2020-2021 Cycle

On 1/28/2021 at 5:33 PM, PAK2020 said:

I emailed Lori today about my application status and she said the committee will be meeting soon and to remain patient! Im guessing it will be atleast a few more weeks. Staying patient is definitely difficult!

She gave me the same response on 1/25. Wishful thinking for us all!

4 minutes ago, dba86 said:

I sent Lori an update on some stuff in my application and she said the admission committee is meeting this week. Hopefully we hear something soon

Was this today?

Hey guys Lori got back to me and told me the admissions committee has met and that my application is pending. They have yet to make decisions. She said to be patient because we can be waiting to hear back till March 15th.

Im really hoping we find out before March 15 in case some of us have to take the UNE online course. I would like to have more than 8-10 weeks to complete that course if possible, as their website says its a 16 week self pace course. I also am unsure if I want to be proactive and spend $1400-$1500 before even knowing I am accepted. Hoping to hear way before that but one can only hope!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sweet93 said:

Agreed. I don’t want to spend 1400$ without knowing if I’m accepted or not since mercy is the only program that requires this course. I don’t have the financial means to be throwing around 1400$.

But doesn't the course have to be completed before the start of the program?

14 hours ago, Sweet93 said:

Agreed. I don’t want to spend 1400$ without knowing if I’m accepted or not since mercy is the only program that requires this course. I don’t have the financial means to be throwing around 1400$.

Just an fyi, I signed up for the course which starts today and its another $250 give or take on top of the $1400. The $250ish includes an access code/book, required webcam (which is dumb cause most people have built in webcams), and a lab kit. I think this course is way over priced

I just signed up for the Medical Physiology course at UNE. The start is 3/3/21 and end is 6/23/21. I emailed Lori and she said the course would have to be accelerated and completed by May 31, 2021 because the program starts June 2, 2021. I signed up because I didn't want to be left out pending a hopeful acceptance. Hope this helps anyone in the same boat

18 hours ago, Sweet93 said:

I feel like they should make some exceptions due to the unprecedented times that are happening now. Also, during the interview they told us they were going to let us know by the end of January or beginning of February if we were accepted or not. I don't think is fair game to keep people waiting until 2 months before the program starts; some people live out of state and have to make arrangements before they pick up and go.

I completely agree. I don't think it's fair that they have us waiting this long. They told me on the interview date that the latest we will hear back is February, now they're saying March 15??? that is ridiculous. If the admissions committee has already met, I don't understand why they need an additional month to decide. I'm growing very impatient, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, prepahopefully said:

I completely agree. I don't think it's fair that they have us waiting this long. They told me on the interview date that the latest we will hear back is February, now they're saying March 15??? that is ridiculous. If the admissions committee has already met, I don't understand why they need an additional month to decide. I'm growing very impatient, to say the least.

It really is a very long time! Especially since if they would have made a decision earlier and let us know by beginning February, I would not have to accelerate the completion of the UNE Medical Physiology pre-req course by a month. Lori was helpful in answering my questions regarding the course yesterday and got back to me in a timely-manner which I appreciate, however this decision is taking very long.

1 minute ago, Sweet93 said:

How accelerated can you take this UNE Medical Physiology course? Im hoping Mercy lets some of us know by the end of this month... 

I believe since it is a self paced course you just have to have it finished by May 31. I would recommend looking into it if you need it as a pre-req