ILLINOIS: North Central College (Developing)

I was a part of the interview yesterday and it could not have gone better! I thought the zoom format was done so well with the different breakout rooms and everyone was beyond welcoming. The individual interviews were super conversational and light. You could really tell that all of the faculty care so much about what their doing and were already treating us like their own students. Happy to answer any questions from other people interviewing here 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, corcoranbi said:

I was a part of the interview yesterday and it could not have gone better! I thought the zoom format was done so well with the different breakout rooms and everyone was beyond welcoming. The individual interviews were super conversational and light. You could really tell that all of the faculty care so much about what their doing and were already treating us like their own students. Happy to answer any questions from other people interviewing here 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing that! I am looking forward to my interview on Sep 15th! 🙂 

• Like 1

I interviewed 8/25 and it was such an amazing experience! I was excited to see how excited the faculty were about this program! I was extremely nervous but after meeting with the faculty, all my nerves melted away! I can't wait to see this program 5 years from now, it's in great hands! This was my first  cycle applying and my first interview! Don't let a developing program scare you, the faculty are just, if not more excited for the program and for their future students! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lytran1 said:

Thats amazing! Was the MMI the part where it's conversational? Also, how are they doing the group interview, and what was it like (if you dont mind me asking)? 🙂

The MMI portion is pre-recorded and not directly talking with anyone so it’s a little impersonal but definitely nothing to stress about. On the actual interview day we had a 1v1 and 2v1 personal interview where you really got a chance to talk with the faculty and feel SO welcomed to the program! The group interview isn’t as stressful as I thought it would be. There were a couple faculty members and a handful of other applicants answering questions. Overall, such a great atmosphere and no reason for nerves 🙂

of course i get the email saying I didn't submit the PA observation hours. Mands, you've done-done it again with yet another program LOL. Please, if you didn't do this, get it done 😂

1 minute ago, stephnie said:

also wondering this!! Also can we use headphone during it? Like airpods?

got an email back from them. I'm sure Airpods are fine too. I'll be using them. GL! 🙂 

"Please feel free to take notes on paper (or any other method of your choice) during your one-way interview. You are free to use whatever techniques you would like to gather your thoughts and stay organized. However, please note that there is a finite amount of both “think time” and “response time” for each question. While you are free to take notes, make sure that doing so doesn’t take up too much time to record your answer!"

• Like 1

Just now, lytran1 said:

got an email back from them. I'm sure Airpods are fine too. I'll be using them. GL! 🙂 

"Please feel free to take notes on paper (or any other method of your choice) during your one-way interview. You are free to use whatever techniques you would like to gather your thoughts and stay organized. However, please note that there is a finite amount of both “think time” and “response time” for each question. While you are free to take notes, make sure that doing so doesn’t take up too much time to record your answer!"

Thanks so much. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...