2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 10/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, thehopefulpa said:

Also just received a phone call to invite me to interview and got the email about an hour later! I chose Friday November 6th! 

Good luck everyone! 

Hey congrats on the interview! Just wondering if you could tell me when you submitted? And are you from Utah? 

1 hour ago, jjr731 said:

Hey congrats on the interview! Just wondering if you could tell me when you submitted? And are you from Utah? 

Hi! I submitted and was verified end of July, received an email from the program the first week of October that my application had finished screening.  I am from Utah. Are you still waiting to hear back? I’m surprised this thread hasn’t blown up yet so my guess is they’re sending invites out in waves. Especially if they’re also calling everyone. 

Best of luck!

10 hours ago, thehopefulpa said:

Hi! I submitted and was verified end of July, received an email from the program the first week of October that my application had finished screening.  I am from Utah. Are you still waiting to hear back? I’m surprised this thread hasn’t blown up yet so my guess is they’re sending invites out in waves. Especially if they’re also calling everyone. 

Best of luck!

I was verified mid-June and received the "finished screening" email mid-September. I'm still waiting to hear back, so I'm thinking they passed up my application and I'll most likely receive a rejection 😕 But yeah I was curious about the relatively low number of people who have posted about getting an interview. I'm from Wisconsin, and I applied to a lot of schools out west and have been rejected from all of them so far (including U of Utah), and meanwhile I've gotten interviews at several schools on the east coast...I'm not sure if that's coincidence or if these "out west" schools aren't fond of midwesterners lol.

Anyway thanks for your input, and good luck with the interview!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carol19 said:

Just received an interview invitation for November 9th! I was looking back through old forums to see if anyone had mentioned interview style but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know?

When you get emailed the schedule, all it specifies is there's an individual interview with a panel, and a group portion. No other details. 

2 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

When you get emailed the schedule, all it specifies is there's an individual interview with a panel, and a group portion. No other details. 

Yeah, Thank you for bringing that up. I went back and reread the scheduling page which had the breakdown of the interview like what you said above (individual interview, group activity, and campus tour)

On 10/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, ShaunS said:

I also got a phone call, followed by an email, a few days ago. Looking forward to the 10/26 interview!

Congrats on your interview, I hope it went well! Do you have any feedback on their interview style, tips & tricks would be greatly appreciated! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

I interviewed on friday and fell in love with the school. 😭 Really hoping they call me soon!

Congrats on completing the interview, fingers crossed you get in!

Curious to know what about their presentation made you fall in love? Was there anything that pleasantly surprised you about the program? Without giving away too much detail can you share the format of The interviews? (One-on-one/group/traditional interview etc). 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, pmabes said:

I interviewed today and had such a great experience! They were all so friendly and welcoming. 

Did anyone happen to catch how much the seat deposit is? (in case I am lucky enough to get an acceptance🤞🏼)

I also got to interview today & loved the experience! By far the most personal experience I’ve had so far with virtual interviews. 
I didn’t catch the seat deposit, but most schools are between $500 & $1k. 
best of luck to everyone who interviewed today & those of you preparing!

1 hour ago, Terilyn said:

I also got to interview today & loved the experience! By far the most personal experience I’ve had so far with virtual interviews. 
I didn’t catch the seat deposit, but most schools are between $500 & $1k. 
best of luck to everyone who interviewed today & those of you preparing!

I think we were in the same group! Good luck to you!!

4 hours ago, thehopefulpa said:

Congrats on completing the interview, fingers crossed you get in!

Curious to know what about their presentation made you fall in love? Was there anything that pleasantly surprised you about the program? Without giving away too much detail can you share the format of The interviews? (One-on-one/group/traditional interview etc). 

Thanks!

I just connected very well with my interviewer. I think our values/vision of future healthcare aligned perfectly. Plus I’m a mountain girl so the location is perfect for me. 
It’s basically half individual, half group. Fun and low stress. Just be yourself and let your personality shine through! 

32 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

I just connected very well with my interviewer. I think our values/vision of future healthcare aligned perfectly. Plus I’m a mountain girl so the location is perfect for me. 
It’s basically half individual, half group. Fun and low stress. Just be yourself and let your personality shine through! 

Thanks so much for the info!  That's awesome to hear you got along well with your interviewer!

Guest HoneyBadger555

For those that received interview invites, when did y’all submit? Just trying to determine if they’re moving chronologically with their invites. Thanks!