2020-2021 Application Cycle

22 minutes ago, Terilyn said:

It was a phone call first, followed by an email

They've never done phone calls for invites, as I have been invited in the past. Why would that change? And assuming you aren't the lone invite, why hasn't this forum blown up? I'm seriously curious, because this seems strange to me.

Edited by JHHay30
New info
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I also received a phone call followed by an email. However, I will be declining my interview spot because I am already accepted at another school. Maybe they are doing it in waves throughout the week? I was honestly kind of surprised by the phone call as well, it was really thoughtful and not an automated call, over a minute long. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, faithr3 said:

I also received a phone call followed by an email. However, I will be declining my interview spot because I am already accepted at another school. Maybe they are doing it in waves throughout the week? I was honestly kind of surprised by the phone call as well, it was really thoughtful and not an automated call, over a minute long. 

When did you get the phone call?

1 hour ago, JHHay30 said:

They've never done phone calls for invites, as I have been invited in the past. Why would that change? And assuming you aren't the lone invite, why hasn't this forum blown up? I'm seriously curious, because this seems strange to me.

I was also wondering why the forum didn’t blow up, but I believe they are calling in waves. And it’s definitely a more personal phone call. It was much appreciated. I’m sure they’ll finish letting everyone know soon! They said they had the most applicants this year than previously. 

23 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

How long after the phone call did you receive an email? I just missed a phone call but no message was left! 

Should I call back or wait for the email? 

It was a few hours later that I saw the email! I’m always a proponent of waiting and seeing! If they were trying to get ahold of you, I’ll believe they won’t stop until they reach you!