South University - West Palm Beach

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, megannicole said:

I didn’t know they tried for accreditation before?

Yes apparently they applied in 2016 and had all their students submit their seat deposits, then they weren't granted accreditation and had the students wait another 6 months to see if they'd be granted accreditation but were denied again. So it makes me nervous, especially with how quickly the interviews are being given. Either way I am thankful to get an interview and get as much interview practice as possible. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 9:51 PM, MD1997 said:

Yes apparently they applied in 2016 and had all their students submit their seat deposits, then they weren't granted accreditation and had the students wait another 6 months to see if they'd be granted accreditation but were denied again. So it makes me nervous, especially with how quickly the interviews are being given. Either way I am thankful to get an interview and get as much interview practice as possible. 

I'm a practicing PA now, but I was browsing through the list of developing schools and I was surprised to see they're trying again. 

I applied to this program in the 2016-2017 application cycle, and interviewed that year. To keep a long story short, I was very unimpressed with the program. They tried to appear very confident and basically said "we have no concerns about getting our accreditation," and then they didn't get it....

Hopefully they've made a lot of changes and found new faculty since when I interviewed in 2016. And hopefully they have anatomy with lab now and not all planned to be on an anatomage table. 

As a PA, if I can give you any advice, do not go to a PA school that does not have cadavers for anatomy. It doesn't matter if you dissect them or if they are dissected by your anatomist. Just make sure you have them. 

Edited by dna005

23 hours ago, dna005 said:

I'm a practicing PA now, but I was browsing through the list of developing schools and I was surprised to see they're trying again. 

I applied to this program in the 2016-2017 application cycle, and interviewed that year. To keep a long story short, I was very unimpressed with the program. They tried to appear very confident and basically said "we have no concerns about getting our accreditation," and then they didn't get it....

Hopefully they've made a lot of changes and found new faculty since when I interviewed in 2016. And hopefully they have anatomy with lab now and not all planned to be on an anatomage table. 

As a PA, if I can give you any advice, do not go to a PA school that does not have cadavers for anatomy. It doesn't matter if you dissect them or if they are dissected by your anatomist. Just make sure you have them. 

How was your interview with them? Did you get a seat offered by them? Even if I get an offer, I don't think I will accept it. But I will definitely ask them during my interview if they have cadaver labs and what changes they have made to ensure that they get accredited this time around. 

On 6/1/2020 at 11:54 PM, MD1997 said:

Received invite for interview, July 2! Excited, but also nervous that the program will not be granted accreditation again. Does anyone know anything more about the program? 

I have an interview tomorrow as well! Super nervous 😕

16 hours ago, Supernovogirl said:

Hi! I got an interview invite for July 21nd!

I am also a little concerned about their accreditation. South- Tampa and South- Savannah seem to be doing great. So I would like to think that they share similar teaching methods. Would love to hear about how your interviews went! Good Luck!!!

Do you mind sharing when you submitted and when you got your interview invite?

On 6/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, MD1997 said:

How was your interview with them? Did you get a seat offered by them? Even if I get an offer, I don't think I will accept it. But I will definitely ask them during my interview if they have cadaver labs and what changes they have made to ensure that they get accredited this time around. 

I was waitlisted, but I turned down my position on the waitlist because I realized that even if I was to be offered a seat off the waitlist, I wouldn't feel happy or enthusiastic about attending that program. 

My discomfort probably was apparent during my interview so I wasn't too surprised that I was waitlisted. 

4 hours ago, prepa1331 said:

How did it go? Do you have any tips? I am interviewing on Wednesday!

It went so well! I was BEYOND nervous going into it but the faculty was Extremely laid back and made me feel so comfortable. I really enjoyed the interview actually! They didn’t throw any curveballs or ask any difficult questions, it was super conversational and they just want to get to know you! I received an acceptance letter today! 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikkkk said:

It went so well! I was BEYOND nervous going into it but the faculty was Extremely laid back and made me feel so comfortable. I really enjoyed the interview actually! They didn’t throw any curveballs or ask any difficult questions, it was super conversational and they just want to get to know you! I received an acceptance letter today! 🙂

Agreed! They made me feel calm and welcomed. I got my acceptance offer today as well! Not 100% sure if i will take it, as I have hardly heard back from all the schools I applied to, and still have an upcoming interview in September for my top choice school. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, MD1997 said:

Agreed! They made me feel calm and welcomed. I got my acceptance offer today as well! Not 100% sure if i will take it, as I have hardly heard back from all the schools I applied to, and still have an upcoming interview in September for my top choice school. 

Did they give you a time frame that you needed to accept their offer?