Is 'provider' a catch all term?

• 1 month later...
Guest mands

I used "provider" for some of my essays, but then I also found "medical professional(s)" to be a good one too for a more catch all (RN, PA, MD, DO, RT, etc.)

1 hour ago, mands said:

I used "provider" for some of my essays, but then I also found "medical professional(s)" to be a good one too for a more catch all (RN, PA, MD, DO, RT, etc.)

RNs and NPs are not medical professionals, they are nursing professionals. "Health Care professionals" would be more appropriate but would also capture those that do not practice clinically.

https://linkpas.com/nursing-vs-medical-model/

Guest mands
14 hours ago, Nuke64 said:

RNs and NPs are not medical professionals, they are nursing professionals. "Health Care professionals" would be more appropriate but would also capture those that do not practice clinically.

https://linkpas.com/nursing-vs-medical-model/

Considering I had my essays edited by two PAs (one of which works on an admission committee) and my research PI (clinical), I don't think it's the end of the world that I used it! Since it is a vague subject in the sentence, I reread it, and thankfully it didn't work against me. I mean, i've already gotten a few interview offers, so I really don't think admissions are that nit-picky unless the prompt specifies. 

However, it's a good point to bring up and keep in mind for the future.