South College - Atlanta 2020 - 2021

On 11/7/2020 at 2:53 PM, JStaana said:

Awesome! I just wanted a gauge on their interviews since they are one of the later schools. Thanks for the reply and reassurance!

@JStaana I'm not sure how exactly they're moving through the applicant pool, but I submitted my application (+supplemental) on 9/4 and received an interview invitation on 9/24. Was accepted at my interview on 10/23, but actually declined my spot as I'm still waiting to hear back from some other programs that would be a better fit for me. It sounds like a few other people from my interview cohort have also given up their spots, so hopefully they'll continue to send out invitations! They also mentioned during my interview that they haven't officially decided on the class size for the class of 2023 yet which makes it sound like they could continue to interview indefinitely until the end of the cycle. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:09 AM, mjw0106 said:

@JStaana I'm not sure how exactly they're moving through the applicant pool, but I submitted my application (+supplemental) on 9/4 and received an interview invitation on 9/24. Was accepted at my interview on 10/23, but actually declined my spot as I'm still waiting to hear back from some other programs that would be a better fit for me. It sounds like a few other people from my interview cohort have also given up their spots, so hopefully they'll continue to send out invitations! They also mentioned during my interview that they haven't officially decided on the class size for the class of 2023 yet which makes it sound like they could continue to interview indefinitely until the end of the cycle. Hope this helps!

Wow 20 days after for an interview that's amazing! I submitted mine end of August and still waiting but I've heard of some people submit theirs in July and still waiting. Thank you for all the info and best of luck to your other schools and applications!

On 11/24/2020 at 2:18 PM, KJSmith said:

Hey guys, I know the application is closes in March and this school is doing rolling admission. Do you guys think it's worth submitting my application this late in the game?

If money is not an issue then I don't think so. Your chances get smaller but a chance is still a chance. If anything it's experience and familiarity to the process in case you'd have to reapply.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, KJSmith said:

Hey guys, I know the application is closes in March and this school is doing rolling admission. Do you guys think it's worth submitting my application this late in the game?

Last year they were interviewing and accepting students through April and accepted waitlist students in May. If you think you are a competitive candidate then you should still apply.

My application was under review in mid-late September. Reject list or should I hold out hope for an interview invitation? Feeling slightly deflated for not hearing anything in over 2 months. I feel as though I'm a competitive candidate with good GPA, care hours, and GRE score, but I am from out of state.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, asg2020 said:

My application was under review in mid-late September. Reject list or should I hold out hope for an interview invitation? Feeling slightly deflated for not hearing anything in over 2 months. I feel as though I'm a competitive candidate with good GPA, care hours, and GRE score, but I am from out of state.

I applied in August and haven't heard back either. The email states they interview all the way until May 2021, so I honestly wouldn't think you were rejected just yet. They seem to be one of the later schools accepting applications.

22 hours ago, ksinger said:

Hi everyone! I am a current student at South College in ATL class of 2022. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions! 

Hi! i got an interview in January 2021. Can you tell me about your interview experience? How was the group interview (MMI or traditional questions)? Also, do they ask about any medical terminology questions? Thanks!!

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 2:36 AM, Miagurl7 said:

@Ksinger Do you by chance know the acceptance average for GRE and GPAs? My gre score is a bit on the low side so I'm a bit nervous. 

I do not. My classmates are across the board when it comes to stats along with other PA programs which I think benefits greatly as everyone has something different to bring to the table. 

Here are my stats when applying 

cGPA 3.55

sGPA 3.15 

GRE 300 (I do know a handful of my classmates were right below a 300)

PCE 2000+

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ansehd1234 said:

Hi! i got an interview in January 2021. Can you tell me about your interview experience? How was the group interview (MMI or traditional questions)? Also, do they ask about any medical terminology questions? Thanks!!

Hello! Congratulations on your interview! South’s interview was very casual and the structure is traditional questions. The faculty truly just wants to get a feel for who you are and if the program along with yourself is a fit for the program. Definitely review most common questions asked in a PA interview along with an ethical question or two as I was asked a scenario question and how I would react. There’s a medical terminology quiz but don’t stress over it too much. They say it doesn’t affect whether you’re accepted or not. I think they just wanna see where you stand in med term. I reviewed a few med term root word quizlet prior. Hope this helps! Message me if you have anymore questions. 

14 minutes ago, ksinger said:

Hello! Congratulations on your interview! South’s interview was very casual and the structure is traditional questions. The faculty truly just wants to get a feel for who you are and if the program along with yourself is a fit for the program. Definitely review most common questions asked in a PA interview along with an ethical question or two as I was asked a scenario question and how I would react. There’s a medical terminology quiz but don’t stress over it too much. They say it doesn’t affect whether you’re accepted or not. I think they just wanna see where you stand in med term. I reviewed a few med term root word quizlet prior. Hope this helps! Message me if you have anymore questions. 

Did you know about the quiz beforehand or was it sprung on you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

For those of you that got an interview, how long did it take for you to hear back? I received an email on 8/28 confirming that all of my application materials were received and I haven’t heard a thing since. Was there any additional correspondence from the program between that email and your interview invite? 

11 hours ago, NLere97 said:

Hi everyone! 

For those of you that got an interview, how long did it take for you to hear back? I received an email on 8/28 confirming that all of my application materials were received and I haven’t heard a thing since. Was there any additional correspondence from the program between that email and your interview invite? 

I'm wondering the same thing and applied the same time as you. I've heard nothing since.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:17 AM, NLere97 said:

Hi everyone! 

my application was complete on 7/20, and i got the email invitation on 9/24 for an interview on 10/23

• Upvote 1