ISU 2020-2021 Cycle

On 10/15/2020 at 10:44 AM, Retzlaft said:

Kit emailed me last week with a post-interview file score and said we should all be able to see our rankings in moodle either tomorrow or Monday. Hang in there everyone!

Did you specifically request to get your post-interview file score? Also, is she going to email us once she's updated the moodle? Thanks!

1 hour ago, PAlizard said:

Did you specifically request to get your post-interview file score? Also, is she going to email us once she's updated the moodle? Thanks!

I did ask for a file score! We should get an automated email once she updates the moodle.

Edited by Retzlaft

Hey everyone - I didn’t get the autogenerated e-mail like Kit said we would, but I logged into my moodle to check my ranking (impatience) and where it previously stated I was “In Review” it jow states that I have a seat offer! 

Weirdly the e-mail is postmarked Monday so I don’t think official e-mails will go out until Monday. Not even sure everyones has been changed yet, so don’t worry if yours is still in review.

Sending everyone good vibes

1 minute ago, sxxnw said:

Hey everyone - I didn’t get the autogenerated e-mail like Kit said we would, but I logged into my moodle to check my ranking (impatience) and where it previously stated I was “In Review” it jow states that I have a seat offer! 

Weirdly the e-mail is postmarked Monday so I don’t think official e-mails will go out until Monday. Not even sure everyones has been changed yet, so don’t worry if yours is still in review.

Sending everyone good vibes

Same just happened to me! Super, super excited!!

hey everyone! I applied last week, I know I am late this cycle but just recently found out about this program. I received an email about my prereq GPA after submitting my CASPA but have not received a file score after submitting my supplemental app and GRE scores. Can anyone provide some insight on how the process works? 

21 hours ago, Rylee said:

hey everyone! I applied last week, I know I am late this cycle but just recently found out about this program. I received an email about my prereq GPA after submitting my CASPA but have not received a file score after submitting my supplemental app and GRE scores. Can anyone provide some insight on how the process works? 

This is how they calculate your file score: 

Prerequisite GPA + (Quantitative GRE Percentile/100) + (Verbal GRE Percentile/100) 

You can probably calculate your initial file score. I believe they said they are reviewing applications of 5.05 or higher. That may have changed now though since their application pool is larger this late in the process, but I'm not totally sure. Stay optimistic though and best of luck!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bobafordays said:

Does anyone know if the file score is strict? Mine is 4.14, did not get a great GRE score. Wonders if I should still apply to have more options, but also hesitant because it's so late in the process and I am not sure if I will have a good chance to getting in. 

They aren’t reviewing application at this point that don’t reach the 5.00 threshold. I think it’s pretty competitive but you could still put your application in if you really like this program. I think in the past few years the average file score of accepted students was around 4.85-4.9 or something.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I'm wondering if there are any current students or alum that can talk about the didactic year schedule. What does a typical day look like? Do you feel like your time in the classroom was well structured and do you feel like you had enough time to take care of yourself and do things other than study? I know PA school is going to be crazy and require a lot of time, but I want to make sure I'm choosing a program where I'll be able to have some balance. Thanks!

Hey everyone! 

This is my first time posting on here but I feel like I read your comments all the time. I received an email back with my file score and everything on Aug 28th but haven't heard anything back from the program yet. It looks like a lot of you have had interviews and have been accepted and I'm just not sure if I should reach out to them to check up on my application status or not... I don't want to bother them though as I am sure they are busy with a lot of applications. What do you guys think? 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, faithr3 said:

Hey all! I'm from California and was wondering if anyone knew the similarities/differences between the Pocatello, Meridian, and Caldwell campuses? Both in terms of living in those cities, and how each campus is unique. Thanks so much! 

I’m originally from so cal. Merdian is the better of those locations. Pocatello gets cold, snowy and windy.  Caldwell isn’t bad. You can actually live in merdian and it’s only about 15-20 minutes to campus. 

On 10/21/2020 at 3:17 PM, bobafordays said:

Does anyone know if the file score is strict? Mine is 4.14, did not get a great GRE score. Wonders if I should still apply to have more options, but also hesitant because it's so late in the process and I am not sure if I will have a good chance to getting in. 

I'm at a mid 4 so I'm still waiting for them to start considering below 5.0. As time passes and more interviews go by the chances get slimmer, but aren't gone yet! Fingers crossed for sure!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:31 AM, gavnj said:

I'm at a mid 4 so I'm still waiting for them to start considering below 5.0. As time passes and more interviews go by the chances get slimmer, but aren't gone yet! Fingers crossed for sure!

Yes there is still hope! I decided to not apply. I did not want to take time away from preparing my only interview so far. The competition is surely fierce, but it will be so worth it. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MellifluousButterfly said:

Does anyone know if they ever accept students with a file score < 10? My file score to interview was a 5.18, but I don't qualify for any points from the mission survey. Given that the highest possible points one could get from the interview is 4 points, I am feeling a little discouraged.

I think so! I asked during the interview what the range of file scores they accepted last year was,  and I can’t remember the exact number but it did go down into the 9’s. Don’t get discouraged! It’s never over until it’s over.

• Like 1