Jump to content

Point Loma Nazarene University 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

On 12/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, Paapp20202021 said:

Is it to late to apply?

This is just my thought and don't mean to undermine or attack anyone else. Their apps are still open I believe. I would go ahead and apply anyway just in case. There is always the chance they will look at your app and really like you. There are always stories of people with their "lucky breaks" but it turns out, it is just them being the best they can be. If you can see yourself going to this school and fitting in with the program and their mission, I would say go for it. As aspiring PAs we should all be the best versions of ourselves possible and I would think this is that opportunity for you to show them the best you as of current and given you continue to improve yourself, show them an improved version of you if needed the following year! I hope this advice helps and good luck friend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys--just received an acceptance call! I interviewed on 9/12 for reference 🙂

Got an acceptance voicemail today around noon!!

I also received an acceptance call yesterday! 🥳 

Guest Paapp20202021
1 hour ago, pHEAL said:

This is just my thought and don't mean to undermine or attack anyone else. Their apps are still open I believe. I would go ahead and apply anyway just in case. There is always the chance they will look at your app and really like you. There are always stories of people with their "lucky breaks" but it turns out, it is just them being the best they can be. If you can see yourself going to this school and fitting in with the program and their mission, I would say go for it. As aspiring PAs we should all be the best versions of ourselves possible and I would think this is that opportunity for you to show them the best you as of current and given you continue to improve yourself, show them an improved version of you if needed the following year! I hope this advice helps and good luck friend!

I really appreciate it! Thank you so much! I do need to take the Casper test so I wouldn’t be able to have my app looked at until mid January so I’m still thinking about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
On 12/21/2020 at 6:18 PM, abovee said:

I received an email today from the program stating they are having another round of interviews in April which is very encouraging! Did anyone else get the same email?

So I still have a good chance? Because the Casper test is on Jan 12th and it says they won’t look at my application until Casper test is done 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paapp20202021 said:

So I still have a good chance? Because the Casper test is on Jan 12th and it says they won’t look at my application until Casper test is done 

This was sent to applicants (including myself) who have already submitted our application 5-6 months ago but have yet to receive an interview invitation or rejection. Because it is rolling admissions, everyone who applies to a school technically has a chance, but just how good that chance is decreases rapidly after applications are submitted past august of the application cycle bc it also takes weeks for verification. Definitely apply if you feel like you have a great shot at it, but since you have yet to submit the application or complete your casper, my advice is to wait until the next cycle for a higher chance, and not throw hundreds of dollars into a slim chance

Edited by NicoleDAspiringPA
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
9 hours ago, NicoleDAspiringPA said:

This was sent to applicants (including myself) who have already submitted our application 5-6 months ago but have yet to receive an interview invitation or rejection. Because it is rolling admissions, everyone who applies to a school technically has a chance, but just how good that chance is decreases rapidly after applications are submitted past august of the application cycle bc it also takes weeks for verification. Definitely apply if you feel like you have a great shot at it, but since you have yet to submit the application or complete your casper, my advice is to wait until the next cycle for a higher chance, and not throw hundreds of dollars into a slim chance

I understand where your coming from but I would rather take the risk than regret it. I submitted my application yesterday..it is now verified, and all I need to take is the Casper test which is only in a couple weeks. If they are holding another round of interviews in April then why not take that risk. I’m gonna stay optimistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 12:03 PM, deepop said:

Can you give some insight into the type of interview they do? I got an invite this morning so I’m not sure if the following emails will address this or not. 

I am sorry I just saw this! The follow up emails did address it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rlatndus5 said:

Just got an email today that I am currently on the list for consideration. Anybody know if this is just a waiting list? 

Maybe for the last round of interviews in April? Seems positive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LTG515 said:

Maybe for the last round of interviews in April? Seems positive. 

Sorry, should've clarified, but I had an interview on 12/15 and they sent that email that I was on the list for consideration. Hopefully it turns into an acceptance call 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rlatndus5 said:

Sorry, should've clarified, but I had an interview on 12/15 and they sent that email that I was on the list for consideration. Hopefully it turns into an acceptance call 😭

Ohhh gotcha! At least they’re still thinking about you. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
On 1/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, danianderson said:

Do any accepted or waitlist students mind posting their stats? I'm interested to know the types of students they are interested in if possible.

Took the Casper test on Jan 12th! I’m hopeful to get an interview ! Goodluck everyone

Edited by Paapp20202021
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapp20202021
3 hours ago, Paapp20202021 said:

Took the Casper test on Jan 12th! I’m hopeful to get an interview ! Goodluck everyone

Does anyone know this programs class size? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They sent my invite out when I posted that comment. Yes it is for the class starting this fall, unless they do not get granted accreditation. They have most of their class already accepted since they have been doing interviews since earlier late 2020 from what I know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, danianderson said:

They sent my invite out when I posted that comment. Yes it is for the class starting this fall, unless they do not get granted accreditation. They have most of their class already accepted since they have been doing interviews since earlier late 2020 from what I know. 

Do you have any idea how many spots they have left? Are they doing interviews in March and April?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PREPA20201 said:

What date is their accreditation review? They said they’d hold their last interview after the review.

When I had my interview (in December) they said their accreditation review is sometime in March. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More