Got an interview invite today!

My stats:

FIle Score: 5.14

cGPA: 3.36

sGPA: 3.49

GRE: 315

Writing: 4.0

PCE: 7200 hours as EKG Tech/Holter Scanner

Shadowing: Low. Only 3 official hours shadowing an Internal Medicine PA. 

Submitted: 6/22

Verified: 6/29

12 minutes ago, faithr3 said:

Received an interview invite today! They said they would call to schedule. So excited for everyone! 

31 minutes ago, PAlizard said:

I also got an interview invite today! I submitted my app 6/14 and got confirmed by ISU on 6/18. I had a file score of 5.07 - I can share my stats if anyone is interested!

Please share when you get scheduled for the interview!!

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger555 said:

Got an interview invite today!

My stats:

FIle Score: 5.14

cGPA: 3.36

sGPA: 3.49

GRE: 315

Writing: 4.0

PCE: 7200 hours as EKG Tech/Holter Scanner

Shadowing: Low. Only 3 official hours shadowing an Internal Medicine PA. 

Submitted: 6/22

Verified: 6/29

Congrats guys!!! Just wondering, are any of you from Idaho or went to undergrad at a university in Idaho?

• Like 1

Guest HoneyBadger555
45 minutes ago, juuuuuuuulia said:

Congrats guys!!! Just wondering, are any of you from Idaho or went to undergrad at a university in Idaho?

Thank you! I got my associate degree at BYU-Idaho but finished my bachelor's degree out of state. I'm not from Idaho originally.

Edited by HoneyBadger555

15 hours ago, fabiansanchez100 said:

Got an interview on 9/8 and just scheduled my interview via email. If you haven't received the call yet and are ready to schedule I would just email them. They replied very fast to me. 

Thanks for the advice! You were spot on - I emailed this morning and am scheduled. They were really nice - they even looked at where I live in my file and converted the interview times to my time-zone. I'm excited to interview!

• Upvote 1

Hey, do any of you know if Idaho state responds to emails about the status of your application? They sent me an email on 8/18 saying that they would review my file, my file score was a 5.57 which passed their mark, and to allow 3 weeks for the file review. Its now been 7 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back. Should I email them? Thanks!

Edited by TylerG

11 minutes ago, TylerG said:

Hey, do any of you know if Idaho state responds to emails about the status of your application? They sent me an email on 8/18 saying that they would review my file, my file score was a 5.57 which passed their mark, and to allow 3 weeks for the file review. Its now been 7 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back. Should I email them? Thanks!

Hi Tyler,
I applied in august and got a similar email. Mine stressed that it would be a **MINIMUM of three weeks before review and went on to say it’s because their staff is very busy teaching, seeing patients, etc. 

So I wouldn’t worry about it personally, I don’t think an email would expedite the process. 

That’s just my humble opinion. Hang in there!

Lauren 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HoneyBadger555

Is anyone else still waiting on a call? I emailed them nearly three weeks ago to make sure I hadn’t missed a call and they said I’d hear from them soon. Not sure if I should email them again or continue to wait. 

14 minutes ago, HoneyBadger555 said:

Is anyone else still waiting on a call? I emailed them nearly three weeks ago to make sure I hadn’t missed a call and they said I’d hear from them soon. Not sure if I should email them again or continue to wait. 

Are you waiting on a call to schedule the interview? Or have you already interviewed and are waiting to hear back?

Guest HoneyBadger555
Just now, taylor593 said:

Are you waiting on a call to schedule the interview? Or have you already interviewed and are waiting to hear back?

Waiting on a call to schedule the interview. I was emailed over a month ago with an interview offer but haven’t heard anything since. 

1 minute ago, HoneyBadger555 said:

Waiting on a call to schedule the interview. I was emailed over a month ago with an interview offer but haven’t heard anything since. 

I would definitely email Kit about scheduling it. I did that and she responded quickly and got it scheduled. Personally I wouldn't wait for them to call you if you want to interview sooner rather than later. 

Got declined for an interview with a file score of 5.44! A little insight to the program for future applicants, whether that means the program does not strictly evaluate applicants based on their file score or they have a large preference for in-state, who knows. Not bummed as I've received 4 acceptances thus far, but I thought it was useful to note. I wish the very best of luck to the upcoming cohort!