a high-risk parent, so going in-person with people from around the country was NOT an option for me. It honestly struck me as a bit pompous. Why does this program feel so special that they need to have in-person interviews when literally every other program is doing virtual? I was admitted elsewhere over Zoom, so it shouldn't matter to me, but it still bothers me a bit that they're not taking the pandemic as seriously as other programs.

I will second this. This program and one other program where I applied were completing in person interviews. The other at least had the courtesy to offer a virtual option for those who preferred/needed it. In my opinion, in person interviews are completely unacceptable right now and I highly regret investing my money in applying to this program. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, emaleeroo said:

Has there been any other interview dates?? And do they tell you pretty well in advance so you can make travel plans? I seriously did not think anyone would be doing in person interviews this year. 

I just received an invite for 01/15 about an hour ago.

I just received an Interview invitation for January 15th!! SO SO SO EXCITED!!! If anyone has any tips on what to expect in the interviews! I have had two interviews with other programs so far but they were both over zoom so I am not sure what to expect from an in-person interview!