2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Marias224 said:

I haven't heard anything. I hope that's good news. Has anyone received a rejection yet? 

I haven’t heard anything either, but if people have received their interview invitations, I think it’s safe to say the ones who haven’t probably didn’t get one. Unfortunate, I know. I’ve interviewed with Samford 2 years in a row, and apparently didn’t get one this go around

2 minutes ago, ctpendley4ua said:

I haven’t heard anything either, but if people have received their interview invitations, I think it’s safe to say the ones who haven’t probably didn’t get one. Unfortunate, I know. I’ve interviewed with Samford 2 years in a row, and apparently didn’t get one this go around

Well, that's disappointing. I'll quit checking my email every 5 minutes. Haha. 

• Like 1

So, have any of you heard how the interviews will go? I know it says that the morning interview time is from 8 AM-12:30 pm. I am assuming that might include a campus tour or something? And, our interview will be incorporated during that time period? I think an email will be sent with more information, but I am just curious!!

I am excited to meet all of you interviewing at the 10/2 morning session!!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Marias224 said:

Do you know if they send put multiple rounds of interview invotes or just the one? I am only asking so I can stop checking my email constantly. 

I am not sure what the plan was for this year, but I know that the past two years they have sent out one round of interview invites and given everyone several dates and times to select from for interviews!

47 minutes ago, rnb2017 said:

What was the interview process like?

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. You will be divided into 3 groups and will rotate through 3 different activities, which consists of 2 faculty interviews, a campus tour, and a writing assignment! It is very, very relaxed, so do not stress about anything at all!!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Sarah8 said:

Hi everyone. I was initially rejected from this program but received an interview invite in my spam folder today. Has anyone been in a similar situation? And for those who interviewed, is it in person or virtual?

I know at least one other person who also had this happen to them today. Did Samford send you an email saying that you were rejected for this cycle and then offer you an interview? I wonder if that means that they've already rejected a few of the applicants who already had interviews...but idk I'm probably thinking way too deep into it lol. And yes, the interviews were in person!