• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also received my acceptance letter (finally after 5 years!) There was talk of starting a Facebook page; I'm willing to get back on if someone's willing to set it up.

Hopefully we hear back today!

Accepted by email - 8:05pm, 11/30. I'll be turning down my spot to attend GW, so there's an open spot for someone else! Best of luck, everyone!!

On 10/6/2020 at 3:05 PM, daric said:

Does anyone know about the interview process, questions and format type for UMB PA program? 

How do you plan on preparing for the interview?

Also received an interview, for Friday, November 13, 2020 starting at 1:00 p.m. (EST) and ending at 6:00 p.m. (EST).

Same!

1 minute ago, raquelmr96 said:

Did anyone attend today’s information session? Would you say it was more informative than the information booklet they provided us?

I attended. I thought it was a bit more informative than the admissions packet. They went into more detail about the curriculum and the different campuses which wasn’t in the packet. They also said that everyone who interviews on 11/13 will be notified about their admissions decision before thanksgiving 

1 minute ago, Jaw67PA said:

I attended. I thought it was a bit more informative than the admissions packet. They went into more detail about the curriculum and the different campuses which wasn’t in the packet. They also said that everyone who interviews on 11/13 will be notified about their admissions decision before thanksgiving 

Thanks for your input! 
I accidentally missed it today. Do you think there is any information useful to mention during the interview? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 8:26 PM, Jaw67PA said:

Did you get a link to join the info session via email? I signed up but didn’t receive an email with a link or anything 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, Madison56565656 said:

Can anyone who attended the info session tell me a little more about how the program is set up in terms of where the main campus is located and how the program is integrated between UM and the community college?

If I recall correctly, they said that lectures are held at the arundel mills campus (well zoom at the moment because of COVID) and the labs are held at the arnold campus. They also mentioned that some specific classes or events may be held at the University of Maryland Baltimore campus in the near future now that the sponsorship has changed.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:22 PM, raquelmr96 said:

Did anyone attend today’s information session? Would you say it was more informative than the information booklet they provided us?

Which booklet are you referring to? I didn't receive any. Would you mind uploading that here, please?

On 11/11/2020 at 11:01 AM, Jaw67PA said:

If I recall correctly, they said that lectures are held at the arundel mills campus (well zoom at the moment because of COVID) and the labs are held at the arnold campus. They also mentioned that some specific classes or events may be held at the University of Maryland Baltimore campus in the near future now that the sponsorship has changed.

Soooo basically we're at a community college the whole time? Hmmm....

17 minutes ago, Madison56565656 said:

Soooo basically we're at a community college the whole time? Hmmm....

The program was called Anne Arundel Community College PA program like up until last year so that makes sense that all their classes would be on AACC's campuses lol. With the new sponsorship though, they said they will start transitioning some classes to University of Maryland Baltimore's campus. Also both of AACC's campuses are nice lol not sure why that is an issue! At the end of the day your degree will be from University of Maryland.

Edited by Jaw67PA
23 minutes ago, Jaw67PA said:

The program was called Anne Arundel Community College PA program like up until last year so that makes sense that all their classes would be on AACC's campuses lol. With the new sponsorship though, they said they will start transitioning some classes to University of Maryland Baltimore's campus. Also both of AACC's campuses are nice lol not sure why that is an issue! At the end of the day your degree will be from University of Maryland.

To be honest, I'm from the South and most of the community colleges near me are really not up to par with graduate-level study. When I applied through CASPA, it was just listed as University of Maryland - Baltimore, so I wasn't even aware of the community college aspect. I'm excited for the interview tomorrow and will go into it open-minded. The CC aspect just gave me pause for a moment because of my personal experience with where I took some pre-reqs.