WMU Application Cycle 2020-2021

7 minutes ago, Hgill43 said:

Hi, does anyone know if they offer rolling admission? thanks and good luck,

Yes. They do rolling admission. Typically they start doing interviews in early/mid September. Last year I received an invitation to interview in mid August. 

4 minutes ago, Hgill43 said:

wonderful, thanks for replying, so I guess you are already in PA program? this whole process is very frustrating, 

Nope! I got put on the alternate list actually. So I have reapplied with hopes for a better outcome this year! 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, epicchecklist said:

If you don't mind, could you share your stats? Also, what did you change this time around? 

Best of luck to you this cycle!!

I don’t mind! 

cGPA: 3.48

sGPA: 3.64

>16,000 HCE hours as a Respiratory Therapist. 
5 LOR from 2 MD’s, 1 PA, supervisor and Human Phys Professor 

Didnt really get to do too much different this application cycle because Covid took away my volunteer opportunities I had set up unfortunately. I’m hoping that they will have some understanding with that and that my service to our community (I live and work in Kzoo) while being a frontline worker gets me some sort of help. 
Good luck to all applying!! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, krifuturepa said:

So, the status is accreditation probation - so will the class of 20-21 cycle be able to sit for PANCE?

Yes they’ll be able to sit for their PANCE. Probationary status just means that the program has something to fix but ARC-PA gives the school a certain amount of time to sort out what ever it was that put them on probation. It doesn’t affect testing or anything. 

On 7/25/2020 at 3:28 PM, krifuturepa said:

but there is still a chance that they might not give accreditation if what has to be fixed is not fixed? so it is a risk? 

There is a risk, but most schools fix the minor issues they faced. If you're really concerned, you can all the school and ask WHY they're on probation. Sometimes it's the tiniest little error. 

3 hours ago, KShebesta said:

Hey everyone, I got rejected due to my pre-requisite of A&P 1 and 2 not fitting their requirements of a separate Anatomy and Physiology class. Best of luck to you all! 

What other schools have you applied to? Most schools that I have found require the same thing. 

21 hours ago, Jcosek said:

What other schools have you applied to? Most schools that I have found require the same thing. 

Concordia University in Wisconsin, Rush University in Illinois, Carroll University in Wisconsin, and I am also in the process of applying to Pacific University in Oregon! I have received word from Concordia and Carroll and in neither was I notified of these courses not fitting their requirements. In some of these places, actually, I think they say they do accept the Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 courses, instead of a separate Anatomy and Physiology course. My fault for not checking specifically with WMU! Hoping for better results with the other universities. Best of luck! 

Edited by KShebesta

21 hours ago, KShebesta said:

Concordia University in Wisconsin, Rush University in Illinois, Carroll University in Wisconsin, and I am also in the process of applying to Pacific University in Oregon! I have received word from Concordia and Carroll and in neither was I notified of these courses not fitting their requirements. In some of these places, actually, I think they say they do accept the Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 courses, instead of a separate Anatomy and Physiology course. My fault for not checking specifically with WMU! Hoping for better results with the other universities. Best of luck! 

Same to you!! 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...