Ask a PA Admissions Director

Hello! I've been offered an interview at a school next month. This program allows me to have 2 outstanding prereqs at the time of application. If I am offered a spot prior to the end of these two prereqs being finished, how does that work for most schools? Will I be required to receive a certain grade in these outstanding classes? Or do I just need to meet the schools minimum (for example, a C in all required courses)? Thank you for your help!

@ejsmith Thank you for your questions and congrats on the interview. The answer to this question will depend on the program's policy about outstanding coursework. If our program accepts a student with outstanding prerequisites, their acceptance is contingent upon them successfully completing (a C or better) the prerequisites by our deadline. I would hope they would provide this information to you prior to interviewing, but it doesn't hurt to clarify their policy prior to visiting to make sure the plan you have in place is sufficient in the case that you're accepted. I hope this helps!

Hello! I've been reading over the posts on this thread and would love to get any advice I could get as far as my chances of getting accepted in PA school. I received my bachelors in science (biomedical sciences) with an undergrad gpa of 2.8 (cumulative). I am currently getting my masters in public health (global communicable diseases concentration) and have a gpa currently of 3.86. I have been a medical assistant for 4 years (totally around 3000 health care experience hours) in a bariatric weight loss clinic initially and recently this month received a full time medical assistant job working in the allergy department. My gre score taken in 2011 was a 1000. I have also shadowed in the ER from 2007-2011 counting for around 3000 hours as well with MD's and PA's and started shadowing a family health PA this month. I am looking into applying for the  2015 cycle of PA school. Do you think I would have any chances of an interview or acceptance?

Thank you

Melissa

Hello! I've been reading over the posts on this thread and would love to get any advice I could get as far as my chances of getting accepted in PA school. I received my bachelors in science (biomedical sciences) with an undergrad gpa of 2.8 (cumulative). I am currently getting my masters in public health (global communicable diseases concentration) and have a gpa currently of 3.86. I have been a medical assistant for 4 years (totally around 3000 health care experience hours) in a bariatric weight loss clinic initially and recently this month received a full time medical assistant job working in the allergy department. My gre score taken in 2011 was a 1000. I have also shadowed in the ER from 2007-2011 counting for around 3000 hours as well with MD's and PA's and started shadowing a family health PA this month. I am looking into applying for the  2015 cycle of PA school. Do you think I would have any chances of an interview or acceptance?

Thank you

Melissa

@mnreyes Thank you for your question. You need to check your prerequisite GPA and your science GPA to see if its at or above a 3.0. Although you are completing a MPH program and have done very well, a lot of courses within a MPH program are more geared towards public health...meaning the curriculum may not include (just based on what I've seen) prerequisite courses like A&P, Micro, General Chemistry I and II, Organics, etc. that are relevant to improving your science GPA. I would encourage you to email the programs that interest you and ask them to do an unofficial eval of your transcripts. This way you can determine if you need to retake courses to make that improvement. They will also let you know about the possibility of retaking the GRE. Some programs may weigh GRE scores heavily. Other than that, your HCE looks solid. Hope this helps!

@Paadmissions:

Hi, you replied to one of my posts recently. I have a little issue I wanted to speak to someone about. My science GPA is strong, but my cumulative is lacking, 3.45. I had a C before I ever started nursing school a few years ago, in a really silly, easy course I didn't take seriously(it was online). I made a similar mistake and took another online course on a sociology/humanities type class, and failed it. I was studying at that time for my nursing boards and was working more hours at the hospital as a PCT. No good excuse; it was an easy class. I even spoke with the professor when I got my grade; I made A's in all my assignments, but due to disorganization I missed a few important deadlines and flunked.

I know I am not a disorganized person per se; it was the online aspect that I couldn't handle. I worked many hours while in NS and received honors.... I cried a lot when I got that F!!!

I am retaking the class now, and as you know I am going for my biology/BSN route as we had discussed earlier. But there is a program I can apply to that doesn't require the bachelor's degree only strong HCE; I could get accepted with just my ASN. *IF* I ever get an interview with this school, they will likely ask me about this red flag in my transcripts. It scares me to death and honestly is discouraging me from even applying.

I know if I go for the Master's program it will be less of an issue; I'll have the "upward" climb of better grades and be able to increase my GPA significantly, while still getting more HCE(I plan on switching to different patient population) and shadowing more...

I guess my question is, do I even bother applying? Even if I make an A in the retake, do I deserve a shot or should I just wait til I have more courses? Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful :)

Hello paadmissions.I am wondering if you could give me some insight of the interview process. I'm interested in how do the adcoms go about selecting which candidates would get accepted. The reason I'm asking this is because I think a lot of program may have close to 30 or more applicants in each interview session and only several of those applicants may be chosen. Is there a limit of a number of candidates to offer acceptance to each time? Or how does it work? 

Also, on situational questions...do you have any tips on how to approach them? 

Thank you so much in advance!

(I had to edit these posts several times as it kept sending me to an internal error page) 

I have a question about prereq courses. The  school I am applying to states that accept courses from community college. I need genetics, Microbiology, and Biochem. I am enrolled in A&P at the community college now. I'm trying to make sure if the remaining courses that are offered at the community college will be accepted. The Microbiology course is titled Intro to Microbiology and biochemistry is also titled as Intro to Biochemistry. Genetics is called General genetics. Since these courses are at a community college they are 100 and 200 level courses and some people I've asked questioned if it would be accepted because it is not 300 or 400 level courses. What is your opinion on this? I asked the school and all they did was refer me to the website which only says what courses I need and how many credit hours. Thank you!

@Paadmissions:

Hi, you replied to one of my posts recently. I have a little issue I wanted to speak to someone about. My science GPA is strong, but my cumulative is lacking, 3.45. I had a C before I ever started nursing school a few years ago, in a really silly, easy course I didn't take seriously(it was online). I made a similar mistake and took another online course on a sociology/humanities type class, and failed it. I was studying at that time for my nursing boards and was working more hours at the hospital as a PCT. No good excuse; it was an easy class. I even spoke with the professor when I got my grade; I made A's in all my assignments, but due to disorganization I missed a few important deadlines and flunked.

I know I am not a disorganized person per se; it was the online aspect that I couldn't handle. I worked many hours while in NS and received honors.... I cried a lot when I got that F!!!

I am retaking the class now, and as you know I am going for my biology/BSN route as we had discussed earlier. But there is a program I can apply to that doesn't require the bachelor's degree only strong HCE; I could get accepted with just my ASN. *IF* I ever get an interview with this school, they will likely ask me about this red flag in my transcripts. It scares me to death and honestly is discouraging me from even applying.

I know if I go for the Master's program it will be less of an issue; I'll have the "upward" climb of better grades and be able to increase my GPA significantly, while still getting more HCE(I plan on switching to different patient population) and shadowing more...

I guess my question is, do I even bother applying? Even if I make an A in the retake, do I deserve a shot or should I just wait til I have more courses? Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful :)

@enfermaRN I wouldn't discourage you from applying if this is the only really bad grade on your transcript. If you're retaking the course and doing well in it, meaning you're anticipating an A, you're probably ok. I do stress to applicants that, at least from our standpoint, that we're not looking for that 4.0 student in every applicant. If you're in the range of 3.4-3.6 with your overall, science and prerequisite GPA you should be competitive with the majority of the applicants who are being granted interviews. That said, be prepared to succinctly answer the question during your interview if they happen to ask about it. Not only should you answer it, you should also have an explanation of what you learned from not taking the course seriously, regardless of other things that you were giving more attention. There may be some courses in PA school that don't interest you, but you can't have the same approach...I'm seeing this may be something you learned. I hope this helps. 

• Upvote 1

Hello paadmissions.I am wondering if you could give me some insight of the interview process. I'm interested in how do the adcoms go about selecting which candidates would get accepted. The reason I'm asking this is because I think a lot of program may have close to 30 or more applicants in each interview session and only several of those applicants may be chosen. Is there a limit of a number of candidates to offer acceptance to each time? Or how does it work? 

Also, on situational questions...do you have any tips on how to approach them? 

Thank you so much in advance!

(I had to edit these posts several times as it kept sending me to an internal error page) 

@double-helix7 Thanks for the question. Every program's interview session is different from format, the number of applicants, etc.  I think I'm safe to say that academics and what you've put on paper are what get you the interview, your interview is what gets your seat in the program. The interview process is a way for committees to judge your interpersonal skills, likability, how you think on your feet, and basically if you'll be a good fit for the program and the profession. I encourage people just to be yourself and really give some genuine thought to the questions and the opinions of others.  It's very obvious those who give "rehearsed" answers and answers that applicants think we want to hear. 

Because every program's selection process varies, it's hard to say how many applicants each program accepts out of one interview day. For example, we only interview 8 applicants at each session and accept as many as we have seats for. It doesn't always mean that we accept everyone we interview though.  If we interview people for the alternate list (at the end of the cycle) we're very transparent in that we tell the applicants that's what they're interviewing for. Hope this helps!

I have a question about prereq courses. The  school I am applying to states that accept courses from community college. I need genetics, Microbiology, and Biochem. I am enrolled in A&P at the community college now. I'm trying to make sure if the remaining courses that are offered at the community college will be accepted. The Microbiology course is titled Intro to Microbiology and biochemistry is also titled as Intro to Biochemistry. Genetics is called General genetics. Since these courses are at a community college they are 100 and 200 level courses and some people I've asked questioned if it would be accepted because it is not 300 or 400 level courses. What is your opinion on this? I asked the school and all they did was refer me to the website which only says what courses I need and how many credit hours. Thank you!

@sabinbear Thank you for your question. A good rule of thumb is to make sure the courses like Micro and Biochemistry are the highest possible level you can take them at the CC. What this means is that there isn't another Biochemistry or Micro courses that has a higher course number. If you're still unsure you can send me the link to the cc and I'll look at the course offerings...or ask an advisor at the school. Hope this helps!

Hello,

I was wondering how much programs pay attention to the course load a student takes in comparison to their GPA.. Can the GPA be overlooked somewhat if the applicant has taken a lot of higher level science classes?

Thank you!

@izzy2015 Thank you for your question. I think course load and GPA can sometimes be considered, but I don't think committees would "overlook/dismiss" your academic performance if it is below par. I think it's a benefit to the applicant if he/she has taken as many hours as possible and performed well in difficult courses. Think about from our perspective...PA school is a lot of hours per semester, beyond undergrad numbers for a lot of programs (we average about 19-20 hours per semester in the didactic year).  It's important for the students to be prepared, to be able to handle several difficult courses and most importantly do well.  I'm sure every program has a benchmark for GPA that you may have to stay at or above to graduate or even stay in the program (i.e. 3.0 GPA). So the more an applicant can demonstrate their ability to be successful in a high course load the more competitive he/she will be. I hope this helps!

Hello again,

I had asked a question before about what I could best do to prepare myself for PA school and had mentioned missing a couple of pre-requistes. After talking to my department head and the start of a biology program at our school I am no able to take the Microbiology with Lab and will also be talking to her about independet studying the second A&P course. My on track graduation date is for Fall 2014 so I have three terms in which to bring my cGPA up from 3.39 as well as bring my science GPA (including physics) from a 3.25. Again my school is unique (It also is a STEM school with no other majors offered besides business) since I am required to do a co-op with a mandatory thesis for graduation. Due to this mandatory co-op I switch between schools (and states) every three months rotating between school and work. I currently work as research chemist co-op with a focus on organic synthesis of new molecules and then testing these molecules in various industrial applications. I would also like to mention that the school term is an 11 week term (10 weeks classes, 1 week finals) and with this schedule the typical course load is 16-22 credit hours with most students taking 20 each term.

I also have had the opportunity to shadow 2 PAs now during my work term for a combined total of over 40 hours, and I do realize I need more. I also have a hands on shadowing opportunity in a hospital morgue as well, where I also am in the process to volunteer at their children's hospital during my school terms. Finally, I will end up graduating with 2.5 years of work experince from my co-op job along with research at my school. I realize where I am lacking is HCE and I am wondering what your guidance would be on how to obtain this with my hectic schedule, and where else I could improve my application to make myself a better applicant.

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions for us! 

I've decided to become a PA but I'm really struggling finding employment in a hospital setting ( even after volunteering). I am just about to finish  my AA and I'm thinking about getting my BSN so that I can finish school and work a few years to earn my HCE . I'm 25 years old and I have never worked in a hospital setting, however I have done over 500 hours volunteering and I know being a PA is what I really want to do!

My rationale for wanting to get a BSN is that it would allow me to get a job where I can have direct patient contact for a few years after school.

Will going this route hurt me when applying to PA school?  I've tried looking into the EMT route to get my HCE but there is virtually no jobs in my area. I"m frustrated and stressed out. I feel like my dream is slipping away from underneath me.

I hear that If i go the BSN route PA schools might not consider me, but I don't see an option, I've thought about getting a bachelors in Biology but even then getting a position with direct patient contact wouldn't be easy .The clinic where I volunteer has offered me a scholarship and a job if I get my BSN. There is still a lot of need for nurses in my city so I know I could get a job.

Any advice you might provide me would be greatly appreciated. I know my GPA would be competitive. I have a 3.7 with a 4.0 science GPA.

Oh .. one last thing, do volunteer and shadowing hours in other countries count? my brother runs a clinic in an under-served area in Colombia and I would love to take a trip to shadow him and volunteer, It would also be nice to have those hours be accepted too =)

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply!

@sharf3516 Thank you for your question and the explanation. I would recommend maybe taking a year off after your graduate to accumulate more hours on a full-time basis.  I know you probably want to go ahead and enroll in a PA program on a more "traditional" track, but if you're lacking ways to fit in clinical experience while trying to finish out your degree requirements, you may stretching yourself too thin and not preparing your mind and self adequately. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint.  I find a lot of our students saying that the 1-3 years off that they took from undergrad to PA school was extremely beneficial in preparing them for the program and helped them experience "real-life" settings in the health care system. I hope this helps!

Hello again,

I had asked a question before about what I could best do to prepare myself for PA school and had mentioned missing a couple of pre-requistes. After talking to my department head and the start of a biology program at our school I am no able to take the Microbiology with Lab and will also be talking to her about independet studying the second A&P course. My on track graduation date is for Fall 2014 so I have three terms in which to bring my cGPA up from 3.39 as well as bring my science GPA (including physics) from a 3.25. Again my school is unique (It also is a STEM school with no other majors offered besides business) since I am required to do a co-op with a mandatory thesis for graduation. Due to this mandatory co-op I switch between schools (and states) every three months rotating between school and work. I currently work as research chemist co-op with a focus on organic synthesis of new molecules and then testing these molecules in various industrial applications. I would also like to mention that the school term is an 11 week term (10 weeks classes, 1 week finals) and with this schedule the typical course load is 16-22 credit hours with most students taking 20 each term.

I also have had the opportunity to shadow 2 PAs now during my work term for a combined total of over 40 hours, and I do realize I need more. I also have a hands on shadowing opportunity in a hospital morgue as well, where I also am in the process to volunteer at their children's hospital during my school terms. Finally, I will end up graduating with 2.5 years of work experince from my co-op job along with research at my school. I realize where I am lacking is HCE and I am wondering what your guidance would be on how to obtain this with my hectic schedule, and where else I could improve my application to make myself a better applicant.

@dacosta6 Thank you for your question. From our standpoint, we don't care what you major in as long as you've taken the prerequisites for our program. Keep in mind a BSN curriculum may not always have courses that would count towards PA school, so you may have to pick up additional courses outside of your major to be eligible to apply to some programs. Every program has different requirements so be sure to stay up-to-date with that.  Again, from our program's standpoint, we don't have as many nurses apply to the program as we did several years ago. That's not a bad thing, but the nursing role and approach is different, but on the flip side it prepares you with quality patient contact. If you're having trouble finding work, it may be your only option, which again, is not a bad thing. As far as your international experience, it's up to the program whether or not they accept those type of hours outside the US. I would ask. Hope this helps!

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions for us! 

I've decided to become a PA but I'm really struggling finding employment in a hospital setting ( even after volunteering). I am just about to finish  my AA and I'm thinking about getting my BSN so that I can finish school and work a few years to earn my HCE . I'm 25 years old and I have never worked in a hospital setting, however I have done over 500 hours volunteering and I know being a PA is what I really want to do!

My rationale for wanting to get a BSN is that it would allow me to get a job where I can have direct patient contact for a few years after school.

Will going this route hurt me when applying to PA school?  I've tried looking into the EMT route to get my HCE but there is virtually no jobs in my area. I"m frustrated and stressed out. I feel like my dream is slipping away from underneath me.

I hear that If i go the BSN route PA schools might not consider me, but I don't see an option, I've thought about getting a bachelors in Biology but even then getting a position with direct patient contact wouldn't be easy .The clinic where I volunteer has offered me a scholarship and a job if I get my BSN. There is still a lot of need for nurses in my city so I know I could get a job.

Any advice you might provide me would be greatly appreciated. I know my GPA would be competitive. I have a 3.7 with a 4.0 science GPA.

Oh .. one last thing, do volunteer and shadowing hours in other countries count? my brother runs a clinic in an under-served area in Colombia and I would love to take a trip to shadow him and volunteer, It would also be nice to have those hours be accepted too =)

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply!

good news I am in America , had to barrow money from my father, now I am shadowing a former classmate, and my phone is ringing off the hook. have had a lot of interviews this September and expect to be working next month. If you really want it, don't give up, do what you have to do to get it done. Best wishes to all, and thank you

@paadmissions,

I am hoping you will comment on the competitiveness of my application. I am 22 years old and  a 2013 graduate of the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. I have a major in psychology and a minor in Latin. I also completed the science requirements for many PA schools, with the exception of biochemistry (in which I am currently enrolled at a local 4 year college).  My CASPA GPA is 3.81 overall and 3.5 in science classes. My GRE scores are 159 Verbal, 155 Quantitative, and 4.5 writing.

My HCE consists of 1,680 hours as a clinic assistant at a sleep away camp (2 summers) and 875 hours as a personal care attendant to a student with muscular dystrophy (accumulated working part-time during my 4 years as an undergraduate). I also volunteered 148 hours at Mott's Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor. 

This past summer, I worked as an Internal Service Learning volunteer in Costa Rica where I collaborated with local doctors to set up mobile clinics in two impoverished villages in Costa Rica in which the organization provided free medical care and medications. Earlier in the summer, I was employed as an outpost camp counselor where I guided a group of fourteen teenage campers through a four-week long leadership and adventure challenge program located in the secluded woods of Northern Ontario, Canada.

I have accumulated 24 hours shadowing a physician and 30 hours shadowing two PA's. 

I have applied to 10 PA schools this CASPA cycle and have received rejections from two. I have not yet heard from the others.

Any advice or insight that you can give me would be much appreciated.

@robyn4860 Thank you for your question. I'm curious to hear the reasoning behind why you were rejected at the 2 programs. Did you follow up with them to see if they could provide any insight as to what you could do to improve your application? If not, shoot them an email and ask. These worse they could say is "no." Based on what you've provided you seem to be exceeding what a lot of programs would recommend/require. That said, every program will have certain criteria that may have excluded you from being considered further: i.e. not completing all the required coursework or not having a plan in place to complete them by a certain deadline, letters of recommendation (which, if you waived your right to the letter, you probably won't know what someone said), you didn't apply early enough, etc.  Again, a quick glance would say you're competitive academically, so there may be other factors that were considered. Hope this helps some. 

@paadmissions,

I am hoping you will comment on the competitiveness of my application. I am 22 years old and  a 2013 graduate of the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. I have a major in psychology and a minor in Latin. I also completed the science requirements for many PA schools, with the exception of biochemistry (in which I am currently enrolled at a local 4 year college).  My CASPA GPA is 3.81 overall and 3.5 in science classes. My GRE scores are 159 Verbal, 155 Quantitative, and 4.5 writing.

My HCE consists of 1,680 hours as a clinic assistant at a sleep away camp (2 summers) and 875 hours as a personal care attendant to a student with muscular dystrophy (accumulated working part-time during my 4 years as an undergraduate). I also volunteered 148 hours at Mott's Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor. 

This past summer, I worked as an Internal Service Learning volunteer in Costa Rica where I collaborated with local doctors to set up mobile clinics in two impoverished villages in Costa Rica in which the organization provided free medical care and medications. Earlier in the summer, I was employed as an outpost camp counselor where I guided a group of fourteen teenage campers through a four-week long leadership and adventure challenge program located in the secluded woods of Northern Ontario, Canada.

I have accumulated 24 hours shadowing a physician and 30 hours shadowing two PA's. 

I have applied to 10 PA schools this CASPA cycle and have received rejections from two. I have not yet heard from the others.

Any advice or insight that you can give me would be much appreciated.

Dear PA Admissions,

This may strike you as an awkward question, but I don't know of anybody that can answer it for me except for you...... 

My girlfriend (soon to be fiance') and I are currently on the same path (both trying to be PAs). We are also both very competitive applicant. That being said, here is my questions.....Statistically, it is very hard to believe but we have both received multiple interviews at the same schools! One of the interviews happens to be at the same school on the same day! We are both very confused as to how we should handle this situation. Should we be up front and let them know that we know each other and are dating? or should we keep it a secret for a while? How do schools look at accepting "couples" into their program? We don't want to ruin each others chances of living out our dream if schools are against accepting people that are in a relationship. That being said, It goes without saying that we always keep everything professional. What is your opinion on my situation???

@tjames10 Thank you for your questions. I get this question quite a bit and I would rather see couples in this situation keep their relationship details out of the conversation, if at all possible. I see it like when an applicant's parent/relative is a well-known preceptor or figure in the community or university...I would expect the applicant to not use that person as leverage to gain admissions, rather focus on themselves and what they have to do to be successful. From our standpoint, I don't think it would negatively affect our decision if the topic was discussed, but I would want the committee to make a fair decision on acceptance based on you and  not factoring in your other half. As you've already mentioned, professionalism is the key to approaching this situation. If the topic does come up I would be honest and forthcoming about your plans (speak only for yourself) to attend possibly the same program and that you all realize the importance of professionalism and maturity to endure the program and enter the profession. The fact that you've both proven yourselves to be competitive on paper is certainly a plus. Just make sure to be interactive with other applicants on that day and not just each other. It's important to show teamwork and likability during your interview. Hope this helps!

Dear PA Admissions,

This may strike you as an awkward question, but I don't know of anybody that can answer it for me except for you...... 

My girlfriend (soon to be fiance') and I are currently on the same path (both trying to be PAs). We are also both very competitive applicant. That being said, here is my questions.....Statistically, it is very hard to believe but we have both received multiple interviews at the same schools! One of the interviews happens to be at the same school on the same day! We are both very confused as to how we should handle this situation. Should we be up front and let them know that we know each other and are dating? or should we keep it a secret for a while? How do schools look at accepting "couples" into their program? We don't want to ruin each others chances of living out our dream if schools are against accepting people that are in a relationship. That being said, It goes without saying that we always keep everything professional. What is your opinion on my situation???

Hi there!

I first want to thank you for taking your time to read and answer all these questions! I am just wondering what my chances of getting into PA school are. I have a 3.5 GPA overall in my undergrad. I am currently a Junior so I would be applying in the next cycle. This summer I worked about 500 hours in a clinic and I am currently a volunteer at the local Emergency Room. My main question is about my GPA. I would think a 3.5 is considered competitive, but in most of my prerequisite classes (Chem 1, Chem 2, Organic Chem, Psychology, Biochem) I received B's in. Would it be worth it to retake them online at a community college to get an A?  

@meowmeow Thank you for your post. I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm wrong) that your overall GPA of 3.25 would increase after your Jr. and Sr. year due to your 4.0? If that is the case I think your application would be a tad more competitive with the applicant pool. I would take a look at how you've performed in the prerequisite courses that are required for the programs that interest you. If you're not in the range of 3.4 or higher I would recommend retaking some classes that need improvement and maybe even consider taking above and beyond requirements to add a little more. I think prerequisites should always be a priority. You've got time to decide whether or not to submit your application in April, so email your transcripts to the programs you're planning to apply to so they can provide some feedback on if you should apply now or retake courses. Now is also the time for you to prepare for the GRE. You probably want to take it by the end of the year, which will allow enough time for you to retake it if you're not happy with your scores. I think your HCE is fine. Hope this helps!

@paadmissions

Hello PA Admissions,

I am seriously considering applying for PA school next spring in April

but I'm not sure if I would even get an interview because of my low GPA.

Any advice on how to improve my application would be great and really appreciated !

I have low GPA with an upward trend

Major: Biology B.S.

GPA:

End of undergraduate Freshman year 2.56

Cumulative GPA: 3.25                   

Science GPA: 3.28

Last quarter Junior year & Senior year GPA: 4.00

2 Post bacc classes (one was Human Anatomy): 4.00

Volunteer work:

Medical Mission serving underprivileged areas in Peru - 192 hours

Student run free clinic (hands on): Vitals, Translation, helping out with labs- 140 hours

Clinical Internship  at the Hospital (hands on) - Vitals, bathing patients, changing patients, repositioning etc. - 120 hours by April

Teaching English in rural areas of Taiwan- 1 month

Paid:

Working full time as a back office medical assistant (Opthalmology) ~ 1,200 hours by April

Research:

Undergraduate research - 1 year

Paid research abroad - 2 months

GRE:

Not yet taken