2020-2021 Application Cycle

10 hours ago, HoneyBadger555 said:

For those that received interview invites, when did y’all submit? Just trying to determine if they’re moving chronologically with their invites. Thanks!

I submitted early May and interviewed Oct 30th. Not sure about chronological order, but if you are unsure, it wouldn't hurt to contact their admin office. Granted, they are extremely busy and I wouldn't expect swift answers.

To all: I was hoping they'd send out notifications today of acceptances for the last week's interviews, but it seems I was sorely mistaken. Has anyone heard from them about acceptances or waitlist decisions, specifically? Fingers crossed it's this week! What a painfully long process, right? Good luck everyone. 

33 minutes ago, JHHay30 said:

I submitted early May and interviewed Oct 30th. Not sure about chronological order, but if you are unsure, it wouldn't hurt to contact their admin office. Granted, they are extremely busy and I wouldn't expect swift answers.

To all: I was hoping they'd send out notifications today of acceptances for the last week's interviews, but it seems I was sorely mistaken. Has anyone heard from them about acceptances or waitlist decisions, specifically? Fingers crossed it's this week! What a painfully long process, right? Good luck everyone. 

I interviewed yesterday & they told us the earliest we could possibly hear about acceptances would be next week. They wanted to get through 4 interview cycles before offering any seats. But if you don’t hear from them next week, they did say there will still be acceptance calls made later in the month. 

I understand your logic, but at my interview on October 30th, Cecile said that they would stick to their traditional timeline of sending results the week following a Monday and Friday combination of interviews. Usually through the years that happens on a Tuesday, following a week of interviews. Since that was not done today, I imagine the rest of the week is fair game. No way to guess now. 2020 makes it's own rules, so to speak.

I have not heard anything about going through four interview dates before any decisions, but I am leaning toward that logic now. Like I said, 2020 is a bit unpredictable, and as a creature of habit, it definitely raise one's anxiety lol.

31 minutes ago, JHHay30 said:

I understand your logic, but at my interview on October 30th, Cecile said that they would stick to their traditional timeline of sending results the week following a Monday and Friday combination of interviews. Usually through the years that happens on a Tuesday, following a week of interviews. Since that was not done today, I imagine the rest of the week is fair game. No way to guess now. 2020 makes it's own rules, so to speak.

I have not heard anything about going through four interview dates before any decisions, but I am leaning toward that logic now. Like I said, 2020 is a bit unpredictable, and as a creature of habit, it definitely raise one's anxiety lol.

It’s definitely unpredictable and tricky. I was just sharing what Cecile told us at the end of our interview yesterday. I do not believe it is typical for RMU to wait, but I also do not believe this cycle is typical at all. 
Best of luck to you! I hope you hear from them soon ☺️It would give me hope that I could hear from them sooner, too!

Hi All,

Congratulations to those who received acceptances and good luck to all! I am interviewing in two weeks and am from out of state. I do not know much about the area. I am doing my research but would love to hear how the interview went for those that have interviewed! Was there an MMI section? What was the format? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to message me privately if you prefer. Thank you so much! Good luck everyone!

11 hours ago, am12345 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations to those who received acceptances and good luck to all! I am interviewing in two weeks and am from out of state. I do not know much about the area. I am doing my research but would love to hear how the interview went for those that have interviewed! Was there an MMI section? What was the format? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to message me privately if you prefer. Thank you so much! Good luck everyone!

Seriously just a fun and low stress interview! I was just myself, answered everything honestly, and enjoyed my time. No MMI. Just a one on one interview, a two on one interview, and a fun group activity! 

Received an email today stating that the cycle has now been closed and all remaining interview sessions are full. Pretty bummed since I live so close to the campus and thought I had a pretty competitive application. best of luck to everyone interviewing this cycle, hopefully you hear some good news soon! 

28 minutes ago, thehopefulpa said:

Also just got an acceptance call! I interviewed last Friday. Cecile mentioned that after a Monday/Friday batch of interviews they will send out some but not all acceptances from that group. But everyone will know their acceptance/waitlist/rejection status hopefully next week or the week after. Good luck everyone!!

Congrats! I can’t wait to meet you and everyone else!