2020-2021 Cycle

32 minutes ago, cp0123 said:

This is a forum where people on the same journey share information to help and uplift each other.  One may disclose any information they see fit.

While disclosing details of the interview to one applicant may “help and uplift” that applicant it will disadvantage others who have worked hard for the same chance to earn a seat in the cohort. I get it... we all want to be as prepared as possible, but please don’t try to guilt an applicant into disclosing interview details. I interviewed already and I can tell you this: truly just be yourself! They just want to get to know you. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Sjb89
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Sjb89 said:

While disclosing details of the interview to one applicant may “help and uplift” that applicant it will disadvantage others who have worked hard for the same chance to earn a seat in the cohort. I get it... we all want to be as prepared as possible, but please don’t try to guilt an applicant into disclosing interview details. I interviewed already and I can tell you this: truly just be yourself! They just want to get to know you. Best of luck to you.

Soundly and maturely put. Thank you. Empathy and ethics should be prerequisites for practicing medicine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cl731 said:

Does anyone know if they’ve still sending out decisions if you didn’t hear back the day of your interview? I interviewed on 9/21 and they said they would send decisions after the first 3 rounds (10/12) but then I know that people heard back the same day as the interview. 

I interviewed 10/5 and they told us the same thing that we’d hear back after 3 rounds. Seems like last year people were told that, too, but didn’t hear back until after four rounds (10/19 was fourth session) during the last week in October. I think we should know by Monday the 26th! 

3 minutes ago, rudyEMT said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm still waiting to hear back (safe to assume I wasn't in their top choices). Did any of yall feel like your interview went just okay or not great but still got accepted? I felt like my interview went pretty well but now I'm not sure. 

My interview was going stellar, but then they threw a curveball and I stumbled. I thought I may have blown my chances but I still got in! Have faith in yourself!

Edited by daddybenzene
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, rudyEMT said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm still waiting to hear back (safe to assume I wasn't in their top choices). Did any of yall feel like your interview went just okay or not great but still got accepted? I felt like my interview went pretty well but now I'm not sure. 

I am in the same boat as you! I overall felt my interview went well. Now I am anticipating a rejection since I didn’t receive anything in my email! 😞 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rudyEMT said:

I don't think I was extremely confident about it and thought it went okay. Like I don't think it went bad, and I tried my best to just be myself. It's easy to get in your head and overthink your answers afterwards. I felt pretty anxious while waiting to hear back from the schools I interviewed at. I wish I didn't feel that way, but sometimes you just can't help it. Take it easy on yourself 🙂 Hoping you hear good news soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, justwgi said:

I don't think I was extremely confident about it and thought it went okay. Like I don't think it went bad, and I tried my best to just be myself. It's easy to get in your head and overthink your answers afterwards. I felt pretty anxious while waiting to hear back from the schools I interviewed at. I wish I didn't feel that way, but sometimes you just can't help it. Take it easy on yourself 🙂 Hoping you hear good news soon.

Thanks a lot! Congrats! I did the same thing. There's always going to be things you wish you said after an interview I guess. 

Edited by rudyEMT

35 minutes ago, daddybenzene said:

Accepted!! I'm going to have to think about this one, but the interviewers were so nice and I love NYC!!

13 minutes ago, rudyEMT said:

Thanks a lot! Congrats! I did the same thing. There's always going to be things you wish you said after an interview I guess. 

When did you guys interview? If you don't mind.🙂