Ask a PA Admissions Director

@sotom27 Thank you for your question and my apologies for the delay. I don't think it's a bad thing from my standpoint. We've had applicants do that for our program in the past and we view it as showing one's desire to join the program should a seat open up. I've never seen our admissions committee see it as something that would hurt one's chances. Hope this helps!

I was waitlisted at a school and thought it would be a good idea to write a letter to the Admissions director and program director expressing my interest and desire to be accepted. I kept it short (no more than half a page typed) but now I am wondering if this could be seen as a bad thing?
Any tips are much appreciated! Thanks

@ma2pa Thank you for your questions and sorry for the delay. The answer to that depends on the program you're applying to. Our program, for example, prefers to see any post-bacc work that needs to be taken or retaken, especially in the biology and chemistry requirements, to be taken the university level. We feel that it's better preparation for our curriculum, especially if it's been a while since you've taken A&p (just as an example) and would enhance your application. But again, it all depends on the programs' preferences. It wouldn't hurt to see if that information is listed on their websites or to contact an admissions representative. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions

Hello, I was hoping I could get your advice about this.

I already have a BS in Human Biology but since my classes are beyond Most schools time limit I have to retake a lot of the perquisites. I was wondering if I take them at a 4 year college will i be more competitive as oppose to taking them at a community college? Would it even matter in my situation because I already have a degree?

Thanks

@nesquik Thank you for your questions and sorry for the delay. If the course is not required of the program(s) you're applying to, I would lean more to telling you to go ahead with submitting your application. I'm assuming that you're meeting the requirements (prereqs, hours, and where you took the classes are fine) of the program(s) that you're applying to. With your solid performance lately I'm hoping that will be a strong point in your application. If you haven't already, I would make sure to mention somewhere in your personal statement that you were working while going back to school. I hope this helps and best wishes!

@paadmissions

Hello! I've been reading all the amazing advice you've been giving and I was hoping to get some from you as well!

Cumulative GPA: 3.3

Science GPA:3.2

Post-Bac GPA: 3.8 (Taken at a CC and university extension program. I received straight As for all but one class where I received an A- for an Immunology class)

Pre-req GPA: 3.75 (majority of them were taken at a CC)

Clinical hours: ~3000 as an EMT and ER tech (over 3 years part time and per diem)

Shadowing: 40 hours (peds, surgery)

Volunteer Experience: about 200 in various places such as blood pressure screenings, assembling packages for veterans, and hospital opportunities, mentoring students.

GRE: 301 (retaking it next month)

I have some research experience working in a lab where we studied parasites in animals(non published).

I also work as a secretary at a hospital where I essentially assemble and break down charts, help doctors with orders as well as assist nurses with various tasks and procedures.

I've been taking more science classes which boosted my it by .1 point, but i have been taking classes 1 semester/quarter at a time due to working 2 jobs.

I wanted to know how you think i would do. Would it make a difference if i e-submitted my application prior to finishing a non required science class, which would change my cumulative GPA to a 3.4?

@dlk3651 Thank you for your questions and sorry for the delay. It really depends on the programs' processes of how they contact their applicants once considerations close. For example, our program considers applicants into the spring semester and close our considerations on May 1. An email is always sent to those applicants who were not extended an interview on May 1. Now, other programs may not do something similar so I definitely don't want to speak for everyone. I don't mind if applicants contact me maybe once, via email, to see if considerations have closed. I definitely don't recommend constantly following up, which it doesn't sound like you would do that, as it is something I strongly discourage. I hope this helps!

@paadmissions 

Thank you so much for this thread. The advice here is incredibly helpful.

I have applied to 8 programs this year, received interview invitations from 2 and haven't heard anything from the other 6 programs (aside from an e-mail informing me that my application is complete). I submitted my application to CASPA and it was completed and verified in mid August.

Should I be expecting denial letter to these schools? Everything I have read discourages calling to inquire about my status. I have been told that no news is good news but I am beginning to wonder how true that is. 

Do most schools send out denial letters at the end of the application cycle or will they be sent out as decisions are made? 

@wong326 Thank you for your question. Before embarking on additional coursework make sure it will be required of the programs you're applying to. It sounds like the issue with this one program was not academics, but rather your interview performance. Usually, not all the time, academics are typically not the reason we deny someone after an interview. Most of the time its due to the things that you mentioned you did wrong during your interview. If possible, it may be beneficial to seek guidance from a "career services" or a similar professional organization that can allow you to participate in a mock interview. If additional courses need to be taken in addition to you preparing for your interview then, of course, you will need to have a plan in place to take care of that....Remember your application gets you the interview and your interviews gets you a seat in the program. Hope this helps! 

Hello PA admissions Director,

I found myself constantly thinking 'i should have done this or that' after an interview. I regard why did I only apply to 2 schools after seeing others applied to many for more chances to be accepted. I know it is over and i need to move on. This is problemetic.

Here is my little background. I went back to college in my mid-20s. After graduation I moved to a rural industrial town and worked as the only dietitian there for 3 years. During that time, I developed a strong passion to becoming a PA to work in an underserved area. Half year ago I have moved back to a metropolitan city to my husband and only worked part-time in order to volunteer more (there were rarely any volunteer opportunities when i was in a rural town). I have really good LOR from one MD and my boss. My GPA is 3.4-3.5. I shadowed an MD and PA together in a 9 mos period (varies hours weekly depends on my work) and they taught me physical examination skills. 

I only applied to 2 schools this cycle due to current financial constraint. I completed 1 interview 3 weeks ago. One school will not mail out any invites or interviews until Jan/Feb 2015. The school I interviewed with is known to give out acceptance calls within 1-3 days. After reviewing my interview performance with others, I was told i didn't sell myself good enough .I also failed to give answer succinctly. I felt I was too relaxed and I might shown to the committees that i was too confident. It was not a good one.

I need to plan out to re-apply more schools including 2 applied now in my next year application cycle. There are so many things i can do to be a strong applicant (e.g. (1)take spanish classes, (2)take GRE, (3)retake physiology - i had "A" but over 5 years ago, (4) take science class that doesn't required, (5) take a per-diem/part time job in other medical field such as scribes open my horizon, (6)volunteer more) but i need to balance my finance. What are the useful one(s) ?

Other things bother me the most are : (1) My highlight and passion is work in a rural area but there has been no openings for past few months. When i re-apply will i lose my highlight if i pick jobs in the city? (2)I believe i have excellent LOR as they know me/my ability very well, can i re-use it ? 

Sorry for my long message. I just need a listener and some advice to better plan next year. I can't and I won't give up.  

Thank you very much.

-wpy

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Thank you again for your continuous genuine help. I would like to have your opinion on how to properly respond to an acceptance into a program. I already sent a Thank you E-mail to the admission cordinator (Thanking the committee for granting me seat). I had also sent a Thank you card to the faculty members that I interviewed with including the program director post-interview. Do you recommend sending a thank you card again to everyone or what do you recommend? Thank you

I actually transferred from a state university (3.9 GPA) to a private liberal arts college, and my GPA has taken a hit. I'm down to about a 3.4-3.5. I was told that PA programs look at trends and with mine, it has gone downhill only because the classes are much harder here. Should I address this? Also, do PA programs look at private schools highly or does it make no difference?

Hey, wow looks like you have been very busy answering so many questions. Thank you for being such a great resource, I wish I had found this page sooner. I recently interviewed at 3 PA schools and was waitlisted at two of them, still waiting to hear back from the third and I was actually waitlisted at a fourth school without interviewing. Weird? I am an applicant on the lower end of GPA acceptance range. I wrote an excellent personal statement, have well above HCE as a CNA and have a surgical missions trip experience, as well as great references. My questions for you are:

1) Despite being granted an interview, would my GPA be a limiting factor for being chosen? Is that likely the reason I keep getting waitlisted? Or after being given an interview do they base their decision primarily on how the interview went?

2) What do you think my chances are of getting off a waitlist and into the program? I don't want to count on it by any means, but I also don't want to fork out tons of $$ to retake anatomy and maintain 48 hour work weeks if I don't have to. Plus I feel retaking a class is over rated because anyone can take one class and get an A. So.... getting to the point here.. Should I retake Anatomy while being on these waitlists? As it will greatly increase my prereq GPA if I get an A, Or should I wait and take the class in the summer pending I don't hear back by then and on my next application cycle mark down that I have a retake currently in progress?

Thanks!

@mlsw Thank you for your question. I would encourage you to contact the programs you've applied to see how to update those hours and/or if they accept updates outside of your application once it's submitted. Our program provides a link in our confirmation email with information on how to do that, but all programs are different. If you have trouble getting a response from the program, I would just send a letter updating the hours just in case. Hope this helps!

I was just wondering if I should send an update letter to the schools that I have applied to since I have twice the amount of patient care hours as I did when I sent my application. I also had a little bit of a job change. 

@dichotomy Thank you for your question. Congrats on being accepted!! I think you've thanked the appropriate people after the interview and it's best to just go ahead and accept the seat via a simple email response if that is requested. For example, if you're accepted to our program, we have an Enrollment Verification form that has to be completed and submitted via email back to me and the applicant must submit their enrollment deposit to reserve their seat. All programs have different procedures, but I think you've expressed your gratitude appropriately. Hope this helps and best wishes in PA school!

Hello,

Thank you again for your continuous genuine help. I would like to have your opinion on how to properly respond to an acceptance into a program. I already sent a Thank you E-mail to the admission cordinator (Thanking the committee for granting me seat). I had also sent a Thank you card to the faculty members that I interviewed with including the program director post-interview. Do you recommend sending a thank you card again to everyone or what do you recommend? Thank you

@adevries Thank you for your question. It is true your academic progress will be looked at throughout your undergrad. If there is a silver lining to your situation, it's that you've at least maintained a 3.4 or higher with your drop in GPA and haven't dropped below a 3.0. That would be an obvious red flag. The simple advice would be to tell you do your best to improve upon the GPA, but most importantly maintain where you are and definitely do not continue to drop down. If the coursework is more rigorous at the private institution, I would make sure to mention this in your personal statement. Be sure to approach it the right way, meaning you address that the curriculum is more rigorous and how you've adjusted your study habits (if this is the case) and how this has prepared you for the PA curriculum. There are some schools that will weigh the university that applicants have attended, but I'm sure if they would weigh private vs. state supported schools. I hope this helps!

I actually transferred from a state university (3.9 GPA) to a private liberal arts college, and my GPA has taken a hit. I'm down to about a 3.4-3.5. I was told that PA programs look at trends and with mine, it has gone downhill only because the classes are much harder here. Should I address this? Also, do PA programs look at private schools highly or does it make no difference?

@willber Thank you for your questions. My assumptions are that once an applicant gets to an interview (especially if you've had 3 interviews) that your grades are typically not a concern for the committee. I'm assuming the decision to wait list an applicant is based on the applicant's interview. From our program's standpoint, historically we do utilize our alternate list each year, so the possibility of a seat opening up is possible. That said, I definitely don't want to speak on behalf of other programs because I'm not sure how big their waiting lists are and their trends in years past with having to use it. Before you embark on retaking classes and if a seat does not open up for you at these programs, seek feedback on what areas you need to improve-application vs. interview. You may  find that it's a simple fix with your interviewing skills and not your academics. I hope this helps and fingers crossed a seat opens up for you! 

Hey, wow looks like you have been very busy answering so many questions. Thank you for being such a great resource, I wish I had found this page sooner. I recently interviewed at 3 PA schools and was waitlisted at two of them, still waiting to hear back from the third and I was actually waitlisted at a fourth school without interviewing. Weird? I am an applicant on the lower end of GPA acceptance range. I wrote an excellent personal statement, have well above HCE as a CNA and have a surgical missions trip experience, as well as great references. My questions for you are:

1) Despite being granted an interview, would my GPA be a limiting factor for being chosen? Is that likely the reason I keep getting waitlisted? Or after being given an interview do they base their decision primarily on how the interview went?

2) What do you think my chances are of getting off a waitlist and into the program? I don't want to count on it by any means, but I also don't want to fork out tons of $$ to retake anatomy and maintain 48 hour work weeks if I don't have to. Plus I feel retaking a class is over rated because anyone can take one class and get an A. So.... getting to the point here.. Should I retake Anatomy while being on these waitlists? As it will greatly increase my prereq GPA if I get an A, Or should I wait and take the class in the summer pending I don't hear back by then and on my next application cycle mark down that I have a retake currently in progress?

Thanks!

paadmissions, thanks for being so diligent in regards to answering our questions posted in this thread; we truly appreciate the time you spend offering us advice. That being said, I do have a question for you. If we have a rather low GRE score (e.g., quantitative score around, say, the 30th %ile) but we have received an invite to interview at a program despite that application blemish, do you have any advice you could offer on how to best "explain away" the low score? Thanks...

@hedgehog24 Thank you for your question. I'm assuming that your GPA is probably pretty strong if you've been invited for an interview? If so, I could see a question being asked along the lines of "tell us why your GRE score may not support your stronger GPA." The question may be asked just to "ruffle your feathers" and not necessarily to demean you in anyway, but to see how you react. I really don't have an exact answer as to what you should say back because it's based on you as an individual. You do, however, want to be confident in your response and acknowledge that you realize your GRE scores are low as you have in your question. I'm assuming they have the confidence in your ability to do well in the program if they've invited you for an interview. Hope this helps a little. 

paadmissions, thanks for being so diligent in regards to answering our questions posted in this thread; we truly appreciate the time you spend offering us advice. That being said, I do have a question for you. If we have a rather low GRE score (e.g., quantitative score around, say, the 30th %ile) but we have received an invite to interview at a program despite that application blemish, do you have any advice you could offer on how to best "explain away" the low score? Thanks...

So, I am 59 years old and have been a practicing atonrey since 1981. I had always been more interested in medicine but a life changing event in 2006 (the passing of my late wife from breast cancer) inspired me to think about changing my career. I became an EMT, went back to school part time in 2011 and have completed over 35 hours of science classses (all the generally required pre-requisites) as well as 2 additional upper level science electives and have a science GPA of about 3.6. I have co-authored a chaper on microbioogy which is about to be published. My neurology professor just invited me to return next semester as a guest lecturer. I have over 3000 hours of experience as an EMT. I shadowed a PA last year (20 hours) and am currently shadowing PA's in the internal medicine dept. of one our local hospitals. 

I am registered for the spring to take 3 add'l upper level science classes.

As an attorney, I was on the board of directors of our local bar association, received the President's  Award for outstanding service and was Ass't Dean of our Academy of Law which is the teaching division of our bar association. I am also a co- founding member and Ass't Vice President of a breast cancer charity.

In college, I was not the best performing student and graduated with a 2.87 GPA but that was 35 years ago. Raising my cumulative GPA is very difficult because of the weighting of the credits from my undergradaute career. As a result, my cumulative gpa  is still only a 2.97. I am taking the GRe's in a few weeks.

I have 14 applications pending for PA schools. One of the local PA schools in NY where I had applied last year and was rejected, has again rejected me saying that my applicaion was not competitive. Upon inquiring, all they were able or willing to tell me is that they have had a 30% increase in applications since last year.

I am becoming incredibly frustrated by the increasing level of competition and my preceptoin that I am memerly a number on a page and cannot convey the essence of who I am and what I can offer to the profession. 

Do you have any guidance or thoughts on whether I am competitive or am wasting my time. I have spent the last 3-4 years changing my life for this career and reduced my law practice to part time in preparation for entry into PA achool.

Thank you.

@pathlaw Thank you for your question and I just saw your private message. If you want to email me your transcripts, mostly your most recent work you've done (the 35 hours) I can look over those to give you a more insightful response. Unfortunately, the competitiveness of applying to PA schools is becoming greater each year so I hope I can provide some feedback. jmish@methodist.edu 

So, I am 59 years old and have been a practicing atonrey since 1981. I had always been more interested in medicine but a life changing event in 2006 (the passing of my late wife from breast cancer) inspired me to think about changing my career. I became an EMT, went back to school part time in 2011 and have completed over 35 hours of science classses (all the generally required pre-requisites) as well as 2 additional upper level science electives and have a science GPA of about 3.6. I have co-authored a chaper on microbioogy which is about to be published. My neurology professor just invited me to return next semester as a guest lecturer. I have over 3000 hours of experience as an EMT. I shadowed a PA last year (20 hours) and am currently shadowing PA's in the internal medicine dept. of one our local hospitals. 

I am registered for the spring to take 3 add'l upper level science classes.

As an attorney, I was on the board of directors of our local bar association, received the President's  Award for outstanding service and was Ass't Dean of our Academy of Law which is the teaching division of our bar association. I am also a co- founding member and Ass't Vice President of a breast cancer charity.

In college, I was not the best performing student and graduated with a 2.87 GPA but that was 35 years ago. Raising my cumulative GPA is very difficult because of the weighting of the credits from my undergradaute career. As a result, my cumulative gpa  is still only a 2.97. I am taking the GRe's in a few weeks.

I have 14 applications pending for PA schools. One of the local PA schools in NY where I had applied last year and was rejected, has again rejected me saying that my applicaion was not competitive. Upon inquiring, all they were able or willing to tell me is that they have had a 30% increase in applications since last year.

I am becoming incredibly frustrated by the increasing level of competition and my preceptoin that I am memerly a number on a page and cannot convey the essence of who I am and what I can offer to the profession. 

Do you have any guidance or thoughts on whether I am competitive or am wasting my time. I have spent the last 3-4 years changing my life for this career and reduced my law practice to part time in preparation for entry into PA achool.

Thank you.

Hi!

Thanks for the info you've provided those of us in the Pre-PA stage.  I'm probably closer to the Pre-Pre-PA stage, but nonetheless your blog has been very helpful!

I have my Master's degree in Counseling Psychology and have over 3 years' experience working alongside several different populations (intellectually and developmentally disabled, traumatic brain injury, older adults with neurodegenerative diseases, chemical dependency, and Baker Act patients) in group, individual, and family therapy settings. I currently work at Mayo Clinic doing neuropsychological evaluations, and as a therapist at Wekiva Springs, an inpatient hospital. I'm looking to do much more with patient care, especially something a tad more objective, and truly enjoy the hospital environment.

With my Psych background, I obviously have to take the science prereqs (this will take 2 years, I work FT), but was curious if you believe my patient care experience would count in the eyes of PA Admissions, in general. I am beginning my search to shadow a couple days out of the month, because I know that experience is absolutely recommended, but I guess I'm hoping my years in mental health won't be left behind! 

What other feedback do you have for someone with my background for getting into PA school?

I really appreciate it!

@paadmissions, 

Thank you for creating this topic and helping us out. 

I have a question about pharmacy experience for PA schools.  Recently I had to withdraw from my pharmacy (PharmD) program because of medical reasons and had to return home to get better.  I am currently debating against going back to pharmacy as a career and would like to go into PA.  I really was interested in PA since my volunteer days when I was younger (I am 24 right now and have been volunteering since 14).  I was wondering, how does pharmacy experience look on a resume? The schools I'm applying to this next year are AT Still University and NAU (maybe Midwestern Glendale) all in Arizona. 

My GPA:

Overall - 3.39

Science - 3.28 (with all upper division science/math classes...Including Organic Chem. and Calculus). 

Pharmacy school: It is on a Pass/Fail system. There are no grades; Passing grades are 90% or above (anything lower than an 90% is an instant fail). I was passing all my classes until my health condition got worse.  

Experiences:

2000 hours of pharmacy tech experience. 

1000 hours of pharmacy intern experience.

500 hours of volunteering experience.  

~800 hours of extracuricular activities during undergrad

~50 hours of extracurricular activities during pharmacy school

No PA shadow/volunteer experience (yet...will be getting it soon)

Have not taken the GRE yet. 

Known languages: English, Russian, and Spanish

i know my GPA is on the low side.  I will be returning to school this Fall to finish up my BS in Biology (with a focus in PA).  I have 30 more credits to finish.  

WIll my pharmacy experience count for anything? From an admissions point of view, how would you react to a student like me?

Thank you for reading this. Hope to hear from you soon =).

Hello!

I will make this short and sweet -- if looking at two applications, one person who's an optometric/ophthalmic technician (assisting with lasik surgery, performing exams, etc -- definitely direct, hands-on care) vs. a medical assistant position working with a dermatologist (also assisting with exams/procedures, patient history, etc) which one would have more weight over the other, and by how much? I'm positive that I will get hands on experience in both positions but I'm not sure whether working in optometry/ophthalmology is less preferred/less valued -- what would be the case for your program? I appreciate you taking the time to answer everyone's questions, thanks in advance!

Hey, I've really struggled with the Chemistry pre-req's (C+ in Gen Chem 1 & 2, and C in Orgo).  Im about to start the second semester of my sophomore year and my GPA is a 3.0.  I still have Biochem. next semester but, I already have my friends notes who got an A as well as a tutor set up.  I think that by the time I graduate I can get it up to to like a 3.3- 3.4 but I am mortified that the will see those chem grades and just toss my application out.  

I'm also a certified EMT in the state of Delaware and work on a student run ambulance service.  Any advice will be appreciated, I need to figure my life out ASAP!!!!!

- Thank You! 

-

Hi!

Thank you so much again for making this thread. I really appreciate all your insight and help!

I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind.

I applied this year for admission to quite a few schools with a January start date. Unfortunately, I was rejected almost everywhere, waitlisted for an interview, or have not yet heard anything back yet. Between when I applied (June) and now (December), I have gained quite a bit more HCE and have gotten a few certs as well. I was thinking of applying to other schools with a later deadline but I can't change my CASPA. Would it be seen as poor if I were to send my application in with an update email? Or would it simply be better for me to wait for the next round?

Thank you so much again! I really appreciate all your time!

@devmck Thank you for your question. I would assume that programs would count your psych hours that you have up until this point, but it is better to follow up with potential programs to make sure they would count. That way you're not waiting until the last minute to scramble to find hours that would count. You are seeking shadowing opportunities with PAs, which would be something that I would recommend for those applicants with that type of background. If the programs you contact do no count your hours be sure to let them know your plan for shadowing to ensure that those are quality hours or hours that they're looking for. Hope this helps! 

Hi!

Thanks for the info you've provided those of us in the Pre-PA stage.  I'm probably closer to the Pre-Pre-PA stage, but nonetheless your blog has been very helpful!

I have my Master's degree in Counseling Psychology and have over 3 years' experience working alongside several different populations (intellectually and developmentally disabled, traumatic brain injury, older adults with neurodegenerative diseases, chemical dependency, and Baker Act patients) in group, individual, and family therapy settings. I currently work at Mayo Clinic doing neuropsychological evaluations, and as a therapist at Wekiva Springs, an inpatient hospital. I'm looking to do much more with patient care, especially something a tad more objective, and truly enjoy the hospital environment.

With my Psych background, I obviously have to take the science prereqs (this will take 2 years, I work FT), but was curious if you believe my patient care experience would count in the eyes of PA Admissions, in general. I am beginning my search to shadow a couple days out of the month, because I know that experience is absolutely recommended, but I guess I'm hoping my years in mental health won't be left behind! 

What other feedback do you have for someone with my background for getting into PA school?

I really appreciate it!

@jew unit Thank you for your question. First, I would encourage you to make it very clear in your personal statement on why you withdrew from pharmacy school and to make it clear that you were not dismissed. This needs to be a very brief mention of it in your personal statement. Also, you'll need to find quality experience (paid experience) with PAs that will demonstrate to the admissions committee that you've exposed yourself to PAs as much as possible. It's hard for applicants who may have only pharmacy tech (or similar) hours to "prove" to an admissions committee that they want to be a PA when they don't have any other experience except in the pharmacy.  My biggest advice would be to seek quality medical experience with PAs to enhance your application. You are on the track to increase your GPA, which would be something I would also recommend. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions, 

Thank you for creating this topic and helping us out. 

I have a question about pharmacy experience for PA schools.  Recently I had to withdraw from my pharmacy (PharmD) program because of medical reasons and had to return home to get better.  I am currently debating against going back to pharmacy as a career and would like to go into PA.  I really was interested in PA since my volunteer days when I was younger (I am 24 right now and have been volunteering since 14).  I was wondering, how does pharmacy experience look on a resume? The schools I'm applying to this next year are AT Still University and NAU (maybe Midwestern Glendale) all in Arizona. 

My GPA:

Overall - 3.39

Science - 3.28 (with all upper division science/math classes...Including Organic Chem. and Calculus). 

Pharmacy school: It is on a Pass/Fail system. There are no grades; Passing grades are 90% or above (anything lower than an 90% is an instant fail). I was passing all my classes until my health condition got worse.  

Experiences:

2000 hours of pharmacy tech experience. 

1000 hours of pharmacy intern experience.

500 hours of volunteering experience.  

~800 hours of extracuricular activities during undergrad

~50 hours of extracurricular activities during pharmacy school

No PA shadow/volunteer experience (yet...will be getting it soon)

Have not taken the GRE yet. 

Known languages: English, Russian, and Spanish

i know my GPA is on the low side.  I will be returning to school this Fall to finish up my BS in Biology (with a focus in PA).  I have 30 more credits to finish.  

WIll my pharmacy experience count for anything? From an admissions point of view, how would you react to a student like me?

Thank you for reading this. Hope to hear from you soon =).