Ask a PA Admissions Director

@itzhieuy Thank you for your question. I would guesstimate that you would be a middle of the road applicant for most programs. This year the applicant pools continues to get more competitive so it's important that you have strong scores in the majority of the prerequisites for the programs that interest you. We're not all looking for straight A students, but remember if you have straight Bs that only equates to a 3.0..so you'll need strong scores sprinkled in somewhere (preferably in the upper-level biology and chemistry classes) to boost your performance. Also, I think you'll need different health care experience to meet the requirements for programs that require HCE. I would encourage you to seek CNA, EMT, medical assisting hours, etc. to show better experience and more exposure to PAs. Hope this helps!

Hello PA admissions,

I am currently a 24 year old graduate with a 3.3 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA.
I have not yet taken the GRE and my other health care experience is 2000+ hours of recovering ocular tissue from donors (whole globes and corneas). What would you recommend me do to improve my chances for applying?
My volunteering experiences are
-approximately 120 hours in the hospital
-30 hours of community service

Extracurricular
-multiple leadership roles in various organizations including member of student conduct board at my college

My grades were mostly B's with some A's and the only courses that I received C's in are anatomy, chemistry 2 and statistics (All of which I plan on retaking)

@forensikchic You're not the only one who has ever had an emotional moment during an interview so don't get too down on yourself :) We realize the stress you all are under and if you were able to compose yourself and move on with the interview maybe you were not perceived as bad as you think you were. I know very little about MMI interviews, but the good thing about that type of set up is that you have a chance to redeem yourself quite a bit through out the interview process. So this one "hiccup" may have only been just a hiccup. Hopefully, the remainder of your interviews and interactions through the day were enough to help you be successful. Fingers crossed for a positive result!

Dear PA admissions,

I recently had an MMI interview.  At one station I was asked something to the effect of "why should we pick you".  I was prepared to answer it- had thought about my qualities and what makes me different than the rest and when the buzzer sounded, I entered the room to defend my position.  After shaking hands and introductions, I began to answer the question.  When I opened my mouth, I realized I was crying.  I could not speak clearly.  The tears were flowing.  She handed me a tissue.  It came out of nowhere!  I stood there saying "I dont know where this came from. Its just been such a long hard road to get here" and took a few seconds to compose myself and I pressed on.  I refocused on the task at hand and tried to keep the emotions in check while telling my story and trying to be sure I mentioned all my attributes that I felt  might set me apart from others.  She smiled mostly but i could not read her.  My question for you is, do you think that emotion will keep me from getting a seat?  I was not just blubbering but it was quite emotional for a minute or two, until I could speak clearly again.  I think I did well on the other stations, finishing them early and getting to ask questions myself.  I feel good overall about how it went but this station and this unexpected emotion took me aback.  (I did notice she had tissues though, so maybe others have the same reaction on this question). Also, it was right after a very stressful station where you had a problem to solve in a time limit and a persons safety was at risk!  I guess it was too much for me.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks!

@taiki Thank you for your question. From our standpoint, I would agree that if you are invited for an interview, most of the time the decision is based on your interview. We do interview a few "middle of the road" applicants who we feel based on experience, strong recent performance in the prerequisites (they typically have a lower overall GPA) and strong test scores have shown their potential to be successful. The interview responses are very important to support their application...but this is also as true for the 3.8 applicant. It wouldn't hurt to follow up with the program that rejected  you to see if it was your interview performance that deny your acceptance, if it was mostly due to academics or a combination of both. That way you can get a better understanding on whether or not you need to make more improvements to your academics or interview skills. If we deny someone after an interview, 9 times out of 10 there were concerns with the applicant fitting in with the program and is a result of their personality, not grades. Hope this helps!

Dear PA Admissions:

Thank you ahead of time for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate it.

I was fortunate enough to get interviews from multiple schools, even though my overall GPA is on the lower end of the spectrum.  The rest of my application must have been strong enough to offset my GPA and grant me an invitation to interview.  I have already interviewed at one school and received a rejection.  I have reflected what I may have done/or not done at the interview to improve for my next interview but my weaker GPA lingers on my mind.

My question is: at this stage of the process, where you have been granted an interview, how much does your GPA come in to play?  I've heard many individuals say that the interview is all about your personality and communication skills.  Your application and stats get you the interview, the acceptance call is dependent primarily on how well you interview.  Is this an accurate statement in your opinion, or does your GPA still heavily influence the admissions committee at this point?

Thank you.

@zoopeda Thank you for your question. Rolling admissions tends to frustrate a lot of applicants, but unfortunately that's the nature of the beast when it comes to those type of set ups. Our program is rolling admissions and we only allow a total of 5 letters of recommendation (so 2 additional letters outside of the 3 CASPA letters). If you have someone in mind to submit an additional letter on your behalf, I would prefer to see a PA write the letter IF you have spent quality time with this person and they can write a thorugh evaluation of your academic performance (have them review your transcripts) all the way to your patient interactions and professionalism. It may help support your application more, but I can't speak for other programs that it would help your chances to get an interview. Hope this helps. 

Dear director,
When a school on rolling admissions seems to be taking extra time after an interview to make a decision, would it increase my odds of acceptance to have a PA or MD send the committee an additional letter of support before a decision is reached, or would this be viewed as overkill/excessive/aggressive? (Assume the letter would be a positive one.). I've already sent them a resume update after receiving a relevant job promotion. Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you!!

Dear PA Admissions,

Thanks for helping us all out!

I applied to programs for this cycle, but a little late in August. I'm a little scared, as there was a short period of downward trending grades on my transcripts in the later years in PT grad school. I was stuck with some family issues at that time, and ended up leaving the program to take care of it, but my grades have since been upward trending.

My cPGA is a 3.36 and sGPA is 3.32. I have all A's and B's in the pre-reqs (with retakes for classes which I received C's)

GRE

Verbal: 151

Quant: 155

Analytical: 4.5

Extracurricular:

PT Aide ~1500 hours

EMT ~1000 hours

ER Scribe ~3000 hours

ER Volunteer ~380 hours

Hospital Volunteer ~ 60 hours

Worked in youth basketball league ~3000 hours

Habitat for Humanity 16 hours

50 hours in PA shadowing (ER, Allergy/Immunology, Heme/Onc, and Pediatrics)

I explained on my application why I left PT school and the reason for my change in focus for a career, but I think that my poor grades and withdrawing from my PT program have really hurt my chances. I was thinking of getting an MPH to help enhance my application, but I was wondering if there were any other post baccalaureate/masters programs out there that would help me. Do you have any other advice that would help me out?

Hello,

I greatly appreciate what you are doing in providing help, advice, suggestions, and overall guidance for those of us who are in the process of preparing for PA programs. 

Like any other prospective student, I am very curious as to know whether or not I stand a chance when I begin applying this next upcoming April. That being said, as I prefer to have some things kept private with regards to grades, would it be possible/appropriate to exchange my personal transcripts and experiences with you via email and receive some feedback that way? 

Thank you very much, 

prePA3 

• Upvote 1

Dear PA Admissions Director, 

I was hoping you could tell me my competitiveness for my future application this upcoming cycle and answer a few questions.

Undergrad GPA: 3.09 

Post-bac Science GPA: 4.0 (all prereqs completed)

Combined Science GPA: 3.26

Certifications/Training: EMT-B cert, ALCS

Clinical Experience: Critical Care Cardiac Monitor Technician ( 2000 hrs roughly at time of application)

Volunteer: Local medical and dental clinic that provides free care to low-come residents of my county (Duties include documenting medical history, blood pressure, blood sugar, and clerical work) 200 hrs 

PA/Physician Shadowing: 

- 30 hrs shadowing a Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery PA

- 15 hrs shadowing Orthopedic PAs

- 30 hrs shadowing Family Practice PAs

- 50 hrs shadowing Critical Care Intensivist MDs and NPs

Letters of Rec:

- Director of Critical Care (supervisor)

- Intensivist/Pulmonology MD

- Orthopedic PA

- Cardiothoracic Surgical PA

Hello everyone! 

I've been following this forum for a few years now but I haven't posted anything yet. I'm in need of some desperate feed back. I have applied to PA schools the past 3 cycles and I haven't been accepted yet. My first cycle I was offered an interview and placed on Emory's waiting list. The first two cycles I applied to +10 schools and this past cycle I applied to one school, MUSC in Charleston, SC and wasn't offered an interview.

Undergrad: Virginia Tech with Psychology Major/Sociology Minor 

Undergrad Overall: 2.95

Post-Bac:3.59 

Currently taking: Organic Chemistry and General Genetics 

GRE: A:147 Q:147 W:4

HCE: 

Certified Nursing Assistant working in Emergency Department- 200 hours as of now

Chief Scribe/Scribe- +5,000 hours

Medical Scribe Program Coordinator +1,000 hours

Certified Wilderness First Responder

American Heart Associated BLS Responder Certified 

Extracurriculars: Athletic Training Club, Physical Therapy Club, Red Cross Club, Women's Lacrosse, plenty of community service hours donating books to medical clinics in DC, ect.

Any recommendations for how I can strengthen my application? There is only so much damage control you can do to help with the Undergrad G.P.A. I'm getting discouraged in terms of my situation and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

@kyle10 Thank you for your question. I would recommend a post-bacc program that has courses that are prerequisites for PA schools. It's difficult not to have concerns about your performance in PT school. That said, before starting any program you may want to meet with the programs that interest you to see if completing another program (master's or post bacc) is worth the time just in case the PT school performance is the eliminating factor no matter what steps are taken. Hope this helps.

Dear PA Admissions,

Thanks for helping us all out!

I applied to programs for this cycle, but a little late in August. I'm a little scared, as there was a short period of downward trending grades on my transcripts in the later years in PT grad school. I was stuck with some family issues at that time, and ended up leaving the program to take care of it, but my grades have since been upward trending.

My cPGA is a 3.36 and sGPA is 3.32. I have all A's and B's in the pre-reqs (with retakes for classes which I received C's)

GRE

Verbal: 151

Quant: 155

Analytical: 4.5

Extracurricular:

PT Aide ~1500 hours

EMT ~1000 hours

ER Scribe ~3000 hours

ER Volunteer ~380 hours

Hospital Volunteer ~ 60 hours

Worked in youth basketball league ~3000 hours

Habitat for Humanity 16 hours

50 hours in PA shadowing (ER, Allergy/Immunology, Heme/Onc, and Pediatrics)

I explained on my application why I left PT school and the reason for my change in focus for a career, but I think that my poor grades and withdrawing from my PT program have really hurt my chances. I was thinking of getting an MPH to help enhance my application, but I was wondering if there were any other post baccalaureate/masters programs out there that would help me. Do you have any other advice that would help me out?

@cs_1531 Thank you for your questions. I would want to review your post bacc work to determine the following:

- Where you took your classes

- Which classes were taken

- How many classes were taken in one semester.

I think your other factors are strong and of course GRE scores would be factored in if the program required them. You can email me your transcripts at jmish@methodist.edu so I can offer a fair and more educated opinion. Thanks!

Dear PA Admissions Director, 

I was hoping you could tell me my competitiveness for my future application this upcoming cycle and answer a few questions.

Undergrad GPA: 3.09 

Post-bac Science GPA: 4.0 (all prereqs completed)

Combined Science GPA: 3.26

Certifications/Training: EMT-B cert, ALCS

Clinical Experience: Critical Care Cardiac Monitor Technician ( 2000 hrs roughly at time of application)

Volunteer: Local medical and dental clinic that provides free care to low-come residents of my county (Duties include documenting medical history, blood pressure, blood sugar, and clerical work) 200 hrs 

PA/Physician Shadowing: 

- 30 hrs shadowing a Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery PA

- 15 hrs shadowing Orthopedic PAs

- 30 hrs shadowing Family Practice PAs

- 50 hrs shadowing Critical Care Intensivist MDs and NPs

Letters of Rec:

- Director of Critical Care (supervisor)

- Intensivist/Pulmonology MD

- Orthopedic PA

- Cardiothoracic Surgical PA

@mklarkin13 Thank you for your question. Like in my previous post I would want to evaluate your post bacc work to get an idea of what courses you took and where you took them. From our program's standpoint your GRE scores need to come up. We recommend at least a 297, and if you're at 300 or higher you'll be in a better spot. If you want to email me your transcripts feel free: jmish@methodist.edu. Thanks!

Hello everyone! 

I've been following this forum for a few years now but I haven't posted anything yet. I'm in need of some desperate feed back. I have applied to PA schools the past 3 cycles and I haven't been accepted yet. My first cycle I was offered an interview and placed on Emory's waiting list. The first two cycles I applied to +10 schools and this past cycle I applied to one school, MUSC in Charleston, SC and wasn't offered an interview.

Undergrad: Virginia Tech with Psychology Major/Sociology Minor 

Undergrad Overall: 2.95

Post-Bac:3.59 

Currently taking: Organic Chemistry and General Genetics 

GRE: A:147 Q:147 W:4

HCE: 

Certified Nursing Assistant working in Emergency Department- 200 hours as of now

Chief Scribe/Scribe- +5,000 hours

Medical Scribe Program Coordinator +1,000 hours

Certified Wilderness First Responder

American Heart Associated BLS Responder Certified 

Extracurriculars: Athletic Training Club, Physical Therapy Club, Red Cross Club, Women's Lacrosse, plenty of community service hours donating books to medical clinics in DC, ect.

Any recommendations for how I can strengthen my application? There is only so much damage control you can do to help with the Undergrad G.P.A. I'm getting discouraged in terms of my situation and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advice needed. I am reapplying (again) for P.A. School. I want to get out of lobbying and into the healthcare field. I still plan to do public policy as a practitioner but not as my primary job.

Science GPA: 3.41

Undergrad GPA (1996): 3.29

Graduate GPA (Master of Public Health): 3.77

Post Bacc (20 hours): 4.0

Overall GPA: 3.4

GRE Verbal: 163; Quantitative: 158; Analytical Writing: 4.0

Work experience: 2000+ HCE hours as diagnostic imaging services testing coordinator for internal medicine clinic (underserved population)

Other experiences: HIV/AIDS behavioral research (CDC); advocacy for bill passage of no smoking in restaurants and bars (MN); advocacy for unprecedented increases in state funding for affordable housing and homelessness (MN); Hurricanes Katrina and Rita - coordination of emergency relief efforts for LA. (Leadership and community service are my strong suits, the only weakness I can surmise here is that I've been out of the public health/medical arena for some time)

Other weaknesses: C in Organic Chemistry 2 (which I plan to correct this spring). I also finished my application right on the deadline. Since this was the first year I applied to more than one school I wasn't aware that more application materials were needed in addition to CASPA. So I ended up turning in supplemental questions/narratives late.

Major screwup: I had been recruited by a local school opening a new program and invited to interview there. I delayed the application because I was lobbying for an increase in funding to affordable housing and homeless programs and had no time to take the prerequisites during legislative session (3 were required - there was no way). I was also super confident at the time since I had already proven myself in many areas. However, the following year I didn't get invited for an interview at the school. The adcomm explained they had received so many apps with 4.0 GPAs. I was floored.

As a Gen Xer, that really opened my eyes to the new millenia - and grade inflation. 4.0 GPAs were so rare for STEM majors at Texas A&M University in the 90s, and from what I understand - still are at TAMU but not for many other schools. (For the cost of education these days, they better make it worthwhile!) I can't go back and change that GPA now (or the school) but it's super frustrating when you've taken some science courses over and keep scoring over 97% in the classes and can't even land an interview. (I made a 103% in Chemistry last year!)

Do I give up? What gives? Will I never get in with an overall 3.29 GPA from 2 decades ago?

Or will I finally be taken seriously if I 1. take Org Chem 2 over and get an A (which I'm confident I can do this after recently scoring a 103% in reg Chem., 98% in Biochem); 2. get my applications in early; and 3. volunteer at a local community health clinic serving the homeless?

hi i have a question .I m planning to enter a program that is on probation and scheduled for a site visit on march 2016.It has been a strong program till now and has never had their accreditation withdrawn .It s the first time this has happened to them and they seem to be making lots of changes to make sure they dont lose their accreditation.My question is if supposedly i enter this program now when it is on probationary accreditation and then its accrediitation gets withdrawn when i m in my clinical year,would I still be able to write the PANCE and work as a certified pa?Please help me out by replying to this question.thanks

Dear @paadmissions 

I completed half of my post-bac work at a local community college (because it was relatively cheap and much closer to my residence and the other half (upper level courses) at a state university. I took A&P 1 and 2, and medical terminology at the local CC with straight A's. I finished Orgo 1 and 2, and genetics at the state university attaining straight A's again. As far as the GRE, I scored a 308 (158 verbal: 150 quantitative).

Another quick question for you: I enrolled at the post-bac state university as a degree seeking student so that I could enroll into prereqs I needed before they were filled up(vs enrolling as a non-degree seeking student and hoping for a spot to be open). Will this be looked down upon by an admissions board?

Question for @paadmissions, recognizing you're swamped with questions- 

I work at a residential treatment center for teens- we deal primarily with trauma, addiction recovery, and adoption issues.  This is more of a mental health focus.  Does mental health categorization of HCE carry more or less weight depending on program or desired area of focus?  

I continue to make myself more well-rounded with EMT hours, but the bulk of my HCE (about 5000 hours as of now) will come from the mental health/therapeutic field.

Welcome feedback.  Thank you!

Dear @paadmissions

Thank you for answering our questions. Do PA committees look into college disciplinary records of applicants who are accepted? I ask this because I received a minor violation for running in the dorms a few years ago and it is recorded in the deans office (I had to write a apology letter.) I'm unsure whether to include this on my application next cycle, most have advised me to overlook it. It does not show up on my official transcript.

@mtcanon Thank you for your question. I think the plan you have in place will be a better one that you had before. The increased scores for the organic classes should certainly enhance your application. You may want to consider reaching out to admissions reps to see if they could review your transcripts and resumes to see if you would be a good fit for the program, and that there aren't holes in your application that you're overlooking. Better to get a straight forward answer than assuming decisions are based solely on academics. All programs have different approaches and not everyone who we accept has a 4.0 :) Hope this helps. 

Advice needed. I am reapplying (again) for P.A. School. I want to get out of lobbying and into the healthcare field. I still plan to do public policy as a practitioner but not as my primary job.

Science GPA: 3.41

Undergrad GPA (1996): 3.29

Graduate GPA (Master of Public Health): 3.77

Post Bacc (20 hours): 4.0

Overall GPA: 3.4

GRE Verbal: 163; Quantitative: 158; Analytical Writing: 4.0

Work experience: 2000+ HCE hours as diagnostic imaging services testing coordinator for internal medicine clinic (underserved population)

Other experiences: HIV/AIDS behavioral research (CDC); advocacy for bill passage of no smoking in restaurants and bars (MN); advocacy for unprecedented increases in state funding for affordable housing and homelessness (MN); Hurricanes Katrina and Rita - coordination of emergency relief efforts for LA. (Leadership and community service are my strong suits, the only weakness I can surmise here is that I've been out of the public health/medical arena for some time)

Other weaknesses: C in Organic Chemistry 2 (which I plan to correct this spring). I also finished my application right on the deadline. Since this was the first year I applied to more than one school I wasn't aware that more application materials were needed in addition to CASPA. So I ended up turning in supplemental questions/narratives late.

Major screwup: I had been recruited by a local school opening a new program and invited to interview there. I delayed the application because I was lobbying for an increase in funding to affordable housing and homeless programs and had no time to take the prerequisites during legislative session (3 were required - there was no way). I was also super confident at the time since I had already proven myself in many areas. However, the following year I didn't get invited for an interview at the school. The adcomm explained they had received so many apps with 4.0 GPAs. I was floored.

As a Gen Xer, that really opened my eyes to the new millenia - and grade inflation. 4.0 GPAs were so rare for STEM majors at Texas A&M University in the 90s, and from what I understand - still are at TAMU but not for many other schools. (For the cost of education these days, they better make it worthwhile!) I can't go back and change that GPA now (or the school) but it's super frustrating when you've taken some science courses over and keep scoring over 97% in the classes and can't even land an interview. (I made a 103% in Chemistry last year!)

Do I give up? What gives? Will I never get in with an overall 3.29 GPA from 2 decades ago?

Or will I finally be taken seriously if I 1. take Org Chem 2 over and get an A (which I'm confident I can do this after recently scoring a 103% in reg Chem., 98% in Biochem); 2. get my applications in early; and 3. volunteer at a local community health clinic serving the homeless?

@newbeginnings Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay.  I am pretty confident that the program is doing all it can to get their accreditation status back to normal. What I would encourage you to do on your interview day is to address this question to the admissions rep or program director. I have all ideas that they will probably be proactive and provide this information to the group of applicants interviewing. If they do not, make sure to ask them.  You will have to graduate from an accredited program to be eligible to sit for the PANCE. But again, I'm sure they are making the necessary changes requested by the ARC-PA. 

hi i have a question .I m planning to enter a program that is on probation and scheduled for a site visit on march 2016.It has been a strong program till now and has never had their accreditation withdrawn .It s the first time this has happened to them and they seem to be making lots of changes to make sure they dont lose their accreditation.My question is if supposedly i enter this program now when it is on probationary accreditation and then its accrediitation gets withdrawn when i m in my clinical year,would I still be able to write the PANCE and work as a certified pa?Please help me out by replying to this question.thanks

@cs_1531 Thank you for your question. I think the few classes you've taken at the cc will be ok and should not hurt your application too much...of course that depends on the preferences of the program you're applying to. You've helped your case with taking OC at the state university. Also, whether you enroll as degree-seeking or non-degree seeking doesn't matter to us...I've never heard another program mention anything like that to hurt an applicant's chances so you'll be fine (unless I've missed the boat on that preference ;)). GREs looks solid. Hope this helps! 

Dear @paadmissions 

I completed half of my post-bac work at a local community college (because it was relatively cheap and much closer to my residence and the other half (upper level courses) at a state university. I took A&P 1 and 2, and medical terminology at the local CC with straight A's. I finished Orgo 1 and 2, and genetics at the state university attaining straight A's again. As far as the GRE, I scored a 308 (158 verbal: 150 quantitative).

Another quick question for you: I enrolled at the post-bac state university as a degree seeking student so that I could enroll into prereqs I needed before they were filled up(vs enrolling as a non-degree seeking student and hoping for a spot to be open). Will this be looked down upon by an admissions board?

@cherlyne Thank you for your question. A MPH will help demonstrate you can handle a master's program, but keep in mind those classes don't replace a poor performance in prerequisites...at least from our standpoint. For example, if you've done bad in organic chemistry I, you'll find that most MPH programs don't have a Org class in their curriculum that would replace that score...unless the program you're applying to allows substitutions of similar classes. I usually encourage people to work on the prerequisites first before moving on to a master's program if that is the route you want to take. Hope this helps!

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if I received an Master's degree in Public Health with a focus on Epidemiology will that help strengthen my chances of getting into PA school, considering the fact that my undergraduate GPA is about a 2.8.

Best regards,

Cherlyne Cherenfant

@joeballent Thank you for your question. I'm not sure how many programs would count that experience. I would say we probably would not count that for our program, but would expect that you would put that experience in the "related healthcare" section of your application. Continue your EMT as that will be fine for everyone I'm sure. Hope this helps!

Question for @paadmissions, recognizing you're swamped with questions- 

I work at a residential treatment center for teens- we deal primarily with trauma, addiction recovery, and adoption issues.  This is more of a mental health focus.  Does mental health categorization of HCE carry more or less weight depending on program or desired area of focus?  

I continue to make myself more well-rounded with EMT hours, but the bulk of my HCE (about 5000 hours as of now) will come from the mental health/therapeutic field.

Welcome feedback.  Thank you!

Dear PaAdmissions,

I plan to apply for PA school as soon as CASPA opens up next year, however I will in the process of finishing up my last prerequisite(s) (Anatomy and Physiology 1&2). I will be able to finish with this requirement by the end of the summer, but I have all other requirements. The deadline for the PA schools I plan to apply to are August to November, but I do want to get my application in as early as possible. Will this be an issue with most PA schools? I have taken human physiology 1 and 2 as well, just without the anatomy portion if it helps.

Thanks you very much.

@lsmith21 Sorry for the delay. No, we would not go that far as to looking into someone's record especially if you were never dismissed or suspended from school. And no, I would not encourage you to put that on your application. If that's the worse thing you did in college I think you'll be ok ;)

Dear @paadmissions

Thank you for answering our questions. Do PA committees look into college disciplinary records of applicants who are accepted? I ask this because I received a minor violation for running in the dorms a few years ago and it is recorded in the deans office (I had to write a apology letter.) I'm unsure whether to include this on my application next cycle, most have advised me to overlook it. It does not show up on my official transcript.

@volaa I would encourage you to research further the program(s) you want to apply to. Ask them how many, if any, prerequisite courses can be outstanding at the time you submit your application. If you are allowed to submit your application with deficiencies make sure you have their deadline(s) in mind of when the classes have to be complete so that you're meeting their timeline otherwise you won't be considered. Hope this helps!

Dear PaAdmissions,

I plan to apply for PA school as soon as CASPA opens up next year, however I will in the process of finishing up my last prerequisite(s) (Anatomy and Physiology 1&2). I will be able to finish with this requirement by the end of the summer, but I have all other requirements. The deadline for the PA schools I plan to apply to are August to November, but I do want to get my application in as early as possible. Will this be an issue with most PA schools? I have taken human physiology 1 and 2 as well, just without the anatomy portion if it helps.

Thanks you very much.