WMU Application Cycle 2020-2021

13 minutes ago, Grace24 said:

β€˜although we areΒ not offering you a seat at this time we will be rolling your application into the next set of interviews’, not the best news. Was waitlisted elsewhere as well and haven’t heard back from them. Hoping they aren’t dead ends.Β 

This just means that they are going to keep comparing your application and interview scores with the next set of interviews. You’re not β€˜waitlisted’ yet. They don’t usually waitlist people until they have filled all the seats. Keep your head up...I went through this last year too lol. The waiting game is brutal.Β 

49 minutes ago, Grace24 said:

β€˜although we areΒ not offering you a seat at this time we will be rolling your application into the next set of interviews’, not the best news. Was waitlisted elsewhere as well and haven’t heard back from them. Hoping they aren’t dead ends.Β 

You still have a good chance! Its not a rejection, so its still hopeful! They're comparing your stats to the next group of applicants. You got this!

3 hours ago, StephanieS said:

Hi everyone! I have an upcoming interview on October 23rd. Does anyone have any tips?Β 
Super nervous! And congratulations to those who have been accepted ❀️

Practice scenarios more than traditional questions, and honestly, be yourself! Be you! They want to know who you are, how you fit with the class, the professors etc. You're already more than half way through; you received an interview, now practice but don't sound like a robot.

Edited by ZehraAl

11 hours ago, ZehraAl said:

I got notice from my background check, and that I'm in the clear, but no word from WMU yet.

Okay same. I got a notice that my background check was completed and I’m good. But nothing from WMU either. I had emailed them the other day to make sure we didn’t have to forward on our results and they had responded saying they where gonna check on those yesterday afternoon.Β 

12 hours ago, hgabe2 said:

To those who already interviewed and got accepted have you gotten word back from them regarding the criminal background check? Just anxious to get into the next steps! πŸ™‚

My background check was completed too. I had emailed WMU before and they said they will email me with the next steps, like if I need to send any outstanding transcripts.Β 

• Like 1

How safe were these interviews? I have gotten invites to other interviews but they were all via Zoom... I am a little nervous about having to fly out and meet with a bunch of other people who also flew out. Did those that interview feel truly safe? Makes me concerned that this school didn't just use Zoom like so many others are...

1 hour ago, Celleenuh said:

How safe were these interviews? I have gotten invites to other interviews but they were all via Zoom... I am a little nervous about having to fly out and meet with a bunch of other people who also flew out. Did those that interview feel truly safe? Makes me concerned that this school didn't just use Zoom like so many othersΒ 

I felt pretty safe. Majority of us drove there or spent the night in the city, I think one or two people flew out.. maybe one.. but anyway, everyone socially kept their distance, we all sat more than 6ft away, no one shook hands (this was one I was most nervous for, but they completely took it out and I felt better). Masks are required at all times, too. I actually liked that it was an in-person interview, you get the feel for everyone better. They would not do in-person if they for a moment felt indifferent about safety and such.Β 

3 hours ago, ZehraAl said:

Hey! Once I sent it, I told them about it, and they said they'd be on the lookout for it. I did put a tracking on it though.

Thanks! I also put tracking on mine, I was anxious about it so I sent it overnight! Said it was delivered there the next morning, just having gotten any notice from WMU yet.