Ask a PA Admissions Director

@jmassaro1 Thank you for your question. If you want to send an update via email to the admissions person I don't think it will hurt anything. You seem to have quality experience so far, and good things to add to your application are enhancers. Make sure you're updating your hours the way the program has requested (if they've provided this information). For example, we expect our applicants to update their hours by having their supervisor email me the number of hours they've completed since they've submitted their application. However, some programs may be fine with updates from the applicant. If nothing about how to update your file has been provided, send it from yourself. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions According to CASPA I have 1,440 HCE hours from 6 years ago; 2,100 other HCE hours and 47 shadowing hours. I started working as a medical assistant full time after I submitted my CASPA in Sept. Would you recommend sending an updated HCE hours document to the programs I have already applied to? I appreciate any advice.

@taurusrampage Thank you for your question. Yes, the interview is really one of the determining factors on whether or not we accept an applicant so preparing for it as much as you prepare your application is highly recommended.  I would learn how to communicate the following ideas:

Understanding of the physician/PA relationship
The current state of the health care system and how PAs will benefit the system.
Your preferred learning style
How  your health care experience and non-related HCE prepared you for PA school
Talk about yourself without rambling (know your strengths and weaknesses)
How you handle stress, failure or a disagreement with someone who was superior
Why you want to come to our program
Medical ethics (how you would handle ethical situations)

Hope this helps!!

Hello there paadmissions.

I have posted here with different questions and value your opinion. Again, thank you for taking your time to help all of us.

I would love your take on something weighing on my mind.

As I read the posts, I am very much impressed by everyone's stats. But I do not learn why or how these stats will equate to being a good PA.
High marks do surely indicate how well a student may fare in a Master's program.

With that said, I am sure this is where the interview comes into play.

My question for you is, in your experience in admissions, what do you look for in an interviewee? If you can reveal that?

If we all had the SAME stats, how do we distinguish ourselves from the next applicant? Other than by being ourselves (professional selves! Lol)

In a past post on this thread, I expressed my anxiety over not having a premium gpa.
I do have upward trend in my grades and am working to the best of my ability, but I do not see a 3.6, 3.8 or higher in my future, with past grades weighing me down. I am a nontrad student with a family. In respect to time and money, retaking courses from my early 20's would not be feasible.

However, I feel as though I will shine in other ways. GRE, personal statement, HCE.
And hopefully my personality and sincerity about learning the profession will be showcased in an interview.

But never mind what we WANT to show you in an interview. What do you want to SEE in an interview that makes you think this student has what it takes?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

@paadmissions I was waitlisted at my top school and sent them an email asking where I was lacking in my application just like most programs suggest. I didn't hear anything after two weeks so I resent the email and a week later still have yet to hear back. Should I just ignore it or try calling? I know programs are very busy with getting back to people once decisions are made but is 3 weeks long enough to expect to hear back? I don't want to keep bothering them but I do feel like it's important to ask for applying to the program again next year. Thanks for your help!

@paadmissions Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to all of us who are wishing to become a PA. Just last week, I received my first acceptance letter from one of my top choice PA programs. They would like confirmation of acceptance along with a hefty deposit by next week in order to reserve a seat in their PA program. However, this weekend I have an interview at my other top choice PA program as well and would like to keep my options open. Both schools give scholarships that all of their students are automatically eligible for upon acceptance. Right now, if I get accepted to the other PA program, I think my decision will ultimately come down to whatever is more financially feasible. In the case that I am accepted to both, will I have to make a decision as soon as I am given a deadline for the second PA program? I ask this because I was hoping to see if I would be eligible for the scholarships at either, but it seems that the scholarship recipients will not be decided until the end of the application cycle. Is there any way you would recommend for me to go about this? How do people usually accept their admission acceptances in a rolling admissions process? Do people just keep saying yes to every school and paying the money as they progress along the application cycle, and then deny the previous one they said yes to until they get to their top choice? I am sorry for the amount of questions, but this rolling admissions process still confuses me a bit. I am not sure how people reserve their seat, even if they are still interviewing at other schools. Thanks in advance!!

@paadmissions 

Like everyone else, thanks so much for your work. You're helping so many of us.

Out of undergrad, I had a GPA of 3.3 with a Science GPA of 3.1, mainly due to poor performances in Chemistry (C's in Orgo). Unfortunately, I wasn't wise enough at the time to retake the courses and continued on. I also recently completed a MPH degree with a GPA of 3.5. Everyone says my GRE scores of 158, 155 & 4.5 are competitive enough that I don't need to retake it and I'm currently an EMT-B with a little over 1,000 hours. One summer of research, about 700 hours of various community service, etc.

Through 2 attempts so far, adcoms seem to gloss over me. I'm curious what deficiency you seem most glaring. Retaking those undergrad classes, more community service or just more time and experience in health care? At this time in my life, it's hard to nail down a focus on one area to concentrate on for the next cycle, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am a registered dietitian trying to gain entry into a pa program this cycle. I have been rejected from OHSU w/ no interview, and rejected from Pacific U after an interview. Besides clearly needing to work on my interview skills :) I am wondering what are the most important factors I should focus on for next cycle as this cycle has not turned out how I expected (obviously knew it would be difficult but also thought I had a really good shot). I have not heard anything from Samuel Merritt so I am certainly not expecting that to pan out. I also threw an app out to the new Johnson and Wales program for the heck of it. I have come to terms with the fact that I will likely live away far from my husband for 2+ years while pursuing this dream. very sad face :( as we already did 1 year when I was in my RD internship...)  Stats:

GPA 3.8ish (taken ochem, biochem, and about every class in the book as I wasn't sure what I wanted to be for awhile) - BS in Dietetics

~3500 hrs direct patient care - almost 3 years working in LTC/rehab as RD plus my one year of internship which involved lots of ICU/NICU, and every area of medicine

Currently working in Public Health part-time RD serving my rural community and also shadowing the PAs at this outpt clinic (only ~25 hrs volunteering @ the time of CASPA)

Volunteer with my dog as a therapy dog where I worked previously

Volunteer installing solar on low-income housing

solid LORs (consultant RD, Nurse manager, and MD) - no PA which may be a big deal to some schools?

I have 2 outstanding classes that needed updating - micro and anatomy - will be done with A's in both in 5 weeks (may have knocked me down a notch on my app?)

I know I need more shadowing in different areas of medicine - maybe more clinical volunteering - should I branch out and do a CNA course or something? I worked so hard and put so much time/money into my RD training and I guess I am just frustrated with how schools may be viewing it. I also spent so much time just holding patients' hands, doing anything I could to make their lives a little better, so I had patient contact daily....just not doing dressing changes or giving meds or physically assisting with ADLs (although I shadowed the heck out of dressing changes and anything else I could). And that is why I am becoming a PA - so I can not feel so helpless, so I can answer their questions, physically help them, so I can make the difference I know I am capable of making. Dramatic maybe, but true and I am just frustrated......also any RDs out there with any thoughts PLEASE contact me!

Thank you so very much for your time!

~Sarah

@emarv Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay. The first thing I noticed were the Cs in your chemistries. From my standpoint, I would recommend you consider retaking those courses to boost your performance in those classes. Also look at the other prerequisites and determine if you need retake any of those. You can request feedback from the programs you've applied to just to make sure my advice is in line with their thoughts. I agree that GRE and HCE hours are solid. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions 

Like everyone else, thanks so much for your work. You're helping so many of us.

Out of undergrad, I had a GPA of 3.3 with a Science GPA of 3.1, mainly due to poor performances in Chemistry (C's in Orgo). Unfortunately, I wasn't wise enough at the time to retake the courses and continued on. I also recently completed a MPH degree with a GPA of 3.5. Everyone says my GRE scores of 158, 155 & 4.5 are competitive enough that I don't need to retake it and I'm currently an EMT-B with a little over 1,000 hours. One summer of research, about 700 hours of various community service, etc.

Through 2 attempts so far, adcoms seem to gloss over me. I'm curious what deficiency you seem most glaring. Retaking those undergrad classes, more community service or just more time and experience in health care? At this time in my life, it's hard to nail down a focus on one area to concentrate on for the next cycle, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

@mainerRD12 Thank you for your question. Your academic stats (GPA) look solid. What were your GRE scores? Did you seek feedback from OHSU in regards to why no interview was extended? I would do that because outside of your grades, there seems to be other holes in your application that I'm not seeing. I would find a PA to shadow so you have a PA write a LOR especially if it is required that a PA write a letter on your behalf. However, I don't think that would be the main reason why an interview wasn't extended, but I could be wrong. Did you seek feedback after your interview with PU? Hopefully, improving your interview skills will be the only thing you need to do going forward and as you apply to other schools. Feel free to respond. Thanks!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am a registered dietitian trying to gain entry into a pa program this cycle. I have been rejected from OHSU w/ no interview, and rejected from Pacific U after an interview. Besides clearly needing to work on my interview skills :) I am wondering what are the most important factors I should focus on for next cycle as this cycle has not turned out how I expected (obviously knew it would be difficult but also thought I had a really good shot). I have not heard anything from Samuel Merritt so I am certainly not expecting that to pan out. I also threw an app out to the new Johnson and Wales program for the heck of it. I have come to terms with the fact that I will likely live away far from my husband for 2+ years while pursuing this dream. very sad face :( as we already did 1 year when I was in my RD internship...)  Stats:

GPA 3.8ish (taken ochem, biochem, and about every class in the book as I wasn't sure what I wanted to be for awhile) - BS in Dietetics

~3500 hrs direct patient care - almost 3 years working in LTC/rehab as RD plus my one year of internship which involved lots of ICU/NICU, and every area of medicine

Currently working in Public Health part-time RD serving my rural community and also shadowing the PAs at this outpt clinic (only ~25 hrs volunteering @ the time of CASPA)

Volunteer with my dog as a therapy dog where I worked previously

Volunteer installing solar on low-income housing

solid LORs (consultant RD, Nurse manager, and MD) - no PA which may be a big deal to some schools?

I have 2 outstanding classes that needed updating - micro and anatomy - will be done with A's in both in 5 weeks (may have knocked me down a notch on my app?)

I know I need more shadowing in different areas of medicine - maybe more clinical volunteering - should I branch out and do a CNA course or something? I worked so hard and put so much time/money into my RD training and I guess I am just frustrated with how schools may be viewing it. I also spent so much time just holding patients' hands, doing anything I could to make their lives a little better, so I had patient contact daily....just not doing dressing changes or giving meds or physically assisting with ADLs (although I shadowed the heck out of dressing changes and anything else I could). And that is why I am becoming a PA - so I can not feel so helpless, so I can answer their questions, physically help them, so I can make the difference I know I am capable of making. Dramatic maybe, but true and I am just frustrated......also any RDs out there with any thoughts PLEASE contact me!

Thank you so very much for your time!

~Sarah

@tdukich Thanks for you for your question. I would recommend retakes in Chem II and Org II. If Physics is required for the programs you're applying to, a retake in one or both of them would not hurt. I don't know of many programs (at least in my area) that require physics, but committees do consider other upper level courses that you've taken...so even if they don't require it you still may want to consider retaking one or both. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions

Firstly thanks so much for all the helpful responses! This thread rocks. 

I have a B.S. Neuroscience and an overall good application except for my low science GPA - 3.2 (interestingly a lot of my neuroscience courses did not count in the caspa Science gpa i.e. psychopharmacology, brain and behavior, systems nsci, brain and language). Overall I have a 3.5 cumulative.

I have Cs in:
Gen Chem I & II (taken Freshman year)

Physics II (taken Sophomore year)
Statistics for Scientists (taken Sophomore year - doesn't count for sciGPA tho)

Organic Chem II (taken Senior year - but I have medical/personal reasons for this score) 

I am comfortable in higher level biology classes, excel in labs, and am doing well in both Anatomy & Physiology and Biochemistry that I'm taking post-bacc right now.

Currently in order to get it up to a 3.4 science I would need to take 15 more credit hours. Do you think I should retake Gen Chem I & II and Physics I & II in order to get it up to a 3.4? Would this be at all valuable?

I realize that the advice is usually "take higher level biology classes." Problem is, I've taken them. Community colleges around me do not offer classes higher than I have already taken. I can't really afford to pay tuition at a university to take 15 credits of upper level biology classes, either. My biology GPA is a solid 3.8, but its not making up for the C's in 4 credit classes aforementioned.  

What do I do?

@julie Herninger Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay. I would hold off on contacting them again. As of now you're waitlisted which means there is a chance you could be accepted. If a seat does not open up I would call the program and seek feedback at that point. Sometimes applicants ask the same question to us and I tell them I'd rather hold off on providing that feedback until we know the final result. It's unfortunate that you haven't heard back as a courtesy, but all programs operate differently. Hope this helps and fingers crossed!

@paadmissions I was waitlisted at my top school and sent them an email asking where I was lacking in my application just like most programs suggest. I didn't hear anything after two weeks so I resent the email and a week later still have yet to hear back. Should I just ignore it or try calling? I know programs are very busy with getting back to people once decisions are made but is 3 weeks long enough to expect to hear back? I don't want to keep bothering them but I do feel like it's important to ask for applying to the program again next year. Thanks for your help!

@vyingfor2015 Thank you for your question and what a nice problem to have :)!!! The unfortunate thing from my end is that we have applicants every cycle who pay enrollment deposits at several different programs until they decide which one they want to attend. It's frustrating on my end, but it is the nature of the beast in PA admissions. I personally would prefer applicants don't do that as it takes seats away from applicants who really want to attend the program, but again, there's nothing we can do to stop someone from taking that route. I've had some applicants be in the same situation as you and they have actually asked if an extension to the deadline can be made to allow the student to make the decision. On the rare occasion that happens, we have granted a small extension to the deadline, but I can't say with confidence every program would be willing to work with applicants that way. The scholarship "unknown" factor is a hard thing to predict and I don't think a program could tell you yes or no at this point if they wait until they fill the class to determine who gets the scholarship. It's a difficult, but exciting decision you'll be making soon, but ultimately you will have to make the decision to pay multiple deposits just in case...or just go with your gut and stick with one program. I hope this helps some. Best wishes! 

@paadmissions Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to all of us who are wishing to become a PA. Just last week, I received my first acceptance letter from one of my top choice PA programs. They would like confirmation of acceptance along with a hefty deposit by next week in order to reserve a seat in their PA program. However, this weekend I have an interview at my other top choice PA program as well and would like to keep my options open. Both schools give scholarships that all of their students are automatically eligible for upon acceptance. Right now, if I get accepted to the other PA program, I think my decision will ultimately come down to whatever is more financially feasible. In the case that I am accepted to both, will I have to make a decision as soon as I am given a deadline for the second PA program? I ask this because I was hoping to see if I would be eligible for the scholarships at either, but it seems that the scholarship recipients will not be decided until the end of the application cycle. Is there any way you would recommend for me to go about this? How do people usually accept their admission acceptances in a rolling admissions process? Do people just keep saying yes to every school and paying the money as they progress along the application cycle, and then deny the previous one they said yes to until they get to their top choice? I am sorry for the amount of questions, but this rolling admissions process still confuses me a bit. I am not sure how people reserve their seat, even if they are still interviewing at other schools. Thanks in advance!!

@paadmissions

Hi,

I'm currently in my second cycle of applying to PA schools. A bit about me...I'm a late 20s applicant, been working in health care for a while, good grades, etc. However, I haven't received an interview yet from any school either last cycle or this. On the CASPA website, unfortunately I had to check the box concerning whether I've ever been convicted of a misdemeanor. In the span of two semesters in college I plead guilty to a class 4 misdemeanor (traffic related), a class 3 misdemeanor (traffic related), and...a two class 1 misdemeanors (minor in possession of alcohol, and obstruction of law - both related to being present at a college party that got broken up by police). All of the misdemeanors were paid with fines and my record has been clean since. This happened about 7 years ago, so I'm hoping time proves that I've matured into a more responsible adult. Additionally, I am in the process of having the state where the offenses occurred being "sided" by a judge in that state. Being "sided" is analogous to expungement in states where formal expungement isn't offered. What the "siding" means is that the conviction still appears on your record but a judge issues a statement saying that, in essence, please consider the individual rehabilitated and not at risk for repeat behavior. (Even more) additionally, I voluntarily did extensive community service for close to a full year after the convictions occurred. I did this on my own volition, solely because I thought it was the right thing to do.

My question: Are the misdemeanor convictions going to immediately preclude me from getting an interview? My application package is otherwise very solid from what I've been told, so I'm wondering if my criminal record may be the main reason where schools are declining to interview me. From an admissions director standpoint, is this an absolute red flag to offering an interview to an otherwise very qualified applicant?

Thank you very much for your response,

RealWayPA

@paadmissions

First, I would like to thank you for providing this thread. It truly helps more than I can say.

I am one of those individuals who has had a complete change in career goals. I graduated in '12 with a bachelors in economics, only to learn quickly that I had no desire to be in such a field. After deciding to "start over" I began working as a pharmacy technician and remained there for a year and a half. It was during this time that I learned of a career as a physician Assistant. Without dragging this out more than necessary, I went back to school and have been taking the science courses that most programs require for roughly the last 2 years. 

I started working as a full-time nursing assistant roughly 6 months ago and I began volunteering at a free healthcare clinic. I am writing you now because although I do have a 3.75 prereq GPA, my overall is sitting flat at a 3.2 and by the time the next CASPA cycle arrives my HCE will only be at about 2000 hours (not including the pharmacy work). I have to admit, I am much happier working as an NA than any previous job. I love working in the hospital. Having said that, I have grown tremendously discouraged as I am already drowning in school loans while bringing in a very little income and with the competitive nature in this application process I wonder how long I can last. I know I am moving in the right direction, I just could really use some guidance here. Should I consider a stepping stone like respiratory therapy or should I stop whining and keep doing what I'm doing (maybe take more courses) and apply as soon as CASPA opens?

If there is any advice you can offer me I would be incredibly grateful. 

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays

@ssmith Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay. It may be somewhat of a red flag for an applicant to be doing retakes at a different school, especially if you are retaking them at a community college level.  I would make sure to have an explanation both in your personal statement and if you're offered an interview be ready to address it. I would imagine it would be a question that could be asked by an admissions committee. Hope this helps.

Your advice on this forum has been awesome! I had a thought cross my mind.
How would admissions committees look at a student taking the same science course from different schools during the same semester?

@alexpittsburgh Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay.  I would think that you're moving in the right direction for a lot of programs. It is typical of a lot of our applicants to have NA (CNA) experience prior to PA school. I can't say that changing "careers" to a RT at this point would add so much more to your application that it would make you stand out versus other applicants. That said, before applying I would reach out to the programs that interest you to make sure your academics are solid (they sound like they are) and other selection factors like HCE, GRE, etc. are also on par with what they are looking for. Just based on what you've posted here, I would recommend you going ahead with applying the next cycle, but to be sure, I would feel more comfortable strongly encouraging you to check with the programs now to plan ahead for April. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions

First, I would like to thank you for providing this thread. It truly helps more than I can say.

I am one of those individuals who has had a complete change in career goals. I graduated in '12 with a bachelors in economics, only to learn quickly that I had no desire to be in such a field. After deciding to "start over" I began working as a pharmacy technician and remained there for a year and a half. It was during this time that I learned of a career as a physician Assistant. Without dragging this out more than necessary, I went back to school and have been taking the science courses that most programs require for roughly the last 2 years. 

I started working as a full-time nursing assistant roughly 6 months ago and I began volunteering at a free healthcare clinic. I am writing you now because although I do have a 3.75 prereq GPA, my overall is sitting flat at a 3.2 and by the time the next CASPA cycle arrives my HCE will only be at about 2000 hours (not including the pharmacy work). I have to admit, I am much happier working as an NA than any previous job. I love working in the hospital. Having said that, I have grown tremendously discouraged as I am already drowning in school loans while bringing in a very little income and with the competitive nature in this application process I wonder how long I can last. I know I am moving in the right direction, I just could really use some guidance here. Should I consider a stepping stone like respiratory therapy or should I stop whining and keep doing what I'm doing (maybe take more courses) and apply as soon as CASPA opens?

If there is any advice you can offer me I would be incredibly grateful. 

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays

I was waitlisted at a school and thought it would be a good idea to write a letter to the Admissions director and program director expressing my interest and desire to be accepted. I kept it short (no more than half a page typed) but now I am wondering if this could be seen as a bad thing?
Any tips are much appreciated! Thanks

@paadmissions

Hello, I was hoping I could get your advice about this.

I already have a BS in Human Biology but since my classes are beyond Most schools time limit I have to retake a lot of the perquisites. I was wondering if I take them at a 4 year college will i be more competitive as oppose to taking them at a community college? Would it even matter in my situation because I already have a degree?

Thanks

@ma2pa I am in the same situation. The first program I was going to apply to required all prerequisite to be completed in the last 10 years. Even though I work in a medical field they were gonna make me take 15 classes including Med Term again! I've decided to apply to a different school and have similar situation but only A&P have to be within the last 5 years. So only one retake. That school actually sent me online options for taking it and worked with me in order to make sure the classes I took at a local CC were equivalent.

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@paadmissions 

Thank you so much for this thread. The advice here is incredibly helpful.

I have applied to 8 programs this year, received interview invitations from 2 and haven't heard anything from the other 6 programs (aside from an e-mail informing me that my application is complete). I submitted my application to CASPA and it was completed and verified in mid August.

Should I be expecting denial letter to these schools? Everything I have read discourages calling to inquire about my status. I have been told that no news is good news but I am beginning to wonder how true that is. 

Do most schools send out denial letters at the end of the application cycle or will they be sent out as decisions are made? 

Hello PA admissions Director,

I found myself constantly thinking 'i should have done this or that' after an interview. I regard why did I only apply to 2 schools after seeing others applied to many for more chances to be accepted. I know it is over and i need to move on. This is problemetic.

Here is my little background. I went back to college in my mid-20s. After graduation I moved to a rural industrial town and worked as the only dietitian there for 3 years. During that time, I developed a strong passion to becoming a PA to work in an underserved area. Half year ago I have moved back to a metropolitan city to my husband and only worked part-time in order to volunteer more (there were rarely any volunteer opportunities when i was in a rural town). I have really good LOR from one MD and my boss. My GPA is 3.4-3.5. I shadowed an MD and PA together in a 9 mos period (varies hours weekly depends on my work) and they taught me physical examination skills. 

I only applied to 2 schools this cycle due to current financial constraint. I completed 1 interview 3 weeks ago. One school will not mail out any invites or interviews until Jan/Feb 2015. The school I interviewed with is known to give out acceptance calls within 1-3 days. After reviewing my interview performance with others, I was told i didn't sell myself good enough .I also failed to give answer succinctly. I felt I was too relaxed and I might shown to the committees that i was too confident. It was not a good one.

I need to plan out to re-apply more schools including 2 applied now in my next year application cycle. There are so many things i can do to be a strong applicant (e.g. (1)take spanish classes, (2)take GRE, (3)retake physiology - i had "A" but over 5 years ago, (4) take science class that doesn't required, (5) take a per-diem/part time job in other medical field such as scribes open my horizon, (6)volunteer more) but i need to balance my finance. What are the useful one(s) ?

Other things bother me the most are : (1) My highlight and passion is work in a rural area but there has been no openings for past few months. When i re-apply will i lose my highlight if i pick jobs in the city? (2)I believe i have excellent LOR as they know me/my ability very well, can i re-use it ? 

Sorry for my long message. I just need a listener and some advice to better plan next year. I can't and I won't give up.  

Thank you very much.

-wpy

@futurepa71 Thank you for your question and I'm sorry for the delay. A well rounded applicant possess the following attributes. Remember, every program has different criteria and may look for more or less, but I think these are fairly common across the board. 

- Solid, consistent and upward academic performance in the classroom. You've got to have the knowledge to get through the curriculum

- Good communication skills (verbal and written)

- Likability

- Strong interpersonal skills

- No predictors that would hint towards issues with fellow students, instructors, and preceptors.

- Reliability

- Realistic view of oneself and life in general

- Self-awareness (knowing your strength and weaknesses)

- Maturity

- Adaptability

- Understanding of the team concept 

- Understanding of the PA/physician relationship.

- Strong desire to enter into medicine as a PA--not just because you want to help people or that medical school didn't work out.

- Strong desire to enter a particular field. This attribute is for those  programs that may have a specific focus like primary care or rural medicine. 

Hope this helps!

I posted this as a separate topic, but I would like to get your opinion as well.

What makes an outstanding PA applicant?